• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Saiph - The VytroVerse Part 1 (Full Game released!)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    @Danidark97

There is nothing wrong with the file. It's a patch file not a zipfile. Check this on how to apply a patch.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2022
    Hey, I really enjoyed this hack. It is the first hacked rom I ever played and I am very impressed. I did encounter some issues though, nothing too big but might be good to know. Some are bugs, some are questions and some are just things I noticed along the way. Maybe it's nice to know for later projects so I'll list them here:

1. Can you evolve trade evolutions? My magmar is really awesome but a magmortar is even cooler :D
    2. Staravia evolves at level 34 normally but in this rom at 36, that would be fine but it misses out on learning close combat now and I haven't been able to find the move relearner.
    3. You can acces Shoray city early by using fly, this bypasses the guys blocking you because of an avalanche and Lori is even already there ready to go to MT Disort. I don't know what happens if you follow her as I didn't want to soft lock myself.
    4. In the Hocen cavern(IIRC, it's not that big and has team void grunts in it) you can go immediatly right through the wall and walk around out of bounds, it skips nothing and you can't get yourself stuck but it's good to know.
    5. The Lum and Leppa berries being this cheap is a bit broken, I bought 140 lum berries as soon as I could and my team was almost immune to status conditions. Nice for me but maybe not what you intended hahaha, same goes for the leppa berries, PP recovery items are never for sale and them being as cheap as they are is a bit overkill I think.
    6. How do I get to Hoenn? I beat Lori and caught darkrai but I don't really know where to go next. I probably missed something but oh well.

Thanks for this awesome hack though, I hope I can find some of similar quality, I use a GBA emulator for IOS so I could play it on my phone which is really convenient. I hope my remarks aren't useless and good luck on any further projects!

Vytron

Just an ordinary Romhacker
    Years
  • Hey, I really enjoyed this hack. It is the first hacked rom I ever played and I am very impressed. I did encounter some issues though, nothing too big but might be good to know. Some are bugs, some are questions and some are just things I noticed along the way. Maybe it's nice to know for later projects so I'll list them here:

1. Can you evolve trade evolutions? My magmar is really awesome but a magmortar is even cooler :D
    2. Staravia evolves at level 34 normally but in this rom at 36, that would be fine but it misses out on learning close combat now and I haven't been able to find the move relearner.
    3. You can acces Shoray city early by using fly, this bypasses the guys blocking you because of an avalanche and Lori is even already there ready to go to MT Disort. I don't know what happens if you follow her as I didn't want to soft lock myself.
    4. In the Hocen cavern(IIRC, it's not that big and has team void grunts in it) you can go immediatly right through the wall and walk around out of bounds, it skips nothing and you can't get yourself stuck but it's good to know.
    5. The Lum and Leppa berries being this cheap is a bit broken, I bought 140 lum berries as soon as I could and my team was almost immune to status conditions. Nice for me but maybe not what you intended hahaha, same goes for the leppa berries, PP recovery items are never for sale and them being as cheap as they are is a bit overkill I think.
    6. How do I get to Hoenn? I beat Lori and caught darkrai but I don't really know where to go next. I probably missed something but oh well.

Thanks for this awesome hack though, I hope I can find some of similar quality, I use a GBA emulator for IOS so I could play it on my phone which is really convenient. I hope my remarks aren't useless and good luck on any further projects!

Hello thank you for the valid points and the constructive criticism ^^
    Due to some broken engine issues trade evoltuions aren't available without the use of cheats.
    Oh boy I really did forget how broken those two berries are, I didn't realize smh
    You can get to Hoenn by surfing through Route 13 (Wattles did tell you btw)

Btw I am working on a new hack, and I did learn my lessons from saiph's issues be sure to check its demo if you are curious, it's called Pokemon Sors :D

Marx321

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    hello Sir, how can i fix my pokedex?
    I downloaded the zip file somewhere
    then this pokedex show nothing data of the pokemon i seen and i catch.
    need help here :(

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Hey there. I've found an interesting bug. After 7th badge you will get a phone call. After this if you surf to Colen Island(before Light Island), you can actually get to Hoenn. You will get same message from Lori as on Light Island and one of the guards will be gone so you can pass through.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2021
    Hey!

I'm pretty new to Rom Hacks and such and found your amazing PokeWorld. But somehow I get alot of crashes and black screens.

I'm using mGBA and did patch the game correctly (other games with the same FireRed Rom work perfectly)
    So the first crash I encounter is if I try to look at the summary of Cottonee inside the PC, if I go to next page it just freezes.
    The second encounter was with Munchlux reaching level 4, after I get the defense curl and I get the option to learn it. It showes me all 4 skill but they are blank and If I choose any spot, it just turns black.

I don't know what I did wrong so far :/

Vytron

Years
  • Hey!

I'm pretty new to Rom Hacks and such and found your amazing PokeWorld. But somehow I get alot of crashes and black screens.

I'm using mGBA and did patch the game correctly (other games with the same FireRed Rom work perfectly)
    So the first crash I encounter is if I try to look at the summary of Cottonee inside the PC, if I go to next page it just freezes.
    The second encounter was with Munchlux reaching level 4, after I get the defense curl and I get the option to learn it. It showes me all 4 skill but they are blank and If I choose any spot, it just turns black.

I don't know what I did wrong so far :/

Use vba (vanilla vba, not vba-m), mgba isn't supported, many of the bugs you encountered will be gone

Years
  • I'm playing your creation for the third time. If you ever make another update, I beg you to change the starters! I think the choices were the unpopular ones, so maybe this time you can make a change... 4th gen: Chimchar, 5th gen: Snivy & 6th gen:Froakie (specially this one considering it's a bit of a struggle to find a good water pokemon at the beggining. It is a really enjoyable game! Thank you for all your work.

Vytron

Years
  • I'm playing your creation for the third time. If you ever make another update, I beg you to change the starters! I think the choices were the unpopular ones, so maybe this time you can make a change... 4th gen: Chimchar, 5th gen: Snivy & 6th gen:Froakie (specially this one considering it's a bit of a struggle to find a good water pokemon at the beggining. It is a really enjoyable game! Thank you for all your work.

Hehe thank you and wow a third time, what a madlad! ^^
    Well besides that 2020 patch from march, I don't intend to make anything drastic for Saiph, that patch itself was also just a big fix update, without content added or changed in the game.
    And I work on Sors, which I have even more ambition for, so I probably won't make anything drastic for Saiph anymore, maybe some other bug fix patches but that's it.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • So how about an evolution guide to show how each mon available evolves? Actually, something like a list of creature locations/TM locations/evolution requirements would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • So how about an evolution guide to show how each mon available evolves? Actually, something like a list of creature locations/TM locations/evolution requirements would be nice. Thanks in advance.

I think he stated he's not adding that, but if someone else is willing to put time and effort into doing a guide for all that then I'm certain he'll accept it, but I remember Vytron stating he wasn't going to do guides unfortunately.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2021
    I saw the words "Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia" and became hooked. That's my favorite Pokemon game! I'm about to download this and play this right now!

Back