• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2019
    Hooray! Really thought this one died. Been waiting like forever. Cant wait to play this man asap! :D XD

gail

Having no limitation as limitation
    Years
  • skeli would never abandon this except if there was a game breaking bug

~SAGE

Peruvian Rom Hacker
    Years
  • Graphicaly looks pretty cool
    keep it up! I love the battle background screenshots ♥

Z-Moves looks frkn amazing!
    yxaejT2.gif

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2019
    Why the progress of the game became slow
    I mean from 1 year it is showing that overall
    80% of the total game is done I mean
    Not a single number increased from 80% in
    1 year and I am not being rude, i know this is skeli hack that means his wish whenever
    he will complete his hack so take your time and please complete the hack ,waiting from long time to play this hack and love your hack too much.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2021
    I mean from 1 year it is showing that overall
    80% of the total game is done I mean
    Not a single number increased from 80% in
    1 year and I am not being rude, i know this is skeli hack that means his wish whenever
    he will complete his hack so take your time and please complete the hack ,waiting from long time to play this hack and love your hack too much.
    Skeli has been working on his Battle Engine, but maybe once he finished it we might get a decent amount of progress for unbound...

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2019
    You claim not to be rude when you're whining over how slow the game is progressing. Keep in mind that you were the one who demanded redundant, overrated, all around plain dumb features to be implemented in this game. Had Skeli followed your incessant wish, this game would be completed even later, perhaps never at all. You have absolutely no right to nitpick the progress of this game.
    Man, don't be so rude, i don, t demand skeli to put all that features I only wish if he wants
    And I'm not telling that the game progress is
    Slow, I'm only asking that why the game progress became slow. So please first read the post perfectly than reply.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • You claim not to be rude when you're whining over how slow the game is progressing. Keep in mind that you were the one who demanded redundant, overrated, all around plain dumb features to be implemented in this game. Had Skeli followed your incessant wish, this game would be completed even later, perhaps never at all. You have absolutely no right to nitpick the progress of this game.

i may have said the same thing to megaxyz in the pokemon sea temple thread. but everyone is entitled to have their own opinion and suggest features. if we did not suggest features the rom hacks would probably be a little boring. And in case your wondering, yes i can agree with you in a way but please don't be too harsh with him. (after all their are young fans in pokecommunity too)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2019
    Can we trade pokemon in pokemon
    unbound as there is 2floor in pokemon center and the lady in 2roof says that you can trade pokemon but I just want to know that the trading system in this game works perfectly.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    unbound as there is 2floor in pokemon center and the lady in 2roof says that you can trade pokemon but I just want to know that the trading system in this game works perfectly.

Do you mean like wondertrading?Or if you mean trade-evolution pokemon i assume there will be an item for it somewhere in the game such as a link cable/stone.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Btw is skeli still working on the game i've been waiting for the completion of this game for 2years

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Your z moves look great!Very cool and nicely animated.
    Thank you! I can't take credit for most of the animations, though. Ghoulslash made most of them with some input from me.

I am glad you are still working on this game... I swear I taught you abandoned the development already until I saw your last replies, please finish your product! We have high expectation from you mate...
    I hope to never abandon this project.

Will skelli will also add meltan And melmetal and also theMoveset from Pokemon let's
    Go pikachu in this game
    Meltan and Melmetal yes, complete movesets from Let's Go most likely not. I may make some tweaks to some of the movesets inspired by changes made in those games, but the base will remain USUM.

Man, I can't wait for this game. Good work on everything here man. I'd say one of the best (or the best) hacks of this decade. Haven't seen something this expansive for such a long time. Take your time, cause if this stuff is what you've been cooking up now, I don't know how dope the finished version will be. Really good work.
    Thank you!

Will in the final version we can catch all legendries pokemon including zeroara and marshadow and you will also add all z crystals like z crystal for pikachu, mimikyu Solgaleo etc.
    My hope is that all Pokemon will be obtainable in some form or another. I know where I plan to put many legendary Pokemon, I just haven't actually put them in the game yet. The Z-Crystals will be in the game, but most likely will only be introduced later on, as I don't want to retcon Z-Crystals into the early story at this point. I'm done editing old events and only want to progress forward (other than adding in previously planned multi battles that is).

I think he won't add Gen 8 Pokemon at all and there's no extra box storage for storing all 809 Pokemon till now. Who would even catch all 809 Pokemon even.
    I just want to add to this, another reason I won't be adding them in is because I have no more space for the cries. About a 1/4 of the storage space in Unbound is taken up by cries of newer Pokemon and adding in anymore will reduce the space I have for other things.

Is https://github.com/Skeli789/Complete-Fire-Red-Upgrade Compatible with Leon and Ultimate Soul Rom Base?
    Once the engine is ready, you won't need that base anymore. But to answer your question, I tried to make the engine compatible with existing hacks, but that was mainly with the focus on hacks that used Dollsteak's patch. Leon's base is a giant upgrade which I'm not sure the engine will be able to handle properly.

Soooo yea a good 5-6 months ago i gave a comment on "it could be done around late 2018 early 2019" i think i may need to do a soft reset on that XD
    It's the battle engine's fault. I was all ready to progress much more in the game when it intruded in my mind and wouldn't leave me alone. I had no choice but to give in and make it until it was done.

It'll be worth the wait,I just know it :]
    Thank you!

Hooray! Really thought this one died. Been waiting like forever. Cant wait to play this man asap! :D XD
    Never gonna die.

skeli would never abandon this except if there was a game breaking bug
    Nah I'd fix the bug or worse, move to a new base.

Graphicaly looks pretty cool
    keep it up! I love the battle background screenshots ♥

Z-Moves looks frkn amazing!
    Thank you!

I mean from 1 year it is showing that overall 80% of the total game is done I mean not a single number increased from 80% in 1 year and I am not being rude, i know this is Skeli's hack that means his wish whenever he will complete his hack so take your time and please complete the hack ,waiting from long time to play this hack and love your hack too much.
    Blame the battle engine.

I see no reason why trading wouldn't work. Link battles should also work properly once the new battle engine is in.

This rom hack is awesome.
    Thank you!

And while I'm here, the battle engine I've been working on is almost ready for release. I just need a few people to volunteer to test what's left of the engine. If you're interested, please send me a message on discord Skeli #3917. I'm looking for people who can devote their heart and soul to testing and won't flake out on me. The sooner it's tested, the sooner I can release my Battle Tower demo so let that be incentive :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    Thank you! I can't take credit for most of the animations, though. Ghoulslash made most of them with some input from me.

I hope to never abandon this project.

Meltan and Melmetal yes, complete movesets from Let's Go most likely not. I may make some tweaks to some of the movesets inspired by changes made in those games, but the base will remain USUM.

Thank you!

My hope is that all Pokemon will be obtainable in some form or another. I know where I plan to put many legendary Pokemon, I just haven't actually put them in the game yet. The Z-Crystals will be in the game, but most likely will only be introduced later on, as I don't want to retcon Z-Crystals into the early story at this point. I'm done editing old events and only want to progress forward (other than adding in previously planned multi battles that is).

I just want to add to this, another reason I won't be adding them in is because I have no more space for the cries. About a 1/4 of the storage space in Unbound is taken up by cries of newer Pokemon and adding in anymore will reduce the space I have for other things.

Once the engine is ready, you won't need that base anymore. But to answer your question, I tried to make the engine compatible with existing hacks, but that was mainly with the focus on hacks that used Dollsteak's patch. Leon's base is a giant upgrade which I'm not sure the engine will be able to handle properly.

It's the battle engine's fault. I was all ready to progress much more in the game when it intruded in my mind and wouldn't leave me alone. I had no choice but to give in and make it until it was done.

Thank you!

Never gonna die.

Nah I'd fix the bug or worse, move to a new base.

Thank you!

Blame the battle engine.

I see no reason why trading wouldn't work. Link battles should also work properly once the new battle engine is in.

Thank you!

And while I'm here, the battle engine I've been working on is almost ready for release. I just need a few people to volunteer to test what's left of the engine. If you're interested, please send me a message on discord Skeli #3917. I'm looking for people who can devote their heart and soul to testing and won't flake out on me. The sooner it's tested, the sooner I can release my Battle Tower demo so let that be incentive :)

Good on ya mate my one concern is that its gunna be too good and your gunna get Pokemon Uraniumed.(swear if that happens nintendo is gettin sum letters)

Maximoff

Aspiring Hacker
    Years

• Commenting on here to say your hack looks fantastic.
    About your engine testing, would we need any programming knowledge or it's just to play a copy of FireRed with the engine installed and look for bugs? I'm down if it's the letter.
    Also, will your engine try to improve the AI in Fire Red?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    @murderlinez3

Don't spread such ridiculous rumours please, they're not true.

Back