• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saffron Version

Years
  • Just a heads up to everyone following this game. The next version of Saffron is very far off. I'm currently rewriting the game in C/ASM for dynamic insertion, and overhauling it in the process. It's also now being built on top of the CFRU so Demo v3 will include every Pokemon, item, move, ability, etc from every generation along with features like multi-battles, z-moves, dexnav, etc.

The wait will be worth it!

Yes! Thank you so much! This is just what Saffron needs. No matter how long the wait!

Years
  • Now that it seems that you're gonna have another region in the game based on you saying the next release is the first full region, you might want to edit the opening post to reflect this. I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure while I slowly work my way through the current release.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2021
    evo stone dealer on Pomelo Island.

Awesome game so far but i have a couple of questions...

1) How can i evolve trading Pokemon like Gengar and Alakazam?

2) Is there a quick way to raise the happiness?

3)I got the latest version of the patch does the saves will be compatible for what is coming?

Nightrey

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2023
    Dude if this has Battle Frontier i will say this is the best GBA hack rom ever!!!

Years
  • Hey. Great job on the game. Its amazing how people are pulling off ROM Hacks like these. If someone gave me a cartridge of this game I'd literally believe that this is a real game made by Gamefreak. I am glad that the CFRU is being added to Saffron as now it opens so many more opportunities for fun experience in this awesome game.

I just have one thing to say, please don't add all 890 Pokemon to the game after the big update comes with all the CFRU and DPE features. Keep the Pokedex confined to the 270 Pokemon there already are and if you really want to then add a 100 or so more Pokemon. One of the the best part about this hack is the great selection of Pokemon in the reigonal dex and if you add all 890 Pokemon then the game will get super congested and it won't be fun. Even games with like all Pokemon till Gen 6 feel like the Pokemon are just scattered around just like that meaninglessly. So please, this is just a humble request from a fan of this hack.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    I think he should have all the pokemon added(cuz the work is already done for it anyway, wy work to get less?). If he really wants, he can just make some pokemon unobtainable

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    Hello , i am trying to patch the game but after i select the ips, the program says "couldnt open file for reading" . is the download file corrupted?

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2020
    I am getting the same crash after I get eevee. The game will freeze or reset. I've tried a few different emulators and can't get it. I might need a different 1.0 rom of leaf green but I thought I had a clean one.

Years
  • I am getting the same crash after I get eevee. The game will freeze or reset. I've tried a few different emulators and can't get it. I might need a different 1.0 rom of leaf green but I thought I had a clean one.

Umm, the base rom of the game is FireRed not Leaf Green, so that explains the bug that you've encountered.

Years
    • He/She/They/Them
    • Earth
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    Hi! I'm a newer ROM Hacker and would love to know how you created a custom regional dex in the Fire Red ROM with more than 255 Pokemon

You can try using Skelii's Complete FireRed Upgrade+Dynamic Pokemon Expansion.The old way was using Gen 3 Suite

Years
    • He/She/They/Them
    • Earth
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    Is that for a custom Regional Pokedex or just an expanded National Dex?

You can slowly edit each Pokemon using Gen 3 Suite changing the name,sprite,area type found,etc.I'm still learning how to use CFRU so hopefully you get better advice from others.

Back