• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I still remember how much I liked this game. This is why I decided to make a fixed version of this hack which contains a whole Kanto Region. I know someone else tried to do the same thing, but all of them tried to change the original things in this hack. This makes me think I should make a fixed version in which all the creators' ideas are perfectly preserved. So, here it is. A faithfully fixed Pokemon Shiny Gold Beta5.
    The following glitches are fixed:
    A small cave in Ice Path is glitched.
    The glitched border tiles of Route 2.
    You can still enter Safari Zone even though you lost your Pokemon.
    The following things are added by me:
    Gold/Silver style Pewter City, Route 3, Mt. Moon, Vermilion City, Route 1, Pallet Town, Route 21, Cinnabar Island, Route 20, Route 19.
    Trainer Tower, secret areas where you can catch Mewtwo, Rayquazza and Regirock after Red is defeated. (All these things are based on the creator's original map.)
    Rival's events in Mt. Moon, Indigo Plateau and Dragon's Den.
    Some screenshots:
    TmTk7GF.png

Here's the download link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold_Faithfully_Fixed_Beta5.ips
    This update should be final, in which I have fixed these:
    The wrong item sprite on Sprout Tower.
    Silver Wing's name isn't shown correctly.
    Some trainer has wrong movepool.
    The old link still work:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold+Faithfully+Fixed+Beta5.ips/file

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I still remember how much I liked this game. This is why I decided to make a fixed version of this hack which contains a whole Kanto Region. I know someone else tried to do the same thing, but all of them tried to change the original things in this hack. This makes me think I should make a fixed version in which all the creators' ideas are perfectly preserved. So, here it is. A faithfully fixed Pokemon Shiny Gold Beta5.
    Gold/Silver style Pewter City, Route 3, Mt. Moon, Vermilion City, Route 1, Pallet Town, Route 21, Cinnabar Island, Route 20, Route 19.
    Trainer Tower, secret areas where you can catch Mewtwo, Rayquazza and Regirock after Red is defeated. (All these things are based on the creator's original map.)
    Some screenshots:
    TmTk7GF.png

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold_Faithfully_Fixed_Beta5.ips

Thanks to jiangzhengwenjzw's help, one glitch which may make restarting the game glitchy was found and fixed. Which was done with the help of Zeturic's patch, so the patch was updated a little bit. However, if you're not planning on restarting the game once you have saved, then this update is not that important, the old link still works:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold_Faithfully_Fixed_Beta5.ips/file

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Some screenshots:
    TmTk7GF.png

One potential glitch was discovered by spider2MW, which may make the King's Rock unobtainable. Which was fixed just now. The link is still the old one:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold+Faithfully+Fixed+Beta5.ips/file

Years
    Years
  • This was outdated, check out the Shiny Gold Discord for newest information!

Attachments

• Pokemon Shiny Gold X 2021.ips
      1.4 MB · Views: 184
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Some screenshots:
    TmTk7GF.png

Thanks to jiangzhengwenjzw's help, one more potential gamebreaking glitch was spotted and fixed. Which came from the original fire red, which copies your pokemon in double battle when you have only one pokemon. The old link still works:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold_Faithfully_Fixed_Beta5.ips/file

Years
    • Seen today
    @spider2MW

I think it's a good idea not to work on something parallelly, while someone else is already working on it.

It's probably a better idea just to mention eventual bugs you might find to Hacksrepairman, let him fix them and wait for the hack to crystalize. Two people working on it simultaneously is just very confusing and doesn't benefit anyone.

After the hack is crystalized and no bugs are reported anymore, you can probably pick it up and make whatever version you want of it. That seems to be Shiny Gold's fate anyway.

Years
    • Seen today
    @spider2MW

Other ROM hacks have just one developer/one small team working on it. Which should be the way to go, since it's most convenient to just have one person implement all changes in a binary ROM hack.

HacksRepairman stays truthful to the original hackers' ideas. From your last post, about changing trainer and such, I deduce you don't do that.

So really, just wait until the hack is crystalized before you lay your hand at it. Once you do that, feel free to create own thread in the Sideshow Showcase and explain what you've changed compared to the original. Shiny Gold has been used before as a base but that resulted in a disgrace for the ROM hacking community. Either way, it should probably be fine to use it as a base, since it has been used as a base before. Be sure to give proper credit to the original creator and probably HacksRepairman though.

It's not yours to decide what the eventual completed Shiny Gold should have been. Defenitely not if you haven't talked to the original creator. Just let HacksRepairman do his thing, iirc he actually got permission to finish the game.

Also, the fact that you're not overwriting free space, as you said, has nothing to do with possible bugs in the future. If you would actually only overwrite free space, there won't be a problem at all. The problem is that pretty much all tools in binary ROM Hacking have their flaws, be it AdvanceMap, HTE, PGE, G3Tools, etc. They can potentially all cause bugs in your ROM if you don't use them with caution. You should always do proper playtesting to check whether everything is implemented as intended.

rainbow545

Banned
    Years
  • I've played through the whole game after implement my changes, you can be sure that there is no new bug or something.

And I have not added "new" trainers to the game, the trainers I have added were out ouf bounce in the new island in south of Route 41. So this not kind of new ideas by me, it is only something I have added to the game from beta leftovers, you know.

So basically I did the same as hacksrepairman did, keep the original ideas and just fix some bugs or error, call it something you want to.

For me we all work with the same idea on the game, just make it better / complete by keeping the old ideals from Zel.

Exactly for this it would be better to talk to each other in a discord voice room. There we can discuss our changes and create a plan for the future. So there is no reason for me why I should wait for a possible new fix of hacksrepairman, because every time there is a new one I have to completely rewrite my version of Shiny Gold X. Work together on this project would be the best for the whole community! :-)

And for sure I know: Some crap like Ultra Shiny Gold Sigma is nothing I've intended to create...the credit for hacksrepairman and Zel is for sure at the discord, check it out!

i don't think Shiny Gold Sigma is 'crap' at all. i really like it! Plus, i agree with the above user. contact Zel if you want to change anything with Shiny Gold. also, saying you're copying what another hacker is doing is wrong. hacksrepairman is unique because he completes (or tries to complete) hacks that have been abandoned. Also, every hack that's new has some bugs in it, so either you missed them or you're lying. and saying your 'credit' to Zel (which you never got permission from) is on Discord isn't really credit.

Trainer 766

i don't think Shiny Gold Sigma is 'crap' at all. i really like it! Plus, i agree with the above user. contact Zel if you want to change anything with Shiny Gold. also, saying you're copying what another hacker is doing is wrong. hacksrepairman is unique because he completes (or tries to complete) hacks that have been abandoned. Also, every hack that's new has some bugs in it, so either you missed them or you're lying. and saying your 'credit' to Zel (which you never got permission from) is on Discord isn't really credit.

You're defending Shiny Gold Sigma for what it is and calling out a saint here for some technicality that isn't even remotely problematic. It does create issues if hacksrepairman and zel look at this as something frowned upon, but the former has been using spider2mw's help and the latter has been inactive for years, but you decided to skim over that and see nothing wrong with sgs, who butchered the game, trashed every part that rightfully belonged here, and locked his edited version behind a paywall, all the while you're discrediting someone who's doing the exact opposite?

Honestly, advocating sgs is already a defeat for you. Sure, you can like it all you want, but your post here already shoves your credibility into sewers.

Back