• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun & Moon news coming on May 10th

Years
  • Masuda tweeted a countdown till the announcement earlier.

Plus they did give a specific time for each region/time zone, rather then just saying "May 10th new info". It definitely seems like they're really trying to get everyone's attention for Tuesday.

Also. . . https://puu.sh/oJaQ1/35fac94694.png

That was him hyping the direct that announced X/Y. Deff seems awfully familiar to what's currently happening.

I might be being a bit too optimistic but I do think it's safe to get excited this time around. They're going to have to show us gameplay/starters/legends eventually :c

Years

Plus they did give a specific time for each region/time zone, rather then just saying "May 10th new info". It definitely seems like they're really trying to get everyone's attention for Tuesday.

That was him hyping the direct that announced X/Y. Deff seems awfully familiar to what's currently happening.

I might be being a bit too optimistic but I do think it's safe to get excited this time around. They're going to have to show us gameplay/starters/legends eventually :c

Masuda really loves to get as hyped as much as we do, so wouldn't be surprised if we got a trailer similar to what we had when XY were announced. Legendaries, starters, region info and gameplay are the mainly basic info we all want to know so it's bound they'll have to reveal them soon.

Just three days to go, everyone! How hyped are you guys right now?!

Still hyped, but watching all those Pokemon YouTubers and their theory videos is helping me get through this wait.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Personally I think this is "it". Especially with Masuda posting a countdown.

I can see where people are coming from when they say not to get too hyped but:

1. People will get over hyped anyway (so they'll be complaining anyway, and people will then be complaining about them getting their hopes up etc etc. Same old same old)

and

2. They'll eventually have to drop big news. We were let down in the past because we expected too much too soon, but at this point we've already gone well beyond the amount of time it took us to learn the starters, cover legendaries and region for X & Y.

I'm expecting cover legendaries, starters and a trailer with a few gameplay scenes. Maybe some vague information about the region itself. I'm not expecting anything more than what we got from the X & Y reveal trailer.

It's not great reasoning I'll admit, but I don't think they've ever revealed first gameplay footage for a new generation or revealed the starters/cover legendaries at E3 before, so assuming they're going to show something related to Sun and Moon at E3, they don't have much time left to get the initial reveal out of the way.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Personally I think this is "it". Especially with Masuda posting a countdown.

I can see where people are coming from when they say not to get too hyped but:

1. People will get over hyped anyway (so they'll be complaining anyway, and people will then be complaining about them getting their hopes up etc etc. Same old same old)

and

2. They'll eventually have to drop big news. We were let down in the past because we expected too much too soon, but at this point we've already gone well beyond the amount of time it took us to learn the starters, cover legendaries and region for X & Y.

I'm expecting cover legendaries, starters and a trailer with a few gameplay scenes. Maybe some vague information about the region itself. I'm not expecting anything more than what we got from the X & Y reveal trailer.

It's not great reasoning I'll admit, but I don't think they've ever revealed first gameplay footage for a new generation or revealed the starters/cover legendaries at E3 before, so assuming they're going to show something related to Sun and Moon at E3, they don't have much time left to get the initial reveal out of the way.

I think they've already confirmed that Nintendo will be focusing only on Zelda for this year's E3.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Since the May 10th reveal will be after the end of my semester, whatever news we'll be getting from it won't be distracting me from my college work. Also for those who will be expecting more regardless, be happy that we got least something new to speculate about until next month's CoroCoro leaks.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years

That countdown...

Pokémon Sun & Moon news coming on May 10th

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    A countdown doesn't mean anything, but sure we'll get box legends. Starters? I doubt it, it's not a trailer, it's just a site update.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Only Zelda?

If they hold a digital event or Nintendo direct during E3 that doesn't really count as being a part of E3 does it?
    Zelda is the main focus, but they haven't ruled out anything else. I'm sure we will see more of already announced games and one or two more titles.

It should be noted that E3 does not have the big appeal it use to. Companies such as EA and Activison are stepping out of E3 this year to. It's slowly losing it's effectiveness, with the Tokyo game show becoming bigger it seems.

Years
  • I'm expecting cover legendaries, starters and a trailer with a few gameplay scenes. Maybe some vague information about the region itself. I'm not expecting anything more than what we got from the X & Y reveal trailer.

If I remember, during Black & White's pre-release period the mascot legendaries and starters were revealed in May, so maybe we might get stuff revealed in a similar pacing to what we did for BW. That's probably why I'm speculating the 7th Gen legendaries and starters to be revealed soon, because it was around this point we had Reshiram, Zekrom and the Unova starters revealed.

I think they've already confirmed that Nintendo will be focusing only on Zelda for this year's E3.

And this is why we shall not speculate Sun & Moon for E3, because we know it'll be nothing but Zelda.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • A countdown doesn't mean anything, but sure we'll get box legends. Starters? I doubt it, it's not a trailer, it's just a site update.

I think we're safe to get excited this time; the last time Masuda had hyped up a countdown like this, it was for the XY reveal trailer and info that we got out of the Pokemon Direct it was all in.

Also, history has shown that the month of May has had a good chunk of info when it comes to main series games released in the upcoming fall.

Years
  • I think we're safe to get excited this time; the last time Masuda had hyped up a countdown like this, it was for the XY reveal trailer and info that we got out of the Pokemon Direct it was all in.

Also, history has shown that the month of May has had a good chunk of info when it comes to main series games released in the upcoming fall.

I guess maybe we don't have to dread being disappointed as much as we first thought, especially if Masuda is acting all hyped and the fact May has been the month of choice for huge information dumps, especially if it appears the games are going to be out in October as that one deleted tweet from Serebii.net seemed to have mentioned.

Years
  • I guess maybe we don't have to dread being disappointed as much as we first thought, especially if Masuda is acting all hyped and the fact May has been the month of choice for huge information dumps, especially if it appears the games are going to be out in October as that one deleted tweet from Serebii.net seemed to have mentioned.
    October? Huh, XY were advertised as "Autumn/Fall" games, so they for sure don't consider October as "winter". I think it's a mistake. Maybe the release date is on the 10th of November or December.

Actually not all May news has been major. OrAs' news was just logos and Groudon/Kyogre in the sea.

Years
  • October? Huh, XY were advertised as "Autumn/Fall" games, so they for sure don't consider October as "winter". I think it's a mistake. Maybe the release date is on the 10th of November or December.

Actually not all May news has been major. OrAs' news was just logos and Groudon/Kyogre in the sea.

Japan is a northern hemisphere country, which means it's autumn during that month. I know this since I'm in the southern hemisphere and we have the opposite season.

And as for OR/AS, May was a different case for that game in regards to info dumps because the games themselves were announced in that month so they didn't want to give much away at the time.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I'm guessing anywhere between October 1st and December 31st, but I'm thinking about quarterly releases for when it comes to videogames.

If we get the info in the form of a Direct, then we will probably get notified on Monday. Aren't we a little overdue for this month's Direct, or has it already happened?

Years
  • I don't think a Direct has happened for this month yet, and the last time we had a Direct that was even devoted to Pokemon was the one back in February that announced Sun & Moon.

Last edited:

Years
  • Japan is a northern hemisphere country, which means it's autumn during that month. I know this since I'm in the southern hemisphere and we have the opposite season.

And as for OR/AS, May was a different case for that game in regards to info dumps because the games themselves were announced in that month so they didn't want to give much away at the time.

I'm guessing anywhere between October 1st and December 31st, but I'm thinking about quarterly releases for when it comes to videogames.

If we get the info in the form of a Direct, then we will probably get notified on Monday. Aren't we a little overdue for this month's Direct, or has it already happened?
    I know that, I'm from the N.H.
    What I'm trying to say is that October is out of the question (as they said Winter release in Japan, China, etc.), or their plans for a 'winter' release even in a business calender sense were thrown out of the window.
    "winter" in a business sense, at least in America seems to begin in the last ten days of November. So anywhere from the 20th of Nov- the 31st of December is fair game.

Platinum was in the same situation as OrAs. But, regardless May usually has news, ranging from minor, game reveals, and big news. Only Mays that didn't get any new m.g related news was 2004 (Emerald wasn't announced by then, and FrLG were already out),. Not counting the off years in Japan.

Last edited:
    Years
  • What I'm trying to say is that October is out of the question (as they said Winter release in Japan, China, etc.), or their plans for a 'winter' release even in a business calender sense were thrown out of the window.
    "winter" in a business sense, at least in America seems to begin in the last ten days of November. So anywhere from the 20th of Nov- the 31st of December is fair game.

I could have seen they were initially going to release it in winter but that plan got changed. If we don't count late November, that'll leave December as the only possible month and I wouldn't want it to be December because I don't think of it being a month a main Pokemon game would come out, at least in Japan. But if I do want to go for November then maybe I could expect it releasing close to when OR/AS came out.

Also, I don't think any of the Japanese releases for a main series Pokemon title so far happened in December. It was usually in September for most of the games, but some have been released in earlier months, such as R/G/B/Y in February and B2/W2 in June.

I think my reason behind why main titles have never been released in December is because of Christmas and it would usually be a bit risky releasing it too close to the Christmas period.

Last edited:

Years
  • I could have seen they were initially going to release it in winter but that plan got changed. If we don't count late November, that'll leave December as the only possible month and I wouldn't want it to be December because I don't think of it being a month a main Pokemon game would come out, at least in Japan. But if I do want to go for November then maybe I could expect it releasing close to when OR/AS came out.

Also, I don't think any of the Japanese releases for a main series Pokemon title so far happened in December. It was usually in September for most of the games, but some have been released in earlier months, such as R/G/B/Y in February and B2/W2 in June.

I think my reason behind why main titles have never been released in December is because of Christmas and it would usually be a bit risky releasing it too close to the Christmas period.

Red and Green were originally intended for December 21, 1995. Now the third version of to their sequels did come out in December. Crystal was first released in the 14th of that month. Japan's the only region I know to have had a December M.G. Pokérelease.

Fun fact: If S/M are out on the same day as OrAs, then it'll be the third Generation released on that date. First one was II (more G/S allusions ahoy), III (hmm, the PC's were from Johto interestingly...), in Japan that is. And, it'll be the fourth pair games overall to do so.

Back