• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I managed to extend monochrome support for "impure" white and black colors:

Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

So by editing the values in macros/monochrome.asm, you can have any palette you want:

(Please don't ask for a patch like this. This is a feature available only if you compile Polished Crystal yourself.)

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    There's a new beta patch: polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-981daae.ips

This patch fixes a game-breaking glitch where Lance's Dragonite's Wide Lens crashed the game, so you had to outspeed and OHKO it. Plus some other minor bugs.

I won't be making a new post for every beta update, so check back occasionally to the original post and see what the last update is. Of course, it shouldn't be too long before betas are irrelevant and the final copy is released. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2017
    Oh my god, it is almost there... :D
    I'm not sure if i should download this 3.0.0 beta or wait for complete, "official" 3.0 release.

I'm not sure if i should download this 3.0.0 beta or wait for complete, "official" 3.0 release.

It would be more helpful for you to try the beta if you feel like you can make good bug reports and give semi-detailed feedback. Once a hacker gets far enough to ask for beta testers, hacking becomes sort-of a team effort. As players, giving feedback and reporting bugs when asked is pretty much the most important thing we can do to help out our favorite hacks and hackers.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023

And of course it has Swarm! D:

Nice luck! Will you be evolving it into a shiny Scizor?

It would be more helpful for you to try the beta if you feel like you can make good bug reports and give semi-detailed feedback. Once a hacker gets far enough to ask for beta testers, hacking becomes sort-of a team effort. As players, giving feedback and reporting bugs when asked is pretty much the most important thing we can do to help out our favorite hacks and hackers.

Yeah, since releasing a beta a few days ago pretty many bugs have been found and fixed, from minor to game-breaking. I'd suggest playing the beta, but differently than you usually play the game. Try new things, explore, catch Pok?mon you wouldn't normally use; it helps to uncover bugs, and you probably can't use beta saves with the final version anyway, so might as well not get too invested in it.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Right now I'm just starting a game on the latest patch provided, and I have also encountered the PP problem. It is particularly glaring at the start of the game when many trainer-owned Pok?mon only have one attack to deal damage. No trainer-owned Pok?mon has any PP whatsoever for their first attack, and when they attempt to use it, it will say "But no PP is left for the move!"

So far, the bug has appeared when playing the latest linked patch on all three emulators I have on my computer: VBA, TGB Dual, and even BGB.

Edit: Every single Pok?mon that can normally breed is unable to breed unless their partner is Ditto.
    Edit2: In the Cianwood Gym, the first two trainers there. The Hitmonlee is nicknamed Jackie and the Hitmonchan is nicknamed Bruce. Funny little mistake there.
    Edit3: After kicking Team Rocket off Routes 47-48, the Cowgirl you have to Surf to battle has three Tauros at Levels 57-61. Not only are those levels way too high (it's pretty much an instant loss if you don't have a Ghost), her dialogue when she is about to switch a new Tauros in is glitchy as well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2017
    Okay, i'll reportall oddities here.

- Both Lyra and Silver were spamming only leer with their starters. Dunno if it's related to a PP thing that Silent S mentioned above, but i found it kinda weird.

- Youngster Joey's Rattata was like 1 or 2 points short of full HP at start of the battle. Kinda funny.

- PP bug confirmed, Younger Mikey's Pidgey was having 0 PP Tackle

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    hey rangi, how did you say the alternate colours of pokemon are determined? DVs? so would enabling perfect IVs get rid of this feature?

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    hey rangi, how did you say the alternate colours of pokemon are determined? DVs? so would enabling perfect IVs get rid of this feature?

That's the whole point of the option. If the IVs were actually set to 15 then yes, colours would all be the same. There is one thing I must stress here; IVs are still random and can be any number between 1 - 15! The only thing that enabling "perfect IVs" does is calculates the stats as if they were perfect, without actually changing them.

IVs are random, so the colours are still different.

If that still doesn't make sense, then just know that colours are still different even with perfect IVs set to on.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    awesome, thanks for the reply

edit: another question, is there a place where we can look at all of the differences in colours?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2017
    I have a few things to comment:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Heh, torment in GSC :P -- Anyway, simple fix, the Choice check is inverted so it allows any move *but* the locked one. Fixed in git, thanks. Also fixed Rocky Helmet (it was missing a check for if the move made contact). Some alolan forms aren't included since currently they replace the native one if available. Maybe in a later version there will be proper Form support for more than just different sprites...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2017
    Found some problems for you.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    an issue, not sure if anyone has touched on it yet

Spoiler:

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Found some problems for you.

1. Thief doesn?t steal items from wild mon. The game says it does, but it doesn?t.

2. Synchronize does not help with finding mon of certain natures.

3. I cannot get breeding to work without using ditto. Tried various combinations with no luck. The strange thing is that the mon are initially not interested in each other, but after walking around about a cycle, they suddenly do become interested in each other. Still no egg though. When using ditto, everything works as it should.

4. Found two sleeping butterfrees that slept through the 5 and 6 first turns of battle. Slept 1-3 after using hypnosis, as they should. Seems like mon that enter battle sleeping, might use 2-7 turns before waking up the first time, as in gen2.

5. Found no mon when surfing at the coast of route 34.

Suggestions:
    1. 95% of the times I am going to use items in battle, I am going for pokeballs. Therefore I believe the ball pocket would really be the best as the default pocket in battle.

2. I would really like it if the day-care man could hand out eggs west of his house as in gen4. It would definitely make breeding feel much smoother.

I've fixed Headbutt sleep and added wild Pok?mon to Route 34 Coast, although other locations still need wild Pok?mon. I'll look into putting the Day-Care Man outside. The Bag opens to whichever pocket you were in last, whether or not you're in a battle. The battle engine bugs with Thief and Synchronize and not yet fixed, not is the non-Ditto breeding.

therealzef said:
    an issue, not sure if anyone has touched on it yet

some trainers pokemon dont have PP on certain moves. a trainer before violet didn't have PP on their pidgey, and none of the bellsprouts in sprout tower had pp on vine whip

It's been reported. Haven't fixed it yet.

Edit:

Minor bug: When you select Flash to teach it to a Pok?mon, it still says "Booted up an HM" even though it's a TM now.

7-The Cowgirl in Safari Zone have it's name bugged

Edit2: In the Cianwood Gym, the first two trainers there. The Hitmonlee is nicknamed Jackie and the Hitmonchan is nicknamed Bruce. Funny little mistake there.
    Edit3: After kicking Team Rocket off Routes 47-48, the Cowgirl you have to Surf to battle has three Tauros at Levels 57-61. Not only are those levels way too high (it's pretty much an instant loss if you don't have a Ghost), her dialogue when she is about to switch a new Tauros in is glitchy as well.

Fixed these.

Last edited:

Aussie Riolu

What is anything to a Riolu?
    Years
  • Weird. Even though I evolved Scyther into Scizor by Leveling up while Holding the Metal Coat, it still kept it. (Not complaining btw lol)
    Also was gonna mention the Thief issue but it's already been addressed. I used Save States to find that Metal Coat and then catch the Magnemite to work around it.

Back