• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saffron Version

Fargusnoshawott

Saviour of Unova
Years
  • I can't wait to play Saffron next year!! The scenery and battle backgrounds are just plain stellar, and the Aziran variants looks awesome!
    I hope this and Unbound can help me kill time until GF announces Sinnoh remakes!

Years
  • yet another excellent romhack to watch out for next year, awesome!

already played the 6 Gym beta a while ago, and i remember it being super cool already. the fact that there's gonna be even more improvements to this means it's gon be a nuts game. excited af :D :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I was just thinking again about ultra beasts and how you are deciding not to include them. Now, I've been playing a lot of unbound and other ROMs that feature them and personally think that some, absolutely, should not be included. On the flip side, I think there is a place for a couple, especially with regards to the story about the great migration being influenced by mythical and legendary Pokémon. There are of course some legendaries that share characteristics with the UBs such as Cosmog, Necrozma and Eternatus, will they be in the game? And what about Meltan and the Gen 8 legends like the new Regis? Just wondered. Anyway, wishing you luck with with the ROM it looks...stunning. take care.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    Is this game complete or not ? If not complete , upto which point does it go ? Also, when will the Full version or V3 mentioned there come out ?
    Pls also tell me some Rom Hack similar to yours (Good Graphics,All Pokemon, New region and story) to play untill Full version comes out.....

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021

Pokémon Saffron Version

Welcome to the Azira Region

Azira is a dense region in South America that is home to many species of Pokémon while they migrate across the globe. Once every decade, a majority of the migration paths sync up and cause the region's Pokémon population to skyrocket! This event is known as the Great Migration. Trainers, gym leaders, professors, and adventurers come from far and wide to experience this grand event.

Your family is from the Hoenn region, where your brother ventured out to become a Pokémon master! Now it is your turn. You and your mother have moved to Haba island, a small landmass located just off the coast of the mainland. Upon arriving, Professor Oak recruits you to help him with his studies. He believes the migration paths are directly related to the behavior of legendary and mythical Pokémon, and needs your help to collect data for his research on this phenomena.

Explore Azira while you discover the secret to the migration routes, uncover Team Rocket's nefarious plan, and encounter some familiar faces along the way!

Screens

Pokémon Saffron Version

Pokémon Saffron Version
    Pokémon Saffron Version
    Pokémon Saffron Version
    Pokémon Saffron Version

Pokémon Saffron Version
    Pokémon Saffron Version
    Pokémon Saffron Version
    Pokémon Saffron Version

Pokémon Saffron Version
    Pokémon Saffron Version
    Pokémon Saffron Version
    Pokémon Saffron Version

Pokémon Saffron Version
    Pokémon Saffron Version
    Pokémon Saffron Version
    Pokémon Saffron Version

Pokémon Saffron Version
    Pokémon Saffron Version
    Pokémon Saffron Version
    Pokémon Saffron Version

Pokémon Saffron Version
    Pokémon Saffron Version
    Pokémon Saffron Version
    Pokémon Saffron Version

Features

• Pokémon:
      The Aziran Pokédex consists of every Pokémon from generation 1-8 (excluding Ultra Beasts), including every form, Mega Evolution, Gigantimax, and regional variant.

Along with Alolan and Galarian variants, you can find a handful of Aziran variants in the wild.

Every Pokémon has their proper abilities and latest official moveset.

Mega Evolution, Z-Move, and Dynamax/Gigantamax mechanics are also available.

• Items:
      Most items from every official game have been added, amounting to over 600 items.

Almost every new item has its official effect, as well as old items having their effects updated to the latest official effect (e.g. Escape Rope, Exp. Share, etc.).

• New Mechanics:
      Many basic updates have been done, such as reusable TMs, B/W style Repel system, facing trainers, etc.

Mechanics from later official games include a Day/Night system, Berry Plants, Poffins, Honey Trees, Diving, Raid Battles, Dynamax Adventures, Mining, and more.

Saffron will also introduce brand new mechanics such as Bait Fishing, a field move system to replace HMs, Side Quests, and much more.

• Updated Graphics:
      All graphics have been updated to make Saffron unrecognizable from the base ROM, while preserving the Gen III style and feel.

• Music:
      The music consists of tracks from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, and a handful of tracks from other generations remastered with the NDS soundfont.

Downloads

Pokémon Saffron Demo v2

Demo v2 is very outdated and does not include most of what is listed above.
    I advise you wait for the next release before playing.

Credits

Spoiler:

I have used and removed so many small features and tiles that I can't keep track of who should even be credited.
    If I used something of yours and you are not listed here, tell me!
    If you are listed here and I didn't end up using anything from you, oh well!

Support Banner

Pokémon Saffron Version

HTML:
    [URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9976394#post9976394"][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/eBI6V1x.png[/IMG][/URL]

Pokémon Saffron Version

Is this game complete or not ? If not complete , upto which point does it go ? Also, when will the Full version or V3 mentioned there come out ?
    Pls also tell me some Rom Hack similar to yours (Good Graphics,All Pokemon, New region and story) to play untill Full version comes out.....

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    yet another excellent romhack to watch out for next year, awesome!

already played the 6 Gym beta a while ago, and i remember it being super cool already. the fact that there's gonna be even more improvements to this means it's gon be a nuts game. excited af :D :D

(BTW, Completed Pokemon Unbound)

Years
  • Is this game complete or not ? If not complete , upto which point does it go ? Also, when will the Full version or V3 mentioned there come out ?
    (BTW, Completed Pokemon Unbound)

as far as i know it isn't complete yet, but perhaps sooner or later mattymann will be able to fully push through with the game completion.

as for recommendations, please go to the Fan Game Recommendations section to get better assistance.

Years
    • Seen yesterday

No rom hack seems to fulfill all those requirements so far, other than Saffron, but it's not completed yet. The creator advices to wait for the next release.

Years
  • No rom hack seems to fulfill all those requirements so far, other than Saffron, but it's not completed yet. The creator advices to wait for the next release.

Unbound.

Years
    • Seen yesterday

Unbound doesn't have all Pokémon. It goes up to gen 7, and many moves/abilities are outdated.
    Radical Red does have Gen 8 but doesn't have the new region.
    Saffron has/will have everything updated to Gen 8 and new region. But it's not finished.

Years
    • Seen today
    @wipoon

Unbound is as updated as a Gen III ROM hack can get at this point in terms of moves and abilities.

Saffron won't have all pokemon either, but a selection of pokemon from different generations as far as I know. Saffron will use the same base as Pokemon Unbound, so I doubt that it will be more ''updated'' to newer Generation stuff than Unbound. Overworld graphics are definitely much better though.

Years
  • Unbound doesn't have all Pokémon. It goes up to gen 7, and many moves/abilities are outdated.
    Radical Red does have Gen 8 but doesn't have the new region.
    Saffron has/will have everything updated to Gen 8 and new region. But it's not finished.

Outdated? It's the most updated there is, haha.
    Radical Red and Saffron both use the CFRU (the same engine as Unbound); but yes, both of the games manually added Gen VIII.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    @wipoon

Unbound is as updated as a Gen III ROM hack can get at this point in terms of moves and abilities.

Saffron won't have all pokemon either, but a selection of pokemon from different generations as far as I know. Saffron will use the same base as Pokemon Unbound, so I doubt that it will be more ''updated'' to newer Generation stuff than Unbound. Overworld graphics are definitely much better though.

Actually, saffron will have all pokemon including gen 8. And yes i'm using the cfru, but not as a base but rather a supplemental piece that is being improved upon. So saffron actually will include moves/abilities and effects that are not included in the cfru.

Last edited:
    Back