• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

rainbow545

Banned
Years
  • Oh man, it was not my intention to create such a controversal discussion here.

From my perspective, I am just a Pokemon fan for a long time and Shiny Gold was the first hack I have ever played. I loved Shiny Gold X and wanna bring it back to you. Thankfully I have some knowledge about editing the game, just enough to make sure my changes won't crash anything.

And there is only this old forum thread, so it is my hope to bring the community and fans of the game together on the discord to talk to each other there and discuss about the game. I am not interestet to earn any effort or even money for my work.

So it is really sad to read something here like "shut up and stop doing your crap" just in other words. And for me it would be also disappointing if there is no possibility to come together with the other developers and testers of the game to talk about the changes we made and bring all together. Otherwise I have to do this for my own as I said.

So as futeen said, I just wanna do something "good" for the community on way of full transparancy. With some of the words I have to read above I thought it would maybe be the better way to keep Shiny Gold X and the updates for myself, sorry…

no, I'm sorry. i just downloaded Shiny Gold X 2021, and am planning on playing it very soon. once again, kudos to you for having the extreme patience to finish that hack. is Youngster Joey fixed? he had a glitched name in hacksrepairman's version. not sure why.

rainbow545

Banned
    Years
  • For sure you can join the discord, it is there for everyone! :-)

And everything is fine, everyone can like and play the games he or she want's. And a fair and gentle discussion about that is naturally a part of being a community, right?

I am a peaceful man and just wanna do something for the community. So please come down and be calm. Rudeness is something noone wanna have here! :-)

which version of Shiny Gold X should i download? like, which one is better?

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • @hacksrepairman & @spider2MW I cannot thank you enough for your work finishing this iconic rom hack.

And @zel 2.0 ofc, I imagine you as a rom hacking grand master of sorts, someone who paved the way, & then ascended to a round table of rom-hacking wise elders not of this realm.

Shiny Gold will always have a special place in my heart. I think I was around 12/13 when I first played, I have core memories of playing it on vba while in my ICT classes at school instead of paying attention in lessons, or in the library when I was bored of w/e homework or essay I was writing. I remember the amazement in my classmates eyes when they saw me playing, and asking me to help set it up for them too. Even now reminiscing about those times still brings me joy.

I wanted to extend my utmost gratitude, respect & regards to everyone who worked on this project, and to those who still do & keep Shiny Gold alive!

I will continue to keep up with & support this project anticipating it's eventual completion, this is a title I will always replay over & over, forever remembering fondly.

Years
  • Thanks man, nice to hear!

As far as I know hacksrepairman is looking forward to other projects, but this does not mean we have seen the last update for Shiny Gold.

Cause it is also my favourite hack until today and my first one I have ever played, there are some rumors and ideas. Check out our Discord for newest information!

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • ah I can imagine, is his latest Shiny Gold update considered complete then? In terms of content? Rather than like stability or polish.

What's the roadmap for Shiny Gold X like too?

Years
  • From story and scripting perspective the game is complete, but there is some polish to do. So expect one final release of Shiny Gold in a few months :-)

Years
  • Hello guys, and happy new year 2023!

There is a long story with Pokemon Shiny Gold and we had some releases in the last years, above all for me there was my personal wish to bring this hack back to a new version of Shiny Gold X with all the fixes made by hacksrepairman plus some changes here and there. But I always felt a bit unsure while working on the game, cause I was always only the dude making some minor trivial changes to a game which I was never deep into like the original creators and hacksrepairman.

Time has gone and changed and there are so many newer hacks out there with things and mechanics often asked for to implement in Shiny Gold. And the best way for Shiny Gold would probably also be a complete rework for an update this comprehensive I planned it. But this is not possible for me to do and probably also not really needed cause of alle the good other hacks out there.

Also there is a job change upcoming in 2023 for me, new private projects and videos to do for my YouTube channel and last but not least I am bitterly disappointed cause of the latest Pokemon games made by GF and in general out of Pokemon for now.

TLDR: I decided to stop all my work on Shiny Gold, deleted the discord channel to stop confusion for the future and also decide to delete my unfinished versions from Shiny Gold X. So for now we are back to the latest release from Hacksrepairman.

And I think this is the perfect one to keep up the glory Shiny Gold deserved. An anciend hack from the good old days of rom hacking without the forced but unneccessary idea to bring things into the game which are not needed. So please do not being sad, enjoy the latest release of this game and the other hacks out there. For me, I am over and out with active work here. I enjoyed the time, thank you for your support. Anyways, gotta catch 'em all! :-)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Hello guys, and happy new year 2023!

There is a long story with Pokemon Shiny Gold and we had some releases in the last years, above all for me there was my personal wish to bring this hack back to a new version of Shiny Gold X with all the fixes made by hacksrepairman plus some changes here and there. But I always felt a bit unsure while working on the game, cause I was always only the dude making some minor trivial changes to a game which I was never deep into like the original creators and hacksrepairman.

Time has gone and changed and there are so many newer hacks out there with things and mechanics often asked for to implement in Shiny Gold. And the best way for Shiny Gold would probably also be a complete rework for an update this comprehensive I planned it. But this is not possible for me to do and probably also not really needed cause of alle the good other hacks out there.

Also there is a job change upcoming in 2023 for me, new private projects and videos to do for my YouTube channel and last but not least I am bitterly disappointed cause of the latest Pokemon games made by GF and in general out of Pokemon for now.

TLDR: I decided to stop all my work on Shiny Gold, deleted the discord channel to stop confusion for the future and also decide to delete my unfinished versions from Shiny Gold X. So for now we are back to the latest release from Hacksrepairman.

And I think this is the perfect one to keep up the glory Shiny Gold deserved. An anciend hack from the good old days of rom hacking without the forced but unneccessary idea to bring things into the game which are not needed. So please do not being sad, enjoy the latest release of this game and the other hacks out there. For me, I am over and out with active work here. I enjoyed the time, thank you for your support. Anyways, gotta catch 'em all! :-)

Happy new year 🥲👍

Years
  • I just recently heard about updates for ShinyGold and they seems promising. I've done a playthrough on the latest version of the X version and I made a few edits to the game, I even added Red just as an extra finale for my series. I may give this a try if there's also a complete X version. What's everything that's been added and fixed? I don't know if anyone is aware of Zel's YouTube channel, but I remembered he showed off some sort of a waterfall challenge. Would that be in the update?

Years
  • I saw the waterfall challenge (and one other mini game I think) on his YT channel, but I think this never made the way in a game release. I did not find it in the last release of hacksrepairman or by checking maps and code for my planned but cancelled update of Shiny Gold X. But I would definitely love to see that in the game!

Back