• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    Dude i am so ready for when this comes out this hack is what got me into rom hacks in the first place.I literally just prowl around this thread everyday waiting for skeli to post something. XD

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • just checked it out it looks very good. i will download the current update. (probably will not play it for a while as im playing all the rom hacks in alphabetical order) (in case you dont know or your young, A-Z) but other than that this game looks darn cool (like i said before) the upgraded graphics are really cool and i like the male and female sprites. and what that guy said (about updating the rom hack once a month) my opinion on that is do what u feel is best. people should not tell u what to do on a rom hack (Hacks are free you know) so to the fans who want it out now or updated every month, JUST GIVE HIM TIME!!!! like seriously people should be happy they get to play a game for free. (its not like a stupid EA game that`s overpriced) so be happy cause if we did not have these creations of pure genius life would be a lot more boring. well like i said i will install the current update and thanks for creating a beautiful Rom hack.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2023
    I found a bug. If you use Zygarde 10% the game will automatically restart

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Oh man the whole house is so pumped to play this. If you need more beta testers i would more than happy to help, as a lot of people already are. :)
    Thank you for your support! I don't need any beta testers right now, but I'll write your name down for when the time comes to beta test.

hey man, can;t wait for this game. when do you think it'll release? bfore 2019 :)
    I hope. Of maybe in 2019. Who knows?

Hey, I'm kinda new to the online community, but I played through the beta and loved it. I just wanted to say to keep up the good work, since this is the first rom-hack I've seen that incorporated the fourth-gen graphics, and managed to do it well. Can't wait for the finished game!
    Thank you! Some of the graphics (such as the grass) went through a much needed improvement and look even better now!

I keep stalking this thread and I am so excited!

This hack triggers memories of awesome hacks like Light Platinum, Flora Sky, Glazed, Victory Fire, Resolute, Mega Power!
    Thanks for your support!

Dude i am so ready for when this comes out this hack is what got me into rom hacks in the first place.I literally just prowl around this thread everyday waiting for skeli to post something. XD
    Thanks for your support!

just checked it out it looks very good. i will download the current update. (probably will not play it for a while as im playing all the rom hacks in alphabetical order) (in case you dont know or your young, A-Z) but other than that this game looks darn cool (like i said before) the upgraded graphics are really cool and i like the male and female sprites. and what that guy said (about updating the rom hack once a month) my opinion on that is do what u feel is best. people should not tell u what to do on a rom hack (Hacks are free you know) so to the fans who want it out now or updated every month, JUST GIVE HIM TIME!!!! like seriously people should be happy they get to play a game for free. (its not like a stupid EA game that`s overpriced) so be happy cause if we did not have these creations of pure genius life would be a lot more boring. well like i said i will install the current update and thanks for creating a beautiful Rom hack.
    Thanks for your support!

Just a question, how do you guys implement 4th gen graphics in a rom hack? Pardon me if the question is stupid, because I ahve no experience in rom hacking or gaem designing
    I have several tilesets I downloaded or ripped from 4th gen games. If you ever decide to get into rom hacking, there are plenty of tutorials around PokeCommunity that could show you how to do this.

I found a bug. If you use Zygarde 10% the game will automatically restart
    This has been fixed in my latest version, but thank you for reporting a bug!

Update
    I'm sorry I haven't posted much in regards to updates over the past couple of months; things have just been really busy for me. However, I always work on Unbound when I have a chance, and I hope it'll exceed all expectations when it's finally complete! I've already added in several new features in such as character customization and a revamped HM system. I'll post screenshots at a later date. Thank you again to everyone who's been supporting Unbound!

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    Thank you for your support! I don't need any beta testers right now, but I'll write your name down for when the time comes to beta test.

I hope. Of maybe in 2019. Who knows?

Thank you! Some of the graphics (such as the grass) went through a much needed improvement and look even better now!

Thanks for your support!

Thanks for your support!

Thanks for your support!

I have several tilesets I downloaded or ripped from 4th gen games. If you ever decide to get into rom hacking, there are plenty of tutorials around PokeCommunity that could show you how to do this.

This has been fixed in my latest version, but thank you for reporting a bug!

Update
    I'm sorry I haven't posted much in regards to updates over the past couple of months; things have just been really busy for me. However, I always work on Unbound when I have a chance, and I hope it'll exceed all expectations when it's finally complete! I've already added in several new features in such as character customization and a revamped HM system. I'll post screenshots at a later date. Thank you again to everyone who's been supporting Unbound!

ooooooo character customization that sounds fun and im hoping revamped HM system means we dont need to teach pokemon HM's

Years
  • Hey, I actually remember playing the beta some time ago and finally came across this hack again!

Will the finished version include new moves? If yes, how many? I'd especially love to see some early-game physical fairy moves for pokemon like the granbull and azumarill line.

And how long will the game be?

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • ooooooo character customization that sounds fun and im hoping revamped HM system means we dont need to teach pokemon HM's
    Pokemon still need to learn HMs, but once they've learned them, they can keep using the move in the field even if they forget the move. Thus, HMs will be deletable.

Hey, I actually remember playing the beta some time ago and finally came across this hack again!

Will the finished version include new moves? If yes, how many? I'd especially love to see some early-game physical fairy moves for pokemon like the granbull and azumarill line.

And how long will the game be?
    Almost all of the new moves have been added to Unbound. Of all the official moves, only 5 have been left out as they were either unnecessary or I didn't want to implement them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2018
    definitly gonna play it when it comes out, looks fantastic

what i find most important in a hack is actually the difficult level, it needs to be almost impossible to beat, but only almost!

doesn't need to be hard all the time (not what u guys think), just have something for players like me who like it real difficult, because u could have the best story and what not but the game sucks cuz its too easy

Years
  • definitly gonna play it when it comes out, looks fantastic

what i find most important in a hack is actually the difficult level, it needs to be almost impossible to beat, but only almost!

doesn't need to be hard all the time (not what u guys think), just have something for players like me who like it real difficult, because u could have the best story and what not but the game sucks cuz its too easy

I feel exactly the opposite. Games like Victory Fire are great, but almost impossible to progress at points, especially for not-so-good players. I think a game would be at the best difficulty if it is just a bit harder than a mainline game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2018
    I feel exactly the opposite. Games like Victory Fire are great, but almost impossible to progress at points, especially for not-so-good players. I think a game would be at the best difficulty if it is just a bit harder than a mainline game.

thats interesting, Victory Fire was so easy if u only had a Mewtwo X, u can beat the whole game with only 1 pokemon

but ur right, if its too hard all the time then i think most players won't like it, well i just hope theres at least SOMETHING incredible difficult, like some final battles, hope that doesn't put too many people off

Years
  • Pokemon still need to learn HMs, but once they've learned them, they can keep using the move in the field even if they forget the move. Thus, HMs will be deletable.

Almost all of the new moves have been added to Unbound. Of all the official moves, only 5 have been left out as they were either unnecessary or I didn't want to implement them.

Yes, but I meant more in the sense of new moves. IIrC, beldum had 'steely hit' as a move? Will there be more of those new moves?

Anyways, really looking forward to the final release. From the things I've read here, it will surpass games like Glazed and even mainline games. Hoping for that 2018/early2019 release 😊

Years
  • thats interesting, Victory Fire was so easy if u only had a Mewtwo X, u can beat the whole game with only 1 pokemon

but ur right, if its too hard all the time then i think most players won't like it, well i just hope theres at least SOMETHING incredible difficult, like some final battles, hope that doesn't put too many people off

That's odd, victoryfire is usually regarded as rather hard. I remember being 20 levels underleveled at the E4.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2018
    That's odd, victoryfire is usually regarded as rather hard. I remember being 20 levels underleveled at the E4.

lol Carmen, because most ppl want to have all 6 pokemon equally trained along their journey, i always thought thats BS, for almost all hacks its enough to just rush through with max. 2 pokemon in ur team and get them to level 100 INSTEAD of 6 mons at level 60-70

playing Victory Fire i just used 1 cheat to get Mewtwo at the beginning and then rushed through with no difficulty at all, not even the challenge bridge was any difficult ... but u can do that without cheats as well, u only need 1 or 2 Mons that can learn 4 strong moves: Ghost/Psychic/Fighting/ICE

and thats what i wanted to suggest for Unbound, not making it too easy to make it real speshul and magical

Years
  • lol Carmen, because most ppl want to have all 6 pokemon equally trained along their journey, i always thought thats BS, for almost all hacks its enough to just rush through with max. 2 pokemon in ur team and get them to level 100 INSTEAD of 6 mons at level 60-70

playing Victory Fire i just used 1 cheat to get Mewtwo at the beginning and then rushed through with no difficulty at all, not even the challenge bridge was any difficult ... but u can do that without cheats as well, u only need 1 or 2 Mons that can learn 4 strong moves: Ghost/Psychic/Fighting/ICE

and thats what i wanted to suggest for Unbound, not making it too easy to make it real speshul and magical

But for me, having six pokemon is kind of a part of the whole pokemon experience. And after I used 60 rare candies on my party, it was doable.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    But for me, having six pokemon is kind of a part of the whole pokemon experience. And after I used 60 rare candies on my party, it was doable.

I almost never use rare candies i bring in lucky eggs turn off my sound then do some keybinds while i watch youtube to grind up.I only use rare candies if its like a 20 level difference in my team to the opponets team(mostly cause i nuzlocke every hack i play)

Arnolding

“Jiggy”
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2021
    Damn, the alpha plays very smoothly. I'm seriously looking forward to seeing where this project goes. Great gameplay so far, intresting story, and from the comments you've left recently, the mechanics you're working on seem incredibly unique. If you're looking for people to beta test/look for bugs, I'd love to.

Fantastic work, OP. Keep it up.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Yes, but I meant more in the sense of new moves. IIrC, beldum had 'steely hit' as a move? Will there be more of those new moves?
    Ah, so there are only two "new" moves in the game. One of those being Steely Hit to make Beldum more useful early game, and the other being Leech Fang (a version of the new Leech Life from S/M as the old Leech Life still exists).

Years
  • Ah, so there are only two "new" moves in the game. One of those being Steely Hit to make Beldum more useful early game, and the other being Leech Fang (a version of the new Leech Life from S/M as the old Leech Life still exists).

Thanks now I get it.

Is the progress percentage on the first page still accurate though?

Back