• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

golche

Tactician of Askr
    Years
    I double checked and I am 50% wrong. Shinies are there. We still aren't sure if saves will break.

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
    Years
    Hi I wanted to know how you did the IV notation in the pokemon menu, its something I want to be able to do!
    Great Hack !

edit: and your endless cube too

Last edited:

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
    Years
    • Seen today
    I really hope that the trainer card color scheme isn't final, the "cube" bag and the Pokèmon stat screen expecially the one where the moves are. Because they look horrible and the contrast is just bad. Berely clear or pleasing to the eyes.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    I really hope that the trainer card color scheme isn't final, the "cube" bag and the Pokèmon stat screen expecially the one where the moves are. Because they look horrible and the contrast is just bad. Berely clear or pleasing to the eyes.
    The Cube's colour scheme is final, but the other two still need to be changed.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
    Years
    • Seen today
    The Cube's colour scheme is final, but the other two still need to be changed.

That's shame that it is but at least the other is gonna be changed. Just dont go crazy with neon colors or over the top edgy scheme. Has to be soft in the eye and readable.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2017
    This hack has some high quality potential. I will be more then happy to support this and follow it. I would love to beta test it!

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2017
    Love the hack, and it is fun so far. Just a bit of points for improvement:
    -Bug:When you are trying to teach your pokemon moves from the 3 dudes in the house in Dresco Town,it won't let you pick which one, it picks the 2nd in your list, compatible or not. Not gamebreaking but annoying.
    -Bug:When pokemon are using Dig, Brine can hit them. I'm not sure how much more moves can hit them, but Brine can. I used it with a Spheal if that helps.
    -High difficulty curve: The level jumps are borderline ridiculous. I like it a bit but When you fight shadow admin Marlon, he has level 27 pokemon, and he is a super potion user. You rarely take one of his pokemon from yellow to death, since he uses his potion at red. I had level 18-20 pokemon when I faced him. Took 2 tries. Also idk if it is supposed to be this way, but trainer house, while it is your greatest friend, is a bit disappointing for grinding after your mon reach 15-17. Exp yield drops a lot. Maybe after every gym badge, the trainers pokemon level up 3-7 levels. Maybe also their pokemon change, evolve, or even new trainers with different types? Nevertheless, great hack and the fact you brought in gen 7 pokemon quickly is amazing.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    This hack has some high quality potential. I will be more then happy to support this and follow it. I would love to beta test it!
    Thank you for your support. I don't need more beta testers right now, but I'll put you down for the next round of beta testing.

-Bug:When you are trying to teach your pokemon moves from the 3 dudes in the house in Dresco Town,it won't let you pick which one, it picks the 2nd in your list, compatible or not. Not gamebreaking but annoying.
    These move tutours are being removed for Alpha V1.1 and replaced with something else.

-Bug:When pokemon are using Dig, Brine can hit them. I'm not sure how much more moves can hit them, but Brine can. I used it with a Spheal if that helps.
    Thank you for this! I wasn't aware of this so I'll look into it.[/QUOTE]

-High difficulty curve: The level jumps are borderline ridiculous. I like it a bit but When you fight shadow admin Marlon, he has level 27 pokemon, and he is a super potion user. You rarely take one of his pokemon from yellow to death, since he uses his potion at red. I had level 18-20 pokemon when I faced him. Took 2 tries.
    The high leveling is something I'm aware of, so it's been fixed for V1.1. I only realized after I released the demo, that the Pokemon after the first gym go up by 5 levels all at once.

Also idk if it is supposed to be this way, but trainer house, while it is your greatest friend, is a bit disappointing for grinding after your mon reach 15-17. Exp yield drops a lot. Maybe after every gym badge, the trainers pokemon level up 3-7 levels. Maybe also their pokemon change, evolve, or even new trainers with different types?
    I like your idea, but when it comes down to it, its just a matter of whether I feel like rescripting all of them or not. There are other trainer houses around the region though, so it may not be necessary to always make the Dresco Town one, stronger.

Nevertheless, great hack and the fact you brought in gen 7 pokemon quickly is amazing.
    Thank you! Just wait for V1.1. All of the gen 7 Pokemon have been implemented, and more than just the Alolan forms and Sandygast appear in the wild.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    How many gym badges will be available in v 1.1 n if all gen 7 Pokemon are added what about the gens 6 5 4 Pokemon?

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    How many gym badges will be available in v 1.1 n if all gen 7 Pokemon are added what about the gens 6 5 4 Pokemon?
    It's still going to be the same length as the demo, just some Gen 7 Pokemon will be appearing in the wild. What I meant by "they've all been implemented" is that if someone wants to use cheats to get any Pokemon, the Gen 7 Pokemon are viable options. They don't all appear in the wild yet, however. Only certain ones, like Pikipek and Cutiefly, appear in the demo.

Years
    Yo Skeli789 :D

I finished your game this week. So I will give my thoughts about it.
    I will describe your game with one word: Potential :D
    Your game has a mysterious story which give me even ideas for a fanfiction.
    The story keeps the player in the game which very fun. The fact that it keeps that mysterious side (a simple example: the admin from the shadows we will see their faces). The cube take the place of the "bag". Which was nice. The sprites were sweet. To begin in a snowy town that's very nice. The best is that you made the legendary birds useful! I really like it. (I'm a big fan of Articuno) I thank you for this. You did right :D
    Now the less good...
    They are not so bad XD
    But It would make the game better the Alolan Vulpix would be better with his hidden ability. It is a "half" present form the game.
    The best way to give a present is to a full one. After this they were some bugs when I captured some pokemons. The registrations form the pokedex was bugging. Example: I captured a Riolu and saw a Sentret.
    Please make a new dragon gym leader(sprite) because Lance is Lance. Draco must have more depth as a gym leader. He's not helping while the shadows are researching an antique weapon. (This is really weird) Even being blocked in the city for battling against was not a need. He could, help the player then we would fight against Draco after the event of the volcano.

My conclusion would be that you have to work on your scenario/ story. Do not rush on things and think wisely about this.
    I like your game,the best is to stay focus on your story and give normal stuff (like winning badges) a second or even third place.
    I support you and your game. I would to help you. Can we discuss about on pm?

I got some idea, I want to give them to you personally :D

Last edited:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    It has all pokemon from 1-7 !? That is amazing.
    Only demo is available so far?
    Only the demo so far. I'd rather not release continious betas and then have to possibly break compatability.

I love your work, it is indeed very hard! Good luck!
    Thank you!

UPDATE
    Alpha V1.1 has been released! Thank you to everyone for your support and patience with this game. I've been reading comments and watching playthroughs on YouTube, so I've adjusted numerous things to enhance the game.
    The base has been changed to Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) in order to fix a lag on android devices. Apply the patch to a new file in the same location as the pre-existing one. Do not patch over the existing file. It will not work properly.
    More changes include:
    -More Gen 7 Pokemon have been added to the wild!
    -Receive a Riolu in Bellin Town instead of an Alolan Vulpix
    -Pokedex bugs have been fixed
    -Sandygast now respawns every time you leave the area
    -The levelling curve has been adjusted to make the game more reasonable
    -Beldum has a new signature move to make it more viable at the start of the game
    -Zygarde Cell challenge has been implemented! Explore the region collecting pieces of Zygarde. NOTE: Not restarting the game will cause the Zygarde cells to appear without having to do the event in Dresco Town. This doesn't actually affect gameplay so it's fine if you collect the cells without restarting the game.
    -No more running back to Bellin Town after getting Log's package
    -Sound related bugs have been fixed
    -Text changes
    -Multiplayer functionality has been restored

Enjoy!

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2020
    Sorry Skeli789, but the game is still lagging on my android device. Since other ROM hacks are working fine, I doubt it is a problem concerning my device or the Gameboid emulator. Have you or anyone else tried playing it on an android?

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2017
    Hi! I played the latest ver. of the alpha, and there are a lot of FPS spikes while using fast forward (playing the game on myboy)..

Years
    I play it on My Boy and it works perfect, Skeli789 I love the new features and little changsha amazing hack outstanding theme

Back