• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
  • Hi, just finished the game and it was absolute gold, by far the greatest rom available right now! I know I'm a little off topic, but can I ask if there are other games like this? I mean all catchable pokemon at least through gen7, unbelievable QoL and cool postgame?
    Pokémon Gaia is prob the closest your gonna get

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hi, just finished the game and it was absolute gold, by far the greatest rom available right now! I know I'm a little off topic, but can I ask if there are other games like this? I mean all catchable pokemon at least through gen7, unbelievable QoL and cool postgame?

Gaia, but it's binary hack, so a lot of the QOL changes in unbound won't be there. There's Dreams which uses the CFRU, albeit an outdated version, and has most of the quality of life changes you are looking for in unbound. I'm not sure about the postgame.

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • Gaia, but it's binary hack, so a lot of the QOL changes in unbound won't be there. There's Dreams which uses the CFRU, albeit an outdated version, and has most of the quality of life changes you are looking for in unbound. I'm not sure about the postgame.

TMI

Gaia and Dreams are both good recommends.

🍌👌

Last edited:
    Years
  • Gaia and Dreams are both good recommends.

No offense but Dreams really sucks; it is, imo, the worst romhack that utilises CFRU.

If you want a challenging yet fair romhack that uses CFRU, play Radical Red or Inflamed Red.

If you want to play with fakémons, play Vega. And I'm not talking about Vega Minus, Vega Fairy-type edition, etc. Original Vega. Vega also has a long postgame and you will have lots of things to do after defeating the champion.

If you want a romhack with a good story, consider playing Gaia, Vega, or GS Chronicles.

Just stay away from Dreams.

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • No offense but Dreams really sucks; it is, imo, the worst romhack that utilises CFRU.

If you want a challenging yet fair romhack that uses CFRU, play Radical Red or Inflamed Red.

If you want to play with fakémons, play Vega. And I'm not talking about Vega Minus, Vega Fairy-type edition, etc. Original Vega. Vega also has a long postgame and you will have lots of things to do after defeating the champion.

If you want a romhack with a good story, consider playing Gaia, Vega, or GS Chronicles.

There you have it.

I wasn't really recommending Dreams, just simplifying IR's recommendations.

Honestly, I haven't actually played many Gen 3 hack at all. The only ones I played for a decent amount of time are the following:

• OG Light Platinum
    • Dark Violet
    • Firered Rocket Edition
    • Pokemon Aquamarine
    • Touhoumon Insane Version (Probably the worst FireRed hack OVERALL)
    • Touhoumon World Link (Because I like Fakemon Hacks)
    • OG Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced (Again, for Fakemon)

That's it. I'll keep Gaia, OG Vega, GS Chronicles, Radical Red and Inflamed Red in mind when I start playing Gen 3 hacks more.

Including Unbound, of course!

Last edited:

NorseTLoki

Eilreicht Bass
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    No offense but Dreams really sucks; it is, imo, the worst romhack that utilises CFRU.

What's wrong with Vega Minus? Isn't it the same as Vega just made easier?

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    What's wrong with Vega Minus? Isn't it the same as Vega just made easier?

I'd suggest the recent edited version the_teenag_villain did since it apparently includes a lot of post-game pokemon put into earlier routes and also includes the fairy type, otherwise Pokemon variety will be severely lacking for pretty much the whole main game.

Anyway aren't we getting a bit off topic here?

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • Anyway aren't we getting a bit off topic here?

You got a point. We should be discussing Unbound, not other hacks.

We should probably go take this little discussion to the Vega Fairy edition board. I'll go start the ball rolling there.

To keep the Unbound topic going here, I'll talk about how I feel about eventually getting to this hack. I read a little about this hack from the first post and this game seems to have 4 difficulty modes. First, I'll go for hard and then maybe consider the hardest version. I want to see how hard it truly is (even though Skeli says that it's not meant to be fun and it's one of the hardest hacks ever made).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'm currently playing Unbound and I'm interested in getting certain fossils and Gems for move tutors. Supposedly you need a certain tool to dig for this stuff in the underground, but I already have seven badges and didn't get anything like that.

Is this a post-game feature or where can I get it? Just trying to know what are my options to build my final team... I already had to ditch my Trick Room Beheeyem build because apparently that TM is not obtainable until the Battle Tower.

Years
  • I'm currently playing Unbound and I'm interested in getting certain fossils and Gems for move tutors. Supposedly you need a certain tool to dig for this stuff in the underground, but I already have seven badges and didn't get anything like that.

Is this a post-game feature or where can I get it? Just trying to know what are my options to build my final team... I already had to ditch my Trick Room Beheeyem build because apparently that TM is not obtainable until the Battle Tower.

You get this tool, called the ADM, after you defeat the Pokémon League. You will obtain one at the Seaport City. Before that, you can get some fossils by smashing the rocks at the Great Desert, but the chance of obtaining the fossil you want to get is quite low.

And yes, some of the TMs are postgame only, like the Trick Room TM you mentioned.

Years
    • Seen today
    You get this tool, called the ADM, after you defeat the Pokémon League. You will obtain one at the Seaport City. Before that, you can get some fossils by smashing the rocks at the Great Desert, but the chance of obtaining the fossil you want to get is quite low.

And yes, some of the TMs are postgame only, like the Trick Room TM you mentioned.

That's disappointing, but thanks for the reply. Things like this make me wish Pokémon rom hacks didn't have post-game... you can't reliably define your team without doing extensive research on all the things you won't be able to do until the credits roll.

I get the point for things like Isle of Armor moves, but why would common stuff like Icy Wind or Seed Bomb require items that you're supposed to farm in the post-game is beyond my understanding.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    Is rom hack very good and also story And the difficulty rom hack,pokemon etc.... I hope is rom hack on future more Interesting update 😁

Years
    • Seen today
    Finished my first playthrough this weekend. And I have to say, although there are some sections and design choices I didn't like, the game was an amazing experience all-around, with great amount of content, customization, features and fun stuff to do.

The amount of work, polish, passion, and talent behind this game is remarkable. I can't thank Skeli and the rest of the dev team enough for making this gem.

Final team:

UHoF.jpg

Spoiler:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • I get the point for things like Isle of Armor moves, but why would common stuff like Icy Wind or Seed Bomb require items that you're supposed to farm in the post-game is beyond my understanding.
    The number of Gems required for these tutors can actually be farmed relatively quickly in the main game. You have a couple of options:
    1. Talk to the worker in the KBT Expressway north of Crater Town and he'll let you mine in the wall. You'll find a lot of Hard Stones this way which can then be traded to the Rancher in Gurun Town for Gems of your choice. Alternatively, smashing rocks in the Great Desert will also yield Hard Stones most of the time.
    2. All Raids after a certain point have a fairly high chance of dropping a Gem based on the Pokemon you fought.

Years
    • Seen today
    Alternatively, smashing rocks in the Great Desert will also yield Hard Stones most of the time.

Thanks for the info. Eventually figured it required some time but it was actually possible, that was the best method from what I've tried. Smashing the ten rocks near Tomb of Borrius entrance, entering and exiting the tomb to respawn the rocks (using Repels to prevent wild Pokémon from appearing instead of items). Also obtained fossils pretty quick that way.

It was mainly for Iron Head, but I ended up doing some team adjustments anyway and didn't need any tutor moves at the end.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2022
    A strange thing happened to me. When I played the game first time, I met Houndoom with Mega Evolution in the battle against Vega. That pokemon or other one used Swagger before Punishment. Game was dropped at the Blizzard City, then I played and beat Pokemon Gaia and decided to return to Unbound, but started it over. This time there weren't Houndoom and Swagger at all. I chose expert difficulty both times.

Years
    • Seen today
    A strange thing happened to me. When I played the game first time, I met Houndoom with Mega Evolution in the battle against Vega. That pokemon or other one used Swagger before Punishment. Game was dropped at the Blizzard City, then I played and beat Pokemon Gaia and decided to return to Unbound, but started it over. This time there weren't Houndoom and Swagger at all. I chose expert difficulty both times.

I guess one of these two things happened:

-Unbound trainers' teams have been updated and rebalanced multiple times, so if you played an older version there's a chance Vega had a different team. I too played an earlier build about two years ago (didn't finish that version) and I remember pretty well that Mel, the fourth leader didn't have a Heliolisk, which he does have in the current version.

-You may be confusing it with the post-gym event in which you do battle a Mega Houndoom, but it's from a different "boss".

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    I know you don't allow gen 8 Pokemon in Pokemon Unbound, but. Would you just allow a few of the gen 8 pokemon such as; Obstagoon and Perrserker? They won't be necessary to complete the Pokedex.

I'd like to see Galarian Meowth available using Mystery Gift.

If this was mentioned before? Then I wasn't able to search properly at this time.

Back