• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald

I want to create a Super Training Area where you can battle "Pokémon" for EVs. Should I

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2016
    Is the exp all variant of the exp share available in the hack already? If not, any chance you could provide a copy of it in some way? Thanks for your work!

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    hey LC i found this romhack called Pokemon Theta Emerald 721 EX, i found this in Pokemoner's website, just wondering, is this officially made by you?

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    This hack is awesome!!! I just wish it was a bit more difficult though

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    I've never heard of it. What's grit?

Link: https://www.coranac.com/projects/grit/
    Manual: https://www.coranac.com/man/grit/html/grit.htm

What you want to do is make a 256 width by 512 height image like this one:
    https://github.com/Touched/community-hack/blob/master/images/battle_terrains/grass/grass_bg.png

then in the command line:
    grit path/to/bg.png -ftb -m -mR4 -mzl -mu8 -mp2 -p -pzl -pe32 -g -gB4 -gzl -gu8 -ah512 -aw256

-pe32 means 32 colors, yours should also be 32 colors, or 16 or something. Any more and it will leak into the BG entry image palette, and that's not good. Most tutorials don't really mention that, but yeah I'll tell you now :)

You should get 3 .bin files for the tilemap, tileset and palette. Overwrite the existing data with the contents of those .bin files using a hex editor. Cheers.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
    Link: https://www.coranac.com/projects/grit/
    Manual: https://www.coranac.com/man/grit/html/grit.htm

What you want to do is make a 256 width by 512 height image like this one:
    https://github.com/Touched/community-hack/blob/master/images/battle_terrains/grass/grass_bg.png

then in the command line:
    grit path/to/bg.png -ftb -m -mR4 -mzl -mu8 -mp2 -p -pzl -pe32 -g -gB4 -gzl -gu8 -ah512 -aw256

-pe32 means 32 colors, yours should also be 32 colors, or 16 or something. Any more and it will leak into the BG entry image palette, and that's not good. Most tutorials don't really mention that, but yeah I'll tell you now :)

You should get 3 .bin files for the tilemap, tileset and palette. Overwrite the existing data with the contents of those .bin files using a hex editor. Cheers.
    Wow, that's really cool, and it works...but what about the entry image? Using this method works, but this made the entry image grass look like fire haha

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    Wow, that's really cool, and it works...but what about the entry image? Using this method works, but this made the entry image grass look like fire haha

Steal the grass entry image from here: https://github.com/Touched/community-hack/tree/master/images/battle_terrains/grass

Save it in the same folder as your grass BG image.

Then in the command prompt, do this:

grit path/to/bg.png path/to/entry.png -ftb -m -mR4 -mzl -mu8 -mp2 -p -pS -pzl -pe48 -g -gB4 -gzl -gu8 -ah512 -aw256

What should happen is that you should get an additional two .bin files for both the Tileset for the entry image and a Tilemap for the entry image. Naturally, you replace the entry image tileset and tilemap as you did with the BG. The special thing is now the outputted palette file now contains the palette data for both the entry image and bg. Note that since we've included the entry image, -pe32 turned in -pe48.

I suggest you use grit for everything having to do with graphics insertion, including for OAMs and other BGs in your game. You'll find it to be much less of a headache once you read the manual.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    Does this hack have updated/secondary/dream world abilities? i.e. multiscale on dragonite, moxie on salamence, poison heal on gliscor (aerialite on m-salamence). Can you list them?

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    Secondly, will we be able to use giratina and newer legendaries (palkia, diagla, etc) in the battle frontier? What about megas? Always wanted to use them there, would be neat if you implemented this aspect into the game. Give the trainers and battle frontier brains them as well. Maybe limit the amount to one legendary per team of three?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2018
    LCCoolJ95

Why is Super Tetha not on this site?

Does this ROM have a similair bug to Super Tetha where your Litten EVO's at level 17 and then after the EVO he is level 14?

If soo what is the Rare Candy code for Tetha ROM's?

And why the "pink" pokemon colors? Pinkan Island?

I really love Tetha.

Last edited:

Trainer 766

Does this ROM have a similair bug to Super Tetha where your Litten EVO's at level 17 and then after the EVO he is level 14?

What...are...you...talking..about?hackstar said that is entirely another different ROM,no Gen 7 mons will be implemented.If you're talking about the bug where the level decreases after evolution,nobody has reported that bug IIRC.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2018
    What...are...you...talking..about?hackstar said that is entirely another different ROM,no Gen 7 mons will be implemented.If you're talking about the bug where the level decreases after evolution,nobody has reported that bug IIRC.

Ahh i see, thanks. I want a Gen 7 ROM. I tought this one was the same. But without Mega EVO's.

I found a Rare Candy hack.

Soo it's no problem.

Last edited:
    Years
    Ahh i see, thanks. I want a Gen 6 ROM. I tought this one was the same. But without Mega EVO's.

I found a Rare Candy hack.

Soo it's no problem.
    Always try to play from Pokecommunity's released hacks, most of the other site's hacks has got amaturish bugs and few other old problem.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2018
    Always try to play from Pokecommunity's released hacks, most of the other site's hacks has got amaturish bugs and few other old problem.

I know, the best roms i can find:

Super Tetha Emerald, status: Complete (some bugs) Gen 7
    Pokemon Sun Ruby / Moon Emerald, status: (Beta) Gen 7
    Pokemon Greninja Z, status: Complete (No bugs?) Gen 6

I am looking for a Gen 7 Rom that has no to little bugs. [GBA][NDS][English]

Haven't found a good Gen 7 Rom here yet. And what about some good Gen 6?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back