• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saffron Version

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
    Actually, saffron will have all pokemon including gen 8. And yes i'm using the cfru, but not as a base but rather a supplemental piece that is being improved upon. So saffron actually will include moves/abilities and effects that are not included in the cfru.

I'm so looking forward for the day when Saffron would be released! You rock mate!
    Unbound was released last month and couple of months prior to that Adventures Red Exp pass was released as well. We saw Radical Red revolutionized QoL segment. Darkfire V2 is lined up for a release soon and if all this is not enough, MOT, Gaia V4 and Sors are probably going to be released in 2021 as well. What an amazing time for Gen III hacking! One mindblowing hack after another is being released. It won't be wrong to say that this is probably the second Golden Age of Gen III Hacking. May be I am exaggerating but the Quality and Content of the recently released hacks do support my argument.​

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    @wipoon

Unbound is as updated as a Gen III ROM hack can get at this point in terms of moves and abilities.

Outdated? It's the most updated there is, haha.

No, read the readme or check the game and you'll see that's not true. Leech Life has 20 power, Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Icebeam have 95 (and their stronger counterparts 120), Sucker Punch 80, Abilities and stuff that got nerfed in Gen 7 or 8 for obvious balance reasons aren't nerfed, Paralysis/confusion/burn effects aren't updated either, Gengar has Levitate, etc.

It might be first game that used the CFRU engine, but let's not spread false information. Radical Red and GS Chronicles are actually more updated in terms of moves/abilities and their effects, and so will Saffron based on what we know so far.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    Actually I have finished playing Unbound, that's why I'm Asking !
    Even some Pokemon Fangames(Not Rom Hacks, those made with Essentials/PSDK) with Good Graphics,All Pokemon(Atleast upto Gen-7), New region and story
    Will work, so pls tell me A Fangame similar to Unbound(Good Graphics,All Pokemon At least up to Gen-7, New region and story) !

Years
    No, read the readme or check the game and you'll see that's not true. Leech Life has 20 power, Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Icebeam have 95 (and their stronger counterparts 120), Sucker Punch 80, Abilities and stuff that got nerfed in Gen 7 or 8 for obvious balance reasons aren't nerfed, Paralysis/confusion/burn effects aren't updated either, Gengar has Levitate, etc.

It might be first game that used the CFRU engine, but let's not spread false information. Radical Red and GS Chronicles are actually more updated in terms of moves/abilities and their effects, and so will Saffron based on what we know so far.

They were intended to be like that tho? You know that the creator of CFRU is the main dev of Unbound right? He could just set all of the things you said to gen 8 standards but didnt for QoL reasons. Like , for example, leech life is 20bp right? There's a new move called leech fang that is intended to be the gen 7 leech life because 80bp move in a level 3 zubat is busted. This is also because skeli doesnt want to remove leech life as an early stab move for some bug types. Also idk why are you complaining about levitate gengar because levitate on gengar covers its ground type weakness lmaoo

Years

I don't think you know Skeli is the same person who made Unbound and CFRU, haha.

Outwitter

Years

I wonder whether you are talking about Saffron v2, and if that is the case, rest assured that it's no longer the actual representation of what we are about to see in Saffron v3, because Matty has clearly stated that v2 is "very outdated". Moreover, in his latest post he has mentioned that he is using CFRU as a supplement and not a base so we don't really know the exact details of what we are going to see in v3, however, he has given assurance that Saffron will have moves, abilities and effects that are not even present in CFRU atm. The selection menu is one of those exclusive features I guess.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    They were intended to be like that tho? You know that the creator of CFRU is the main dev of Unbound right? He could just set all of the things you said to gen 8 standards but didnt for QoL reasons. Like , for example, leech life is 20bp right? There's a new move called leech fang that is intended to be the gen 7 leech life because 80bp move in a level 3 zubat is busted. This is also because skeli doesnt want to remove leech life as an early stab move for some bug types. Also idk why are you complaining about levitate gengar because levitate on gengar covers its ground type weakness lmaoo

So? I've simply stated the facts that Unbound has certain moves/abilities/effects outdated, and that it doesn't have all Pokémon (in response to the user asking for a rom hack that had all Pokémon), that's all. Not my fault if you or the guy who doesn't bother actually reading believe that I'm complaining, or discrediting the game's engine or its creator, or whatever. I've just compared games' differences with actual facts. No matter how many people want to repeat that Unbound was created by the CFRU creator, that has nothing to do with being the most updated game in terms of Pokémon, moves/abilities and their effects... Anyone who played it should know it's not, in that aspect there are more updated games period.

And I don't know if you heared about game balance, but there's a reason why Levitate was taken away from Gengar and why other things were nerfed in the latest gens as well. Kangaskhan was also stronger with its Mega Broken ability in Gen 6, do you think devs did wrong when they nerfed it? They realized it was stupidly overpowered and unfair and decided to do something about it.

I wonder whether you are talking about Saffron v2

Pretty sure I've commented on what Saffron will have, so I'm talking about the future, not the current demo. It's even listed in the opening post that the game is intended to have all Pokémon from Gen 1-8 (excluding Ultra Beasts), as well as all regional variants, and every Pokémon with their proper abilities and latest official move sets. I've just repeated what the thread is already explaining in the first page.

Outwitter

Years
    Pretty sure I've commented on what Saffron will have, so I'm talking about the future, not the current demo. It's even listed in the opening post that the game is intended to have all Pokémon from Gen 1-8 (excluding Ultra Beasts), as well as all regional variants, and every Pokémon with their proper abilities and latest official move sets. I've just repeated what the thread is already explaining in the first page.

The discussion is more Unbound centric than Saffron I presume, my apologies! I have not yet played Unbound as I am waiting for a couple of more updates to the game. However, If I am recalling correctly, Skeli kept delaying his project till the release of Crown Tundra so that he can incorporate all the latest features upto Gen 8 in CFRU and that is clearly stated in the OP of Unbound as "a custom battle engine on par with Gen 8". There might be some oddities like Levitate Gengar or Parental Bond Kangaskhan as you have mentioned, either the dev wants it that way or he might have overlooked it. In any case, I won't mind them at all. Just look at what we are getting rather than whining about trivialities.​

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
    Years
    I'm just hoping Saffron doesn't have horribly dumb failed concepts like difficulty settings.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2023
    Hey guys, I caught an early game nidoran and was wondering where could I find a moon stone in pokemon Saffron?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    I found a bug.
    Whenever my Riolu evolves to Lucario the game freezes in VBA.
    Trying to play in MyBoy now to see if this problem happens there.

Back