• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen today
    So....
    I'm in the postgame, and something I could say
    Well, this is one of the best Hack Rom ever, without doubt, and there is still a part of Postgame to do!!!
    I really enjoyed the peculiarity of the project, really interesting, which makes better the approach to the game

With the missions well, I could make night (ironically, when I'm writing this comment, where I live it's actually ten to 1AM), a Great Idea the I'm sure in the future more hacks will implement!
    Although some mission I did not enjoy, especially one

Spoiler:

I don't know if there will be the end of the Postgame, but this is already Awesome! Good job!

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2021
    A few of the late game missions are either bullshit or grindy af tbh. A bit lazy, but a great mod over all.

You can easily save state through the Safari zone one at least.

Years
    • Seen today
    Anyone knows if the two missions that can't be completed yet (Powerhouse of the Cell & Basic Literacy) will be able to be completed once the remaining post-game update comes out? I mean without having to start over the game from beginning.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Anyone knows if the two missions that can't be completed yet (Powerhouse of the Cell & Basic Literacy) will be able to be completed once the remaining post-game update comes out? I mean without having to start over the game from the beginning.
    They'll be completed, and you won't need to start over! I do plan on adding more Trainer Tips signs, though, so if you've seen all of them so far, at most you'll just need to read the last few of them again.

Although some mission I did not enjoy, especially the Safari One, It's completely RNG Based, and everybody here HATES the abuse of RNG, but this is only my opinion
    A few of the late-game missions are either bull**** or grindy af tbh. A bit lazy, but a great mod overall. You can easily save state through the Safari zone one at least.

I know some of the Missions can get a bit grindy, so I want to share some updates here that I posted in the Discord server over the last month or so:

1. I know this was one of the most hated Missions due to the tediousness it required, so I've gone ahead and changed it up. You can now power up the ADM with Light Clay to break through the walls! Light Clay is pretty easy to find when mining, but if you really don't want to mine, there's always stealing from wild Pokemon!
    Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

2. Instead of requiring 100 HOF generic entries, Hero of the Hall will now request HOF entries for each monotype team (starting in the next version, so don't start this now since it won't count).

3. The Safari Zone mini-game has undergone a massive overhaul! It's now far less luck-based and a whole lot more skilled-based. It should make completing The Most Dangerous Game a much less tedious endeavour, too!

There also will be a few new Missions for completeness sake! One of them is a new Mission revolving around the tablets that was always planned for the post-game, but I decided to include it at the beginning of the game instead. It also comes with a QOL enhancement for destroying the tablets! If you've already completed the Mission, well, then, free rewards lol

Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks for reply. Just one more question. Are you going to reveal to us the exact number of all missions available in the next update? I know you said there are over 75 available so I believe it should be finalised after next release. I personally prefer to discover them all by myself but a definitive number sure helps (in case I missed some along the journey).

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2021
    Well that looks absolutely fantastic, thanks for the response!

The only other change I would request; get rid of the chance to not catch after a Dynamax raid fight!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Aug 11, 2021
    hey, i'm fionn and i absolutely adore everything about this rom hack! one thing that i'd love to see included though, is an 'other' option when it comes to gender, or maybe even just a pronoun selecter so you can change what your character is referred to as! :) keep up the great work

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2022
    Hey, great work on the rom it's amazing! Is it at all possible to add a feature to just randomize wild encounters? I did not notice that as an option once you beat the game I think it would be a cool addition to keep the game more exciting when replaying it.

N

Play Online Multiplayer GBA Emulator: Multigba S
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Ahaha, this is exactly what happened to me. Luckly i played GS Chronicles and DarkViolet before, and now im waiting for Saffron (and next Unbound version of course)

Whoa...that's just same like me...I'm also played GS C and DarkViolet. I've completed DarkViolet but not GS C...cz I played GS C together with Unbound and as I said before playing Unbound with other hack that is isn't as competitive as Unbound will make u bored with the other hacks

N

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Whoa its Skeli replying some comments! :0. Its been a while since I see u commented in this site...u even give us Unbound currently developing features! Thx anyway...I also hoping you're check our suggest and bug reports cz we also want Unbound getting better and then be the best :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2021
    HI, i love this game and i have been playing it since saw its gameplay
    on Youtube ,but i have already completed the game and beaten all the elite four members and the defended my title as Champion in all difficulty modes
    but nowadays i am seeing that my party Pokemon is infected by pokerus and mystery portals are coming again .
    developer Skeli can u PLZZ CARIFY IT FOR ME .IT WILL MUCH APPRECIATED from me if u could do that . plzz reply

TIny_Hacker

the calculator
    Years
  • Suggestion: So I play Pokemon Unbound on my TI-Nspire CX II-T CAS (yes I know it's a calculator), and it would be really nice to have a lower-definition/fast graphics mode. Just my opinion. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    Is there a working cheat code for 100% catch rate? The firered code doesn't work. I don't like any challenge in catching. and old save-load style doesn't work due to new RNG. Thanks

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Is there a working cheat code for 100% catch rate? The firered code doesn't work. I don't like any challenge in catching. and old save-load style doesn't work due to new RNG. Thanks

I don't have one, but having cheated myself (to save time, but still) maybe you could just get yourself infinite balls? Also get specialized balls from Seaport City market or some PokéMarts, they increase the chances significantly.
    (e.g. Quick Balls on turn one have a 4x modifier, I think)
    It's also possible to cheat the RNG by wasting turns after savestates. Just throw a ball, reload, use a non-damaging move, throw a ball, ...

A dedicated catching Pokémon with False Swipe makes it easier as well. (There even is a fun Smeargle build, using False Swipe, Soak, Entrainment and Spore).

Years
    • Seen today

No idea about that particular code, but if you want 100% catch rate wouldn't the cheat to allow yourself buying Master Balls from the Mart do the trick?

Years
  • Is there a working cheat code for 100% catch rate? The firered code doesn't work. I don't like any challenge in catching. and old save-load style doesn't work due to new RNG. Thanks
    Cheat codes don't work with all hacks because of all the tweaks made to the Rom itself and there is probably no cheats that work with this hack as far as I am aware.

N

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Was it just me or do the lowest part of the comment in this site is always buggy/lagging from almost 1 month ago?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Hi. Is there a fix for RTC? I am playing on VBA. But could use other emulators if needed.

EDIT: No$Gba works fine :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Also is there a way i can get this on my DS lite, using DSTT for Nds/Ndsl?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Back