• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile Pokémon Unite Megathread

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    Not been playing this game for a few days been too busy may see what it is like after the changes go live

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    I got to Expert Rank. No I don't know how.

But now I seem to be ruining games for friends because apparently you are matched with 'player of comparative skill' and we always lose now. Some of my other friends are still in Great or Beginner rank.

So much for playing in groups... 😭

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    is it just me or does the game feel more unbalanced then ever?

they didn't really fix gengar,
    they nerfed the healing which was a counter to gengar, and
    then made absol just as bad as gengar...

and I can't even escape wigglytuff's sing anymore.

edit

seems like I was wrong about gengar, seems the lowered invincible frames did the trick he's not popping off like he used to.

not sure what happened but he got stunned and after that all he did was run away.
    not sure what that means for that character overall since I've only played against it not with it.

Last edited:
    is it just me or does the game feel more unbalanced then ever?

they didn't really fix gengar,
    they nerfed the healing which was a counter to gengar, and
    then made absol just as bad as gengar...

and I can't even escape wigglytuff's sing anymore.

Can't say I've tried those to be able to comment but I did read some upset about others being nerfed and not Snorlax, when one of his skills can do as much as block access to Zapdos altogether. That seems pretty crazy to me. :x

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    The problem right now is the whole P2W aspect with the item enhancers. There's been a large outcry about it but considering that most other F2P games don't fix these issues when they get accused of being P2W... I doubt this issue will be fixed unfortunately. It'd be nice if it was though and I'm not saying I don't want it to be fixed (because trust me I do) it just seems extremely unlikely considering that other F2P games just pretend that them being P2W exists.

I've been playing as Talonflame a bit more so it's been added to my 'For Fun' character list but I still feel like I'm bad as the birb. 😭

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Can't say I've tried those to be able to comment but I did read some upset about others being nerfed and not Snorlax, when one of his skills can do as much as block access to Zapdos altogether. That seems pretty crazy to me. :x

(also sorry for huge wall of text 😅)
    nah snorlax is fine as he is, all he can do is block, the move does next to no damage and it cuts his movement speed, and does nothing for ranged attacks,
    or physical attacks not coming from the one direction he's facing.

So there's no way he can just prevent a team from getting attacks to land on zapdos, when it can be attacked from any direction.

Snorlax can be very good, but only when used well, when not used well he's useless.
    so if people really have that much trouble against snorlax I'd say they just aren't playing well to begin with.
    (harsh as that may sound)

The only way snorlax can "block" zapdos, is if the entire team is all trying to run in from the one small tunnel on the side.
    And if that's the case, that's what a smart snorlax player should do. use himself as a shield to try and by his team time.

Plus the block is only about 5 seconds, and even with an entire team attacking it takes at least twice that long to take out zapdos.

Personally I'm of the opinion that most of the buffs and nerfs did not need to happen, and the game balance was fine,
    aside from gengar being an insta-kill on anyone without a unite move ready, and talon flame doing horrible damage.

well that and wigglytuffs double slap not stunning and being overall just weaker than the 1st level move pound.

the charizard damage is also nice.

This is probably going to sound harsher than I mean, but in my experience most of the time the people
    yelling the loudest that something should be nerfed, are just not good at the game.

Once you know how each characters moves works, they became much easier to bait and counter.

lol pretty much its like you die once, then you figure it out, I thought it was pretty cool,
    kind of like regular pokemon that types aside some pokemon, are just more or less suited to countering or tackling others.

For example slowbro is the best pokemon to counter gengar.
    because it has several moves, that are good for locking a enemy in place, and its surf+
    is great for stunning it.

it just takes a while to figure things like that out, especially when each pokemon has different move combinations,
    usually one set of combinations is bad while the other is the good one, so it can take a few tries to realize a pokemon's strengths.
    or what works best for you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    The problem right now is the whole P2W aspect with the item enhancers. There's been a large outcry about it but considering that most other F2P games don't fix these issues when they get accused of being P2W... I doubt this issue will be fixed unfortunately. It'd be nice if it was though and I'm not saying I don't want it to be fixed (because trust me I do) it just seems extremely unlikely considering that other F2P games just pretend that them being P2W exists.

I've been playing as Talonflame a bit more so it's been added to my 'For Fun' character list but I still feel like I'm bad as the birb. 😭

I kinda disagree on that, once you get past a certain point you get nothing but item enhancers, I had far far more than what I wanted or needed, pretty early on.
    and I've never spent a cent on this game.

I don't really see the items as an issue, I did at first, then I realized they didn't have as strong an affect as I first thought.

but to put my comment in perspective, I got all the log in bonuses, and played enough to get to like player lv 30 I think?
    as well as got the battle pass to around the same level.

So through that there are a LOT, of item enhancer awards.
    plus tickets are kind of useless if you don't care about the fashion stuff,
    you can also funnel those into getting more enhancers.

but the way I look at the items you really don't need to get them to lvl 20,
    for most of the time I played the game, I used nothing higher than lvl 6.

and you can still play well without held items, you just need to be a little more careful.

on the other thing talon flame is definitely OP now, and its pretty amazing. lol

it used to be I could completely ignore his attacks,
    I played a match the other day, and talon flame used acrobatics as I was running away.

I'm thinking oh yeah no problem, then it was oh..I'm dead. o.O

Last edited:
    Years
    Love gardevoir. One of my favorite pokemon. Moonblast and Psyshock combo is a killer.

But she is so weak that it's hard not to die if you get cornered. And I mean reeeealy weak. Her defenses are bad. I usually rely on moonblast to freeze an opponent for a few seconds to get away.

Zeraora is also a good one for me. I tend to score the most with him.

And occasionally I use slowbro. But it is only really effective if I have an attacker playing close by.

I want to try a bunch of other characters (especially alolan ninetales), but whenever I do, I get added onto a bad team where I don't have time to try out real strategies against real opponents. I'm just struggling against like 4 of the opponent's team ganging up on me while my teammates play around.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Love gardevoir. One of my favorite pokemon. Moonblast and Psyshock combo is a killer.

But she is so weak that it's hard not to die if you get cornered. And I mean reeeealy weak. Her defenses are bad. I usually rely on moonblast to freeze an opponent for a few seconds to get away.

Zeraora is also a good one for me. I tend to score the most with him.

And occasionally I use slowbro. But it is only really effective if I have an attacker playing close by.

I want to try a bunch of other characters (especially alolan ninetales), but whenever I do, I get added onto a bad team where I don't have time to try out real strategies against real opponents. I'm just struggling against like 4 of the opponent's team ganging up on me while my teammates play around.

I feel that tbh. Your going to mostly get bad teammates unfortunately especially if you solo-queue. Finding other people who also play the game to 'squad up' is recommended but even then you can come across more coordinated teams and still get curb-stomped. It's a mixed bag really and unfortunately.

Unless you play Ranked. But I wouldn't recommend that either because you can still get incompetent teammates. It doesn't happen as much in Expert Rank (my current rank) and above but it still can and will happen.

I like using CPU Match or Friendly Match where you fill the rest of the slots with CPUs to practice stuff and I always try to do that before I start jumping down rabbit holes and doing Random Matches. Personally CPU Match is good to practice things IMO but just my personal experience I suppose.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Now that it's been confirmed that Blissey is coming (before Blastoise even!!) I'm hoping it can be my Support Main. Because I don't play a single Support or Defender right now. Pretty much because I hate them all. So... yeah... hoping for the best.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Now that it's been confirmed that Blissey is coming (before Blastoise even!!) I'm hoping it can be my Support Main. Because I don't play a single Support or Defender right now. Pretty much because I hate them all. So... yeah... hoping for the best.

You want some support/defender tips?

I'm done with the game for real this time, so I don't mind sharing my strategies/setups.

I used to set most of my characters up for a support role, even some attackers, and it worked pretty well for me.
    But I just like playing defense/support.

also wish I'd thought of that cpu match thing back when I still played, probably would have saved
    me some time and frustration over trying to get into practice, get out and back from the main menu, just to check damage for like 10 secons.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    No that's okay. I like to just test things out myself.

I already know most of the overall general tips for the game right now anyway. Don't over-extend, don't int, (intentional feed) know what role you are playing and stick to it (though i'm not actually sure if I'm doing this because literally no one else does this) rotate for Drednaw when it is up (literally no one does this wtf?!) and try to either protect or take Zapdos ASAP (games get scuffed way too much with this damn thing. I've started to agree with the calls to nerf it 😡)

Besides I've messed around with Blissey quite a lot already... and... yeah... this thing is DEF my Support Main now.

Updated and more specific list:

Mains:

Attacker: Pikachu or Gardevoir
    Speedster: Zeraora
    Support: Blissey

Secondary:

Attacker: Cinderace
    Speedster: Absol
    All-Rounder: Lucario or Garchomp (I play as the ground shark too much for it to be a for fun character anymore)

For Fun: Talonflame, Charizard, Wigglytuff (last one is a 'whenever the hell I feel like it' or just 'screwing around' mood)

Yeah I've effectively dropped Venusaur at this point. He sucks. Well... I suck as using him at least.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    I considered playing this, but from what I can tell it's pure PvP battling and has no story, which puts me off sadly. It's really hard for me to be invested without some kind of plot, but it's nice to see that people are enjoying Unite!

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    No that's okay. I like to just test things out myself.

I already know most of the overall general tips for the game right now anyway. Don't over-extend, don't int, (intentional feed) know what role you are playing and stick to it (though i'm not actually sure if I'm doing this because literally no one else does this) rotate for Drednaw when it is up (literally no one does this wtf?!) and try to either protect or take Zapdos ASAP (games get scuffed way too much with this damn thing. I've started to agree with the calls to nerf it 😡)

Besides I've messed around with Blissey quite a lot already... and... yeah... this thing is DEF my Support Main now.

Updated and more specific list:

Mains:

Attacker: Pikachu or Gardevoir
    Speedster: Zeraora
    Support: Blissey

Secondary:

Attacker: Cinderace
    Speedster: Absol
    All-Rounder: Lucario or Garchomp (I play as the ground shark too much for it to be a for fun character anymore)

For Fun: Talonflame, Charizard, Wigglytuff (last one is a 'whenever the hell I feel like it' or just 'screwing around' mood)

Yeah I've effectively dropped Venusaur at this point. He sucks. Well... I suck as using him at least.

Gotcha, good luck with finding your new main./glad you found what you like.

far as the meta stuff, I never really did dig the whole rotate the entire team to fight over drednaw.
    thought that was kinda dumb personally, that's just giving up a free gate for in my mind a small bonus.

early game it takes them a while to take it out and most cases they're mostly dead, so with a good control character I could usually hold them off, or make them retreat.

I'll give a few tips though, for venusaur you want to stay a a certain mid range, and always take solar beam over petal dance.
    staying at range allows you to avoid close range attackers, while punishing them and keeping them at a distance.
    you should NEVER chase with this character without support/backup.

I usually stuck with mega drain, and solar beam when I ran him, but sludge bomb isn't too bad, when you've got good support to take em out.

A cool thing about the drain is you get health based on the number of enemies in the range not just damage, so if you're running low.
    and the bees are spawned in your lane, you can pretty much get full health in an instant if you line the move up right.

I used to use that to bait enemies, run in at low health then use drain and instantly be back at full health.
    potion would be good too but I think I preferred X speed to help him escape.

Another thing I did recently was setups using the score boost items.
    it's a good way to turn the tide early on without having to worry much about level.

This was my setup for machamp, turned him into an epic tank, and a perfect greninja counter.

Exp share, for health and speed, aos cookie, for health on score, and more health passives.
    and score shield,

each item boosts the others effects, plus you heal more when you score making it easier to get away.
    which is made even easier with machop's move to ignore hindarances "focus energy" I think.

then I run submission and the punching move later on.

the boosted move speed allows me to run down enemies even better with submission.
    then use potion instead of x speed, since submission and the item speed boost don't stack.

The trick is to get as few points as possible at the start, and just keep scoring small goals to build up the hp.

and its a greninja counter, because greninja does extra damage because of its passive to ignore defense.
    But if you build your survivability on hp, instead of defense then it has no effect.

Which can really throw them for a loop and help you out survive them.

and because you're frequently scoring goals you don't really get a big drawback from using the exp share.
    especially if you're getting kills.

that's the kind of stuff I used to like to setup, just trying to play to the character's strengths.

far as zapdos is concerned as long as the team plays smart I don't really think its an issue. so I didn't really like the nerfs.
    if the opponent is getting blown out you can bet they're thinking about zapdos.

and the "secret" I've discovered is that unless the entire team is dead, you should just never attack zapdos first.

I can't tell you number of times, I've just laid in wait watching the other team struggle to take out zapdos, just to swoop in and either steal it,
    or take them all out myself with a well timed unite move because they're clustered together and have no health left. lol

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    I'm sorry but I have to rant or I'll go insane (though I'm starting to go that way regardless) and if that means another warning... then so be it.

I am so god damn f-ing sick and tired of afk's and people leaving when games start/middle of games/end of games/just in general. It ABSOLUTELY RUINS games and pretty much makes you forfeit/lose because CPUs just feed (I know because I use CPU Matches to lab/do dailies A LOT)

It's infuriating, sickening and I'm f-ing sick and f-ing tired of it always happening to me and never receiving any karma for it always happening to me.

It needs to stop. Period. End of story. The devs need to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING about this god damn BS problem. Reporting them works, I guess, but it's clearly not enough.

I just pisses me off to no end knowing that games are already IMPOSSIBLE because someone decided to be a f-ing a-hole and leave the game at the start, middle, or end.

Yes. I'm tilted. You really expect me not to be? Completely legitimate reason.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    I don't play this game not good at Pvp games but I do like watching people play it

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    lol I feel you man, I've been there, and unfortunately there really isn't anything to do about it.
    Reporting doesn't really work, you lose 10 points, no big deal.
    Play a bunch of quick games and give some likes or friend requests, or get mvp and it comes back quick enough.

Blocking also does nothing, or not when I tried it, I blocked someone once, only to see them right there on my team again in my next match.

From what Ive seen its a mix of people giving up, and bad internet or the game being buggy.

I have good internet but a few times my fps would just drop to bare nothing out of the blew,
    or the game would disconnect me at the start of the match with no choice but to close the game and restart.

another time my controller got disconnected, and would reconnect leaving me frozen stock still for 2 full minutes
    until it finally reconnected.

one time I almost won a match where I got stuck with 3 afk though.
    but there was a bit of luck in that, as I was able to ensure they stayed in base, before someone tried to get them to follow them.

think we somehow only lost by a few points, in the end.

but that did teach me that a hard carry can only get you so far.
    my other teamates never scored their goals, so I just couldn't make up the difference.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    went back to unite for a day, and remembered all the things I hated, just had a match where my dumb teamates just
    refused to surrender.

Here's the problem, we hadn't taken out a single goal, and every one of our goals was eliminated by before we hit the 3 minute mark!!

and I'm going to lose points, when these guys report me for leaving this match.

smh.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Personally... I've been going back and forth with this game way too much.

From wanting to outright quit it and being too frustrated with it to then all of a sudden CARRYING WHOLE GOD DAMN TEAMS ON MY BACK because my teammates are all incompetent morons 95% of the time.

HARD CARRIED AS GOD DAMN TOP LANE PIKACHU (I didn't even call jungle) IN RANKED a few days ago

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I don't know what to do with this game anymore tbh. I feel obligated to keep trying because I put money into it.

Back