• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 27, 2020
I like the screenshots however it lags a lot on my device, thus making it unplayable. I am using Gameboid on Android. Other Rom Hacks like Pokemon LIFE etc are working just fine. Any help?

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
I like the screenshots however it lags a lot on my device, thus making it unplayable. I am using Gameboid on Android. Other Rom Hacks like Pokemon LIFE etc are working just fine. Any help?
I think it's an issue with the base I used. I'll change it for V1.1.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 11, 2019
I think it's an issue with the base I used. I'll change it for V1.1.
I don't know if there's an issue with the rom of Independent but it is true that most pokemon fire red rom hackers use the rom by Squirrels as the base for their hacks.But i have a question.If you change the base rom you use,will the old .sav and .sgm (save slot) files be compatible with future versions of the hack?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 24, 2016
I don't know if there's an issue with the rom of Independent but it is true that most pokemon fire red rom hackers use the rom by Squirrels as the base for their hacks.But i have a question.If you change the base rom you use,will the old .sav and .sgm (save slot) files be compatible with future versions of the hack?

I also have a install error in installing the .ups file.
I can't fix it out even though changing the other rom....
r49807sca227.png

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Heyyy really cool,yet I have two questions.first,IS IT POSSIBLE TOO OBTAIN JANGMO-O IF SO,HOWWW,second,can I be a beta tester?:D

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
As long as you replace the old game file with the new patched file, it should still work.

I also have a install error in installing the .ups file.
I can't fix it out even though changing the other rom....
You're using the wrong base. You need to use Fire Red (U)(Independent).

Heyyy really cool,yet I have two questions.first,IS IT POSSIBLE TOO OBTAIN JANGMO-O IF SO,HOWWW,second,can I be a beta tester?:D
I just put Jangmo-o in the gym battle for fun, but its not obtainable yet.
I'll let you know when I need more beta testers.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
so. how's the game going :? waiting patiently for the full game
I'm going to release Alpha V1.1 soon. It doesn't contain any more maps, but it is updated with more Gen 7 Pokemon and bug fixes. I also fixed the level curve and fixed issues caused by the music.

megaman d

novice scripter
Years
I'm going to release Alpha V1.1 soon. It doesn't contain any more maps, but it is updated with more Gen 7 Pokemon and bug fixes. I also fixed the level curve and fixed issues caused by the music.
lol anyways I am glad to see that the game is still being worked on and you have a great response rate. The bug fixes and neatness is more important than new shiny features. good luck with the game .

golche

Tactician of Askr
Years
Just one question, are shiny sprites available in Unbound?

Addendum: Will the full release invalidate previous savegames?

Shinies will hopefully be available in the final version. For now they aren't since Skeli is mainly focused on bug fixing and moving the plot forward, and I do not really have the time to create shiny sprites in case we can't find all of them online (the sprites are less of an issue compared to the code not being there).

With regard to saves breaking, we don't know yet if they will. There may be some changes in the final version where it will be best to make a new save regardless of whether they break or not.

ReloadSeven

I would if I could
Years
Shinies will hopefully be available in the final version. For now they aren't since Skeli is mainly focused on bug fixing and moving the plot forward, and I do not really have the time to create shiny sprites in case we can't find all of them online (the sprites are less of an issue compared to the code not being there).

With regard to saves breaking, we don't know yet if they will. There may be some changes in the final version where it will be best to make a new save regardless of whether they break or not.

Thank you very much. This hack is awesome and good luck in further development. Looking forward to the next release!

Back