• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Polar

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
Years
  • N9nfYZ9.png

Want to see more? Check out my discord!

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023
    I'm a bit sad that the initial designs for the protagonists won't end up being used for this game after all. Having unique protag designs is one of the things that can be attractive to rom hacks, instead of just reusing previous gen protags and implanting them into the game. The female protag's design was super cute.

Still, the costume feature sounds like a nice alternative, so that's pretty neat.

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
  • I'm a bit sad that the initial designs for the protagonists won't end up being used for this game after all. Having unique protag designs is one of the things that can be attractive to rom hacks, instead of just reusing previous gen protags and implanting them into the game. The female protag's design was super cute.

Still, the costume feature sounds like a nice alternative, so that's pretty neat.

Sometimes things don't go as planned.
    If, in the future, I have custom protags, I can add them as new costumes, so that's nothing that bothers me too much.

Update! New start menu!
    F9nndSQ.png

Design: Jaizu
    Code: SBird

DaleFails

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Wow, this looks really good!

Is this an actual ROM hack of Emerald? Or a game developed outside of ROM hacking such as with RPG Maker? I thought a lot of the features you're showcasing weren't possible in the limitations of ROM hacking but I've never hacked Emerald, so I wouldn't know!

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
  • Wow, this looks really good!

Is this an actual ROM hack of Emerald? Or a game developed outside of ROM hacking such as with RPG Maker? I thought a lot of the features you're showcasing weren't possible in the limitations of ROM hacking but I've never hacked Emerald, so I wouldn't know!

It's only emerald, nothing external, it runs in an original game boy advance.

I honestly mistook this hack as a fire red hack, this hack looks so good

Thanks! I like to do custom graphics, I don't like Emerald style.

Update! I upgraded the costume menu!
    Now you can and have to unlock the extra costumes if you want to change your appearance, so choose carefully in the intro how you want to look :)
    Big thanks to Skeli and Spherical Ice for helping me making a dynamic list menu <3

UVm6XiO.png

DaleFails

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    This is very impressive, very high quality! Keep it up! I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure.

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
  • All the recent updates are nothing short of amazing!!
    I'm really impressed. Keep up the good work, mate...

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    I know I'm supposed to wait for it patiently like a good person would but please this rom is giving me too much excitement, hasten thy results probably please🤣

Years
    • Seen today
    Yeah, the creator moved on to the Sinnoh GBA project. Unfortunate news to see Polar discontinued since it was looking fantastic, but we know this happens sometimes.

Years
  • I really like your custom graphics.

I prefer Firered-like somewhat blurry object graphics, because of that

some graphics used for rom hacks feel awkward to me sometimes.

But your hack looks really natural and well-blended, volumetric feeling, sharpness of objects, and color combination of screens looks all good.

And needless to say, the uniqueness like the Panda restaurant and trainers.

Back