• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald

I want to create a Super Training Area where you can battle "Pokémon" for EVs. Should I

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2015
    You could add a room at Battle Frontier as a Training Dojo like the glazed one. You go to the dojo then select the EV you wanna raise, you start facing trainers with Pokémon to give you the proper EVS, in glazed you face 10x trainers with 1 Flareon for atk, 10x trainers with 1 vaporeon for HP and etc. You could make trainers (in glazed you face 10 trainers in a row) with full teams instead of a single Pokémon, and the ones who give 3 EVs (glazed dojo gives 2 EVs per battle and each trainer have a single Pokémon) to allow us to raise them quickly, also make the berries to decrease EVS at Battle Frontier market please, you could use the 26 free slots to add some 6th gen pokes since gen 6 has just a few decent pokémons lol., just set trainers with 6x lv 30 Pokémons and we can OHKO all of them (I guess).
    If you take my idea you could use: Exploud for HP, Machamp for atk, Aggron for defense, Alakazam for sp.atk, Belossom for sp.def, Raichu for speed, I picked the most "fragile" ones.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Idk if it's a bug or not, but I was facing a Driftblim and it used the move Ominous Wind, then the game froze. I can't remember whose Dritfblim it was cause I didn't quicksave or normal save before the battle and had to start from right after I beat Mossdeep Gym. So may have been one of the E4 or any Victory Road trainer D: I'll play back up to that point and see what happens.

Edit: I think it was Phoebe of the E4

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    Sem_T_tulo.png

The game froze after this battle.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2016
    Whenever encountering a wild Pansear, there is empty dialogue before \encountered wildpansear' message, this does not occur with the other two monkeys [Pansage and Panpour]. Not a gamebreaking bug, but a weird one I've encountered thus far.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I would really like to play this game however I get invalid checksum when trying to use the rom. I've tried finding multiple clean emerald roms and to no avail (since coolrom is down). Could someone PM me the direct .GBA game that is already patched? Or a clean emerald rom because most don't work. And NUPS doesn't even open for me so I have to use tsukuyomi.

Use "Apply Patch to A New File" option and then there will be "bypass the checksum validation" checkbox.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2017
    Sorry for bothering, but specifically what rom did you guys use? I tried 3 different ones already, but none of them seem to work... Also, I know that sharing those is illegal, but...
    EDIT: Ignoring the incompatibility between the rom and the patch seemed to be the solution. No bugs so far :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2022
    I REALLY REALLY REALLY love this game! The only thing it lacks for me though is that the difficulty isn't changed. Currently I'm playing the Expert Emerald and I really like how the difficulty in that game is boosted. I wish you would do the same for this game!

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    How is the difficulty on this? I prefer it when hacks aren't ridiculously hard, but I'll give it try.

The difficulty isn't changed at all it seems. However many trainers and gym leaders use different pokemon so it may pose a little challenge. That said, I still got all the way to the E4 on my first day playing lol

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    For some reason no emerald ROM I pick up will be patched, doesn't matter where I get it from. I tried patching every emerald ROM from every site I go to but when the UPS patcher tries to apply the patch it says it doesn't recognize the ROM, which makes no sense as the sites I go to tend to do their best to get clean ROMs. I dunno what to do at this point.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2016
    The firsherman outside of Petalburg City originally battles the player with a Magikarp, and thus upon his defeat quotes something about it not living up to it's 'magical quality'. This pokemon had been replaced with a Tympole, and thus the text makes no sense and thus should be replaced in order to accomodate the new pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2016
    I would recommend changing Sewaddle and Venipede to Petalburg Forest [Also maybe the 3 elemental monkeys], and Sandile to the desert area; just makes more sense to me.

Edit; Petilil is having the same weird pause bug as Pansear.

The guy who gives you the TM Bullet Seed mentions that TMs are one-time use only.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    ...that's how their movesets are set up. That's not even a joke. In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, the 3rd gen starters learn their starting elemental moves before or at level 5.
    ?
    A quick look on Bulbapedia shows that while they can learn those moves in that initial battle your rival's Pokemon only knows one move and it isn't it's elemental one.
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hoenn_Route_103

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
    Years
  • Excellent hack, LC! I've been doing a Nuzlocke of this hack and I'm already three badges in!

BUG CONFIRMED: Ominous Wind crashes the game when an enemy uses it, and this is on VBA-rr-svn421. It happened while I was fighting a wild Drifloon, for example.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • 5/24/2015 UPDATE: The patch has been updated for minor bug fixes, including:

-Got rid of a Trainer in Lavaridge City's Gym that had Pokémon in their 40s (Thank you to Aussie Riolu for pointing that out)
    -Drain Kiss has been fixed to have correct Power, PP, and is now a Special move (Thank you to unIQuE-_-SK for pointing that out)
    -The guy who gives you TM09 now says that TMs have infinite use (Thank you to noactualname for pointing that out)
    -Added "Training Cave," which is just an edited Altering Cave filled with Pokémon that each boost a certain stat. (Blissey for HP, Haxorus for Attack, Golem for Defense, Magnezone for Sp. Attack, Dustox for Sp. Defense, and Crobat for Speed).

For the level of the Pokémon in Training Cave, I set them for 50, does any think that that is too high, or is that good?

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2015
    set they at level 30 x.x We can't OHKO them at level 50 specially if i'm trying to train a special attacker HP base against a Blissey >_>

Suggestion: put the berries that decrease the EVs at a mart please, you be easier to erase unnecessary EVs and use them at the right stat.

bug or not: THE GUY AT MAUVILLE CITY THAT SELL STONES DO NOT SELL SHINY STONES.

When are you updating the BF brains teams ? And are you willing to set DS style graphics and soundtracks ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back