• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile Pokémon Unite Megathread

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Personally... I've been going back and forth with this game way too much.

From wanting to outright quit it and being too frustrated with it to then all of a sudden CARRYING WHOLE GOD DAMN TEAMS ON MY BACK because my teammates are all incompetent morons 95% of the time.

HARD CARRIED AS GOD DAMN TOP LANE PIKACHU (I didn't even call jungle) IN RANKED a few days ago

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I don't know what to do with this game anymore tbh. I feel obligated to keep trying because I put money into it.

Dude I absolutely understand what you feel.

...I just had a match with 3 beginners, and one expert, and all these dumb people stole my jungle!
    Literally the entire team was in the central area and no one was on goal?!! just wtf

and I know all those idiots are going to report me for leaving the match. smh

and yeah sounds like you fell into the trap.
    I never spend money in moba's the few times I play them, I learned that lesson the hard way.

You spend money for the shiny new unit, put in time and effort testing and getting your character setup exactly how you want them,
    then suddenly the devs decide to nerf you to heck.

and all your money and time are wasted.

and though you're not having fun because the thing you loved is gone, you're still stuck in it,
    hoping to find another way to recapture that enjoyment you once had,
    and make the money you already spent feel like it was worth it again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I think they changed how the idle penalty and fair play point systems work.

Because my score keeps dropping and it never seems to go up?

and I think they're docking points even for small idle periods now too.

I really think I hate this game now. am I even enjoying this?

at this point, I'm forced to play the game just so I can get enough points to play the game!
    even if a match is clearly a lost cause, I can't just stay in base, or I lose points.
    And the points don't even come back over time if you don't play.

This system is so dumb.
    So now I'm going to be forced to constantly int instead, so I'm not idle until the match ends. smh.

It feels like it just doesn't pay to go solo que,
    and you should just only play this game with friendly teams,
    to avoid all the bots and trolls/fools.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    I only put money in the game so I could get some pokemon faster and for the battle pass. That was it. That's all I spent real money on.

But it's still enough to make me feel like I can't quit playing this game even though i kind of want to at this point

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    yeah that was the trap.

I'm ready to say screw this game, worked like crazy to get my points back up with only 5 a day, so I could actually play standard matches again.

Now my system died on me mid match, and you know what I find as soon as I get back in?
    I was docked 25 points!!

wtf is this idiotic penalty system.
    There' no way to get that back, I'd have to play an hour of cpu matches every day
    for over a week just to be able to play a normal match again. screw this.

even worse I plugged it back in within 5 seconds, the only reason I couldn't get back in, was the stupid system can't start immediately after being plugged in.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    gosh darn dangit, I keep falling down this rabbit hole, spent hours grinding to get a new mon, I'd practiced with him a bit and he seemed cool.

So after a week I was finally able to get the one I wanted, ...Charizard. and he stinks to high heaven. -__-

Practice mode, is truly a joke, yes one on one has its uses, but you can't get the full picture until you're actually in a match.
    i.e a 5 on 5.

Charizard seemed great one on one but in a match its apparent all the issues that come with his main attack being his basic attack, that he has to do at close range.

and since its a basic attack, it can get stunned and stopped unlike practically any other move.
    So if I get hit, my basic attack just stops, and I do practically 0 damage.

it doesn't slow or stun, and the range is short so I have to follow the enemy to do damage.

And he's slow.

I can't believe he's so bad that even after the buffs he's still bottom tier.
    That was such a waste of coins.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    I am in a love hate relationship with this game I want to love it but it is hard too I feel all the Pokémon are broken

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    I made it back into Vet Class 1. With Randoms of all people shockingly enough.

At this point... I think I'm probably quitting Ranked until the end of the current Season/beginning of next Season (even then I don't really like the prospect of going through HELL again)

Because it's become abundantly clear to me that Ranked is impossible BS. For me at least.

It really is getting to the point that Pokken was at for me. So in other words... there are legitimate times when I think it would just be overall better if I just outright quit in general.

Even the Discord I found that was nice is unhelpful now because even they are starting to block people because of their Rank. Despite the fact it's not how it started it's going more towards that route and it's absolutely BS.

People are just selfish a-holes who only care about themselves instead of helping people. Let alone helping people who are new to MOBA's in general (so in other words me). It's not even just me. There's someone else who's new to MOBA's on this Discord who is in Great Class that I sometimes play with (not Ranked though lol) and they won't even help her either.

So you can see how this is starting to go. It was practically the same with Pokken except there they just refused to help people improve in-general or help them figure out what they are doing wrong. Same here.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I made it back into Vet Class 1. With Randoms of all people shockingly enough.

At this point... I think I'm probably quitting Ranked until the end of the current Season/beginning of next Season (even then I don't really like the prospect of going through HELL again)

Because it's become abundantly clear to me that Ranked is impossible BS. For me at least.

It really is getting to the point that Pokken was at for me. So in other words... there are legitimate times when I think it would just be overall better if I just outright quit in general.

Even the Discord I found that was nice is unhelpful now because even they are starting to block people because of their Rank. Despite the fact it's not how it started it's going more towards that route and it's absolutely BS.

People are just selfish a-holes who only care about themselves instead of helping people. Let alone helping people who are new to MOBA's in general (so in other words me). It's not even just me. There's someone else who's new to MOBA's on this Discord who is in Great Class that I sometimes play with (not Ranked though lol) and they won't even help her either.

So you can see how this is starting to go. It was practically the same with Pokken except there they just refused to help people improve in-general or help them figure out what they are doing wrong. Same here.

dang, I can hep you figure some stuff out if you want?

Do you have any aspect of the game or characters in particular you're unsure about?

I don't do voice chats, and I can only join in a cpu match if you wanted to do a game together,
    since this stupid system dropped me all the way to 45 points.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    dang, I can hep you figure some stuff out if you want?

Do you have any aspect of the game or characters in particular you're unsure about?

I don't do voice chats, and I can only join in a cpu match if you wanted to do a game together,
    since this stupid system dropped me all the way to 45 points.

I appreciate the sentiment. I really do.

However... as I attempted to do my dailies last night... I was just kind of sitting there and I was like 'I can't do this BS anymore'

So right now... I've effectively quit.

I could rant about the multiple reasons why for a long time. But the main reasons are basically...

1. To many incompetent players
    2. Solo-queue Ranked is IMPOSSIBLE BS
    3. Zapdos mechanic either needs changed or SEVERELY nerfed. Devs have proven to refuse to do so.
    4. Wigglytuff is EXTREMELY OP and needs a MASSIVE nerf. Pretty much same as above. You can forget about winning any match (most definitely in Ranked) if it's on the opposing team. If it's on your team? It still depends on the player honestly but congrats on the free win!!
    5. Toxic players
    6. No help or support for first time MOBA players
    7. (continuation of 6 really) People are selfish a-holes and won't help anyone improve because they want to always keep the 'status quo'. So in other words it's exactly like Pokken in that regard. They just expect you to get lucky in solo-queue (IMPOSSIBLE) or to 'get good' which is seriously just the best advice ever. I swear. It really is. If someone said that to me in real life... I'd f-ing punch them in their god damn face

So... yeah...

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    well good luck, I've quit 3 times already and I'm still here unfortunately.

yeah I said it when it happened and everyone was so excited for it, but wigglytuff really didn't need buffs.
    I liked the defensive stat buff, but buffing sing was the worst possible thing they could have done.

as long as I have a competent team dealing with zapdos isn't usually a big issue.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I appreciate the sentiment. I really do.

However... as I attempted to do my dailies last night... I was just kind of sitting there and I was like 'I can't do this BS anymore'

So right now... I've effectively quit.

I could rant about the multiple reasons why for a long time. But the main reasons are basically...

1. To many incompetent players
    2. Solo-queue Ranked is IMPOSSIBLE BS
    3. Zapdos mechanic either needs changed or SEVERELY nerfed. Devs have proven to refuse to do so.
    4. Wigglytuff is EXTREMELY OP and needs a MASSIVE nerf. Pretty much same as above. You can forget about winning any match (most definitely in Ranked) if it's on the opposing team. If it's on your team? It still depends on the player honestly but congrats on the free win!!
    5. Toxic players
    6. No help or support for first time MOBA players
    7. (continuation of 6 really) People are selfish a-holes and won't help anyone improve because they want to always keep the 'status quo'. So in other words it's exactly like Pokken in that regard. They just expect you to get lucky in solo-queue (IMPOSSIBLE) or to 'get good' which is seriously just the best advice ever. I swear. It really is. If someone said that to me in real life... I'd f-ing punch them in their god damn face

So... yeah...

Well good luck, I've quit 3 times already, and I'm still back on this thing.

I can deal with zapdos when I have a competent team with me, and I was ok with the defensive stat buffs to wigglytuff.

I was probably one of the first to say, it really didn't need a buff.
    but buffing sing was the worst thing they could have done.

It's impossible to escape from now.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Honestly, I stopped playing about a weekish after I got it. I can only get through one maybe two games before getting bored and having to put it down. I haven't really played it in over a month.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Honestly... even if things DRASTICALLY change for the mobile release (Ranked, afks, Zapdos, etc.), which is EXTREMELY DOUBTFUL I probably won't go back to it

I've felt A LOT better since I stopped

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I hate the people that play this game, after getting my points back (the hard way) I tried my hand at ranked again.

Only to have 3 matches in a row of idiots trying to pick zeraora, cinderace, and greninja...ALL IN THE SAME MATCH!!

and all trying to jungle.

The only difference between the 3 matches was in one you could swap out one of the aforementioned characters for blastoise and gengar.

I don't know why in the world people say ranked is the real/serious game, I see more dumb players in ranked than normal matches,
    which is why I prefer playing standard matches.

To anyone reading this, if you're looking for a nice fun game, something to enjoy in your downtime,
    never play ranked.

I'm honestly almost at the point to just warn people off this game in general.
    if you want to play a skill game definitely don't play this, it'll only frustrate.

Last edited:
    I feel like I enjoy this a lot more when I watch others play than when I play myself lol. I logged in for a bit for the log-in bonuses but still haven't played much since. I'm assuming at this point there is a massive gap between spenders and free-to-play players, what with all those items and other things you can pay to upgrade. Sorry you guys are getting so stressed over it. Stopping playing, at least for a bit, makes sense at that point. :x

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    I am like everyone else I don't enjoy this gane at all when I play I just get mad at it

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Well... to be completely truthful... I guess it depends on how MAJOR the changes actually are. That's even assuming they do anything at all of course.

Like... if they actually make an effort to make changes to the things that are MAJOR problems (Zapdos, Ranked, afks, Wigglytuff, etc.) then I might consider trying it again.

However... considering the devs ineptitude to do so before now despite how long this game has already been out and the NUMEROUS fan complaints on said issues... it has me feeling like it is EXTREMELY unlikely that they will do anything at all or even anything period.

So if that's truly the case... I'll just continue focusing on Trails of Cold Steel 1 instead. 😐

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    If I do play this game again I will not be doing ranked in other games that is normal for me anyway I just play for fun

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    SIGH, I finally start enjoying the game, and now they nerf everything to heck.

I should have known better, I'm done with this game.

not to mention how absolutely broken some of the ideas they are coming up with soon are.

instant lvl 30 items seriously?!

Back