• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
  • Samething happened to me too. It's a curse symbol when I mega evolve.
    It's just the way the original code is written. I need to modify it.

I'm playing now.. i've found a glitch/crash in the first Pok?mon Center. When I going to 2nd floor.. Must to be reset the game to continue..
    What happens when you go to the second floor? Does it crash when you go up the escalator, or after you talk to someone?

I found some more bugs while playing to get the mega evolution screenshot
    1. Movement permissions are wrongly set at the frozen peak
    2. Pokedex entries of snivy, tepig, oshawott and its evolutionary lines is messed up
    For Oshawott it is in some other language. For tepig it is in other language and not in the screen too and for snivy it is completely messed. Even bunnelby's pokedex entry is in other language
    Thanks! I fixed the bugs.

Last edited:

Guitarplayer003

Guitarplayer003
    Years
  • I tried to restart the game, because I felt I picked the wrong starter, but whenever I start a new game, the cutscene where Hoopa appears and teleports the character to the Shadow's base never happens. I can walk around the town and when I walk into grass, a wild Pokemon will appear, but only a question mark will appear as my Pokemon at level 0 with 0 health. I understand I could delete the rom and re-download it, but I don't have my computer right now and that's the only way I can get it on GBA4IOS.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2019
    I tried to restart the game, because I felt I picked the wrong starter, but whenever I start a new game, the cutscene where Hoopa appears and teleports the character to the Shadow's base never happens. I can walk around the town and when I walk into grass, a wild Pokemon will appear, but only a question mark will appear as my Pokemon at level 0 with 0 health. I understand I could delete the rom and re-download it, but I don't have my computer right now and that's the only way I can get it on GBA4IOS.
    That happens cause even though you start a new game,the sav file of the previous play through still exists.What you have to do is go to the folder in which you have the rom of Pokemon Unbound and delete the previous sav file.Honestly though,I haven't used GBA4IOS or played a rom in a mobile phone before so I hope the deal will be the same despite the difference in emulators and devices.Good luck with it and have fun with the game.Hope this helped.

rom_downloader

Send me beta invites.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    For some reason this doesn't work on MyBoy. NO$GBA also gave a header error before playing it correctly. I am on the recommended FireRed base though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2018
    I found two more bugs in the game.
    1. The sprite of Zygarde 10% is glitched when seeing it in the pokemon party and even when kept in PC
    2. When Mega Absol of the second gym leader uses Knock Off at my Gabite then the game stops running. (I do not know about the case with other starters and their evolutions)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170610-214715.png
      Screenshot_20170610-214715.png
      126.6 KB · Views: 22

Delta231

A noob
    Years
  • I found two more bugs in the game.
    1. The sprite of Zygarde 10% is glitched when seeing it in the pokemon party and even when kept in PC
    2. When Mega Absol of the second gym leader uses Knock Off at my Gabite then the game stops running. (I do not know about the case with other starters and their evolutions)

Please patch the latest version. Both of the bugs are fixed

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Amazing hack neva stops impressing, don't undstand how it as not won hack of month as there is no other playable hack released in 2017 as good or even close.
    Love the new update great work guys

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2018
    You might need to update how far you can progress, it still says only to two gym badges. Great ROM hack btw, thank you for all of your hard work!

Years
  • Hey dude if you ever need more Beta Testers I'm always avaible to msg me on here I would like to do a Lp n dis once it has "completed" so hey why not give it a try right??

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2017
    Yo, I finished the demo yesterday and I have to say it is great. But do not you think it's a bit too easy? it's my first pokemon game/hack where i have Gabite on 30 lvl before first gym. I beat 2 gyms only with my Gabite who by the way have 42 lvl. And we get 3 unova starters. I noticed few visual bugs, and when I first time left the volcano, the cave in the west was not blocked. When I walked down the ladder the map was glitched and I had to load the game because I could not move. Now there is a team member. I very like side quest they are very well done and I hope there will be more of them. How much for this moment can you collect the cells of the Zygarde? And I'm sorry for my english, I'm not native.
    EDIT: And this :) i can't get out

Attachments

• bug1.png
      bug1.png
      43.6 KB · Views: 18
    • bug2.png
      bug2.png
      40.3 KB · Views: 17
    • bug3.png
      bug3.png
      53.7 KB · Views: 16
    Last edited:

Delta231

A noob
    Years
  • Yo, I finished the demo yesterday and I have to say it is great. But do not you think it's a bit too easy? it's my first pokemon game/hack where i have Gabite on 30 lvl before first gym. I beat 2 gyms only with my Gabite who by the way have 42 lvl. And we get 3 unova starters. I noticed few visual bugs, and when I first time left the volcano, the cave in the west was not blocked. When I walked down the ladder the map was glitched and I had to load the game because I could not move. Now there is a team member. I very like side quest they are very well done and I hope there will be more of them. How much for this moment can you collect the cells of the Zygarde? And I'm sorry for my english, I'm not native.
    EDIT: And this :) i can't get out

Thank you for spotting those bugs

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2020
    What is the latest version of this hack since I can't mega evolve my pokemon

P.S Using version alpha 1.2.3

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2020
    Recently noticed the Test Shadow grunt and the Groudon that are on the top right side of the ice on Frozen Heights and also obtained Mewtwo.
    Is the Groudon going to play a huge role in the story?

golche

Tactician of Askr
    Years
  • Recently noticed the Test Shadow grunt and the Groudon that are on the top right side of the ice on Frozen Heights and also obtained Mewtwo.
    Is the Groudon going to play a huge role in the story?

That would be Skeli uploading the wrong version. That's not supposed to be there. We will get that fixed.

EDIT: Misinterpreted your question. Those are there for testing purposes and will not be available until the end of the game. Unless you edited the maps yourself they should not be obtainable.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2017
    Just picked up the game today, love it so far. I'm having the same problem with the Pokemon Center though. When I enter the 2nd floor, the entire screen goes black. A tutorial person can still speak, but after it gives control back to me, I still cannot see, and based off sound effects for when you run into a wall, I cannot move at all either. I don't see why this room would be necessary though, I think it'd be easier to just scrap it entirely, unless you plan on using wifi for this game somehow. (Idk if thats an actual thing in ROM hacks so forgive me if it is).

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • I found two more bugs in the game.
    Do you remember what your Gabite was holding?

Amazing hack neva stops impressing, don't undstand how it as not won hack of month as there is no other playable hack released in 2017 as good or even close.
    Love the new update great work guys
    Thanks!

You might need to update how far you can progress, it still says only to two gym badges. Great ROM hack btw, thank you for all of your hard work!
    There are only two gym badges...

Yo, I finished the demo yesterday and I have to say it is great. But do not you think it's a bit too easy? it's my first pokemon game/hack where i have Gabite on 30 lvl before first gym. I beat 2 gyms only with my Gabite who by the way have 42 lvl. And we get 3 unova starters.
    There were complaints about the game being too hard.

Just picked up the game today, love it so far. I'm having the same problem with the Pokemon Center though. When I enter the 2nd floor, the entire screen goes black. A tutorial person can still speak, but after it gives control back to me, I still cannot see, and based off sound effects for when you run into a wall, I cannot move at all either. I don't see why this room would be necessary though, I think it'd be easier to just scrap it entirely, unless you plan on using wifi for this game somehow. (Idk if thats an actual thing in ROM hacks so forgive me if it is).
    This will be fixed in the next update. There was no second floor when the game first came out, but people were complaining they wanted the link function for some reason.

Back