• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
This rom hack is very good. If you want proper mega evolutions or primal reversion and also want all pokemons upto 6th gen, I recommend that you should play this rom hack.

Yes, you're right because 721 monsters in a hack (like this) is still good. The sprites and icons for Gen 7 are still not complete.

The LC, please release a fix update of current Theta Emerald EX 721, even though you have a new plan to make another and newer version of your Pokemon Theta Emerald EX.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 7, 2017
Hello the LC, I just want to report a bug this is regarding the breeding system of the game.. I tried pairing a female azumarill to pokemons with the move "aqua jet" cus u know how powerful this lil bunny can be, so I tried pairing her with these male pokes: Dewgong, Golduck and Floatzel.. and unfortunately none of which was able to passed down the move to the offspring which supposed to be.. I've searched and found a thread from nameless fire red project, that the game had also the same problem the author told them to try change the location of the move to either 2nd, 3rd or 4th row and luckily players who tested it says it worked.. so I thought of trying the same thing here but no, it didn't worked...

Last edited:

Trainer 766

The LC, please release a fix update of current Theta Emerald EX 721, even though you have a new plan to make another and newer version of your Pokemon Theta Emerald EX.

So basically, you're asking him to pause his plan for a completely new version of this hack just to upload an update fix that we are going to get in the new version anyway?

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
So basically, you're asking him to pause his plan for a completely new version of this hack just to upload an update fix that we are going to get in the new version anyway?

I mean, little fix update (Current)!!!. Not to pause the making of newer version of Theta Emerald Ex!!! :/

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 7, 2017
I NEED HELP PLS!! Uhmm I really can't figure out how does the breeding system here works.. I found out every transferable move I tried passing down through breeding didn't worked. I saw litwick can learn heat wave around lvl 50 which is a move it can't learn by leveling up unless breeding with a male magcargo having the move.. but then when breeding with male yamask/confagrigus having the move power split, it don't passed down to the baby litwick.. so probably im just missing something? could it be since the max level cap is 250, every pokemon will eventually learn every move even the breeding moves? Or what? Pls tell me how this thing works..

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I NEED HELP PLS!! Uhmm I really can't figure out how does the breeding system here works.. I found out every transferable move I tried passing down through breeding didn't worked. I saw litwick can learn heat wave around lvl 50 which is a move it can't learn by leveling up unless breeding with a male magcargo having the move.. so probably im just missing something? could it be since the max level cap is 250, every pokemon will eventually learn every move even the breeding moves? Or what? Pls tell me how this thing works..

Idk if breeding moves for a gen 5 poke were implemented. It has nothing to do with the level cap though. Maybe add that to LC's list of things to be added or fixed in the next version.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 7, 2017
Idk if breeding moves for a gen 5 poke were implemented. It has nothing to do with the level cap though. Maybe add that to LC's list of things to be added or fixed in the next version.
I see, thanks btw.. probably gen 4 to 6 pokes weren't implemented yet to have their proper egg/breeding moves. Oh well :) I'll just wait for his next version.. it will be so cool with this and more added features. An azumarill with aqua jet and a chandelure with power split were the things im currently looking for competitive battling.. can't wait for the nxt update then!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 31, 2017
Just wondering, since this hack has gen VII pokemon, does(/will) it also have gen VII moves and abilities (in a future update/release)?

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 22, 2022
If someone has Emerald 802 hacked Chinese version rom, please do not share that rom to any of people after saw this response. Although someone has released his Emerald 802 hacked, he steals LC's 721 EX data without the permission from LC, and the author did not credit LC after he copy and paste data from 721 EX, so Emerald 802 hack Chinese Version has been prohibited in pokemon hack community, that please wait for and respect to LC's 802 hack. Also, this information I need to let LC know.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 9, 2023
Are you absolutely sure you had the Quick Claw at the start of the Chansey battle? I just tried to do what it seems like you are suggesting happened (target's item destroyed and replaced with user's item by Bestow), and it doesn't happen. Bestow only works if the user is holding an item AND the target has none, and always fails if either condition is false.

Sorry for very late reply.
I'm 200% sure. I had to look for wild pokemon to get Quick Claw.
I will keep saying this, yes. My Pokemon LITERALLY LOST the Hold Item From Chansey using Bestow.

Unless it's have to do with the emulator I'm using.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Sorry for very late reply.
I'm 200% sure. I had to look for wild pokemon to get Quick Claw.
I will keep saying this, yes. My Pokemon LITERALLY LOST the Hold Item From Chansey using Bestow.

Unless it's have to do with the emulator I'm using.

I can assure that the same thing happened with my venusaur.

I just tried battling wild Chansey with a Petilil that was holding a Quick Claw to test your scenario as closely as possible (I don't have Lilligant yet, but that shouldn't make a difference.) In every instance, the Chansey failed when using Bestow. I even checked that at least one of the wild Chansey I fought was holding a Lucky Punch. I have a VBA-M save state with a wild Chansey that is holding a Lucky Punch against a Petilil holding a Quick Claw, and the Chansey will use Bestow next (and fail, unless I switch to a Pokemon not holding an item).

I honestly don't know how what you said possibly could have happened, unless your emulator/ROM is bugged. What emulator are you using? Also, did you try to use the patches, or did you download the ROM from the video? If you tried to patch, just use the ROM from the video, as the patches don't work right, and could be why you are getting bugs.

Just wondering, since this hack has gen VII pokemon, does(/will) it also have gen VII moves and abilities (in a future update/release)?

This hack does not currently have Gen VII Pokemon. I would guess that if Gen VII Pokemon were added, Gen VII moves would probably be added as well, but that is only a guess.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 7, 2017
Another REPORT here, the move "waterfall" do not have its secondary effect of 20% chance to flinch. It should be put in good use with the ability "sheer force" to increase stab boost from 1.5x to 2x so it's better to have in the game :)

Last edited:

megaman d

novice scripter
Years
I honestly don't know how what you said possibly could have happened, unless your emulator/ROM is bugged. What emulator are you using? Also, did you try to use the patches, or did you download the ROM from the video? .

I don't really understand how an emulator could be bugged but I use normal visual boy advance. And as for the bug, My venusaur lost it's megastone in a battle and it never returned. Really pissed me off but I don't really care about it that much. Hopefully it would be fixed .

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 26, 2018
Hi,
I got a problem with mega evolution with Swampert.
I give him Swampertite and nothing happens.
What am I doing wrong?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I don't really understand how an emulator could be bugged but I use normal visual boy advance. And as for the bug, My venusaur lost it's megastone in a battle and it never returned. Really pissed me off but I don't really care about it that much. Hopefully it would be fixed.

First off, let me say that held items CAN be stolen/lost in both wild Pokemon battles and in trainer battles in this game. The moves Thief, Covet, and Switcheroo, as well as the abilities Magician and Pickpocket, are all ways this can happen. It is not a bug, but merely how things were in Gen III. If a wild/trainer's Pokemon takes your Pokemon's item and you aren't able to take back the item from the opponent during that battle, you won't get that item back at all. (You can also take items from wild/trainer's Pokemon using the aforementioned moves/abilities, and your Pokemon will have the item at the end of the battle.) It's quite possible that the Mega Stones are susceptible to this (LC would be the best person to ask, but from what megaman d says it sounds like they are), so it is important to keep an eye on your Pokemon's item so you don't lose anything irreplaceable.

My argument has been that I can not find any way that an opposing Pokemon using Bestow could cause item loss in this game, not that it should.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 24, 2017
I have an identical problem with a guy on the second page of this forum. I have reached the 7th gym and when I'm battling them and Gardevoir comes out the game freezes. My fps are on 60 and the battle music is still playing. I just can't lift a finger there. I have both changed the save type to flash 128 and changed the video render to opengl. Please help me I have run out of options here and I really want to see the continuum of this game after elite 4. :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 7, 2017
Where can I find a "Huge Power" Bunnelby? I can only caught Cheek Pouch/Pickup-ability-bunnelby and I think I figured out the game has only 2 available abilities per pokemon if it has 3. So where can I possibly get the pokemon with its 3rd ability?? Like that of bunnelby's huge power.. Anyone who knows?

Back