• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile Pokémon Unite Megathread

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    No common sense changes with the patch for mobile launch.

So in other words... I stay fully done with this game. Unsurprising.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Yeah these changes suck, and nothing that actually needed to be changed or fixed was.

What about the broken matchmaking, where its near impossible to get a good match
    because you're constantly matched with beginners?

What about the death timer, that punishes players for playing well, if you score a lot of points and don't die until the last two minutes
    you can be out of the game for an entire minute, which is 3-6 times the normal duration, while everyone else comes back much faster.
    (the normal time is usually 15 seconds, other times it can be between 20, or 25)

Instead of fixing the problem with wigglytuff's ability cute charm, where it cancels basic attacks, and other close range moves that target it, before they can do damage;
    they reduced the activation delay, so it can activate even MORE often. wth!!?

and stall tactics, and snorlax strats are just dead.

snorlax has nothing now, if he uses yawn, a stray basic attack, will instantly wake them.

There's just no nuance, or anything to play around with, if snorlax is alone he can't get the kill,
    all he can do is yawn them, and then just stand there, because they'll be out longer that way.

Or hope someone else comes along before they wake up that can do damage,
    its not even useful in a zapdos fight anymore, with attacks going off left and right, they'd wake up as soon as they went to sleep!

In game communication settings are still crap as well, you can only send alert message every 5 seconds,
    but its easy to make a mispress, with the dang joycon drift etc.

So you try to say retreat, and it ends up telling them to keep attacking, and you're just stuck.

I'd love to be able to keep playing this game, it has plenty of potential, but it just keeps getting worse instead of better.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    My curiosity got the better of me.

WTF happened to this game? Seriously?

I lost a bot match. A FREAKING BOT MATCH. Either I'm way out of practice or things have changed DRASTICALLY.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    My curiosity got the better of me.

WTF happened to this game? Seriously?

I lost a bot match. A FREAKING BOT MATCH. Either I'm way out of practice or things have changed DRASTICALLY.

oh yeah, that changed a while ago, cpu matches used to be super easy, but they redid the ai,
    what happens is they spawn progressively faster and target whoever is doing the most damage.

Previously you could easily rack up like 30 kills in a cpu match,
    last I played one I actually died, because they would be spawning in so fast,
    and at one point the whole team would be dropping in on a goal to take me out.

It's not necessarily a bad thing they're improving ai, but I'd really just prefer cpu matches be super easy.
    I doubt anyone really wanted them to be more difficult.

Especially when they were the fastest, and sometimes only way to increase fair play level.

edit: matchmaking is still the worst.

even when I get matched with master rank players they're idiots that are trying to jungle with snorlax the whole match. 😵

Not only that they somehow managed to ruin both Charizard and Cramorants Unite moves!!

wth

I'm using a max level energy amplifier AND an X attack for my cramorant, and I can't manage to guarantee kills with this thing anymore!
    Venusaur just giga drained and walked right through it.

Last edited:
    Started playing a bit more often! Though of course I still am not that amazing of a player since I'm only rank 8 lol. I mainly use Alolan Ninetales... should actually look up a playstyle/moves guide to see if there are any better sets to go with, since I just choose moves randomly otherwise. I'm not sure it's very good but I really like the mon. Lucario and Snorlax will wreck me either way :'D

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Started playing a bit more often! Though of course I still am not that amazing of a player since I'm only rank 8 lol. I mainly use Alolan Ninetales... should actually look up a playstyle/moves guide to see if there are any better sets to go with, since I just choose moves randomly otherwise. I'm not sure it's very good but I really like the mon. Lucario and Snorlax will wreck me either way :'D

I say take it slow and pace yourself, if you want to keep playing,
    and also I believe the only thing you really need is to know if they do special or physical damage with their moves.

after that just try some stuff out in practice mode.

If you want a vid I recommend checking anything out by superteeds on youtube, she explains things the best.
    and her voice is just nice to listen to. :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    So weird stuff, I think the game is broken:?

Since the last update, 1.2.5, I've been trying to get matches but I only get bot matches.
    Which are pretty pointless to play.

Usually all my teammates start with blank selections,
    Then somehow don't pick cinderace and greninja or the newest pokemon all the time.

Spam "retreat" for no apparent reason at odd moments, and are just generally bad on both sides.

The best way to tell if its a bot match, is if you're winning, or as soon as the clock hits 4:59 hit the surrender button.

If your entire team immediately surrenders...its a bot match.

I've gotten 10 in a row at this point, not seeing a reason to keep playing if this is all I'm going to get now,

Worse still, you can't get out, until half the game is over and even though you're the only actual person there...

You'll still be docked points if you don't stay in the game. *facepalm*

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    I've fully given up on this and have just fully moved on with my life now. Seems like you should do the same.

But obviously up to you in the end.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    This gane has dropped down twitch people who I watch have stopped playing it apart from a drive

Since the last update, 1.2.5, I've been trying to get matches but I only get bot matches.
    Which are pretty pointless to play.

I think they said they're looking into this now, hopefully it's resolved soon if it isn't already @_@

I gotta say I'm really baffled at their decision to release skins costing $25 or so? That's just way too much. x_x

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I think they said they're looking into this now, hopefully it's resolved soon if it isn't already @_@

I gotta say I'm really baffled at their decision to release skins costing $25 or so? That's just way too much. x_x

thanks for the update, and lol, I'm guessing you haven't seen the latest skin, which is 40 bucks. XD

it does seem to have gotten somewhat better though.

with how bad matchmaking already was, I'm kind of wishing they'd held off on the cross play for a little longer, (like just a month would have been great)
    to keep the normal game from being hit with an massive influx of noobs.

Just makes it even harder to get a good match and forcing more people into ranked only play, which is its own problem.

Last edited:
    thanks for the update, and lol, I'm guessing you haven't seen the latest skin, which is 40 bucks. XD

it does seem to have gotten somewhat better though.

with how bad matchmaking already was, I'm kind of wishing they'd held off on the cross play for a little longer, (like just a month would have been great)
    to keep the normal game from being hit with an massive influx of noobs.

Just makes it even harder to get a good match and forcing more people into ranked only play, which is its own problem.

ahaha yeah, I saw the costumes around the same time I posted. Fortunately I was able to buy the character outfit version of the pretty purple one since I had a lot of the currency needed for it, but Ninetales's Holowear.... whaat?! It's so expensive!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Nevermind the bot match issue is still just as bad as before.
    If I understand it correctly,
    the problem is they have it set to give you progressively, lower quality matches the more you lose.

Eventually dropping you in bot matches.

Problem is being matched with bad players is the likeliest reason for losing.

So the built in mechanic is feeding into and causing the bot match problem.
    And I don't want to play a bot match, so I just surrender whenever I get them, which puts me in another bot match.

The system is just bad, you could lose a match through no fault of your own,
    and be knocked lower, to lose again.

And even if the enemy team was just better, putting you in a easier lower tier match prevents you from growing.

Last edited:
    Years
    I definitely relate to what I'm hearing of complaints about the current state of the game. I myself get incredibly frustrated being forced to suffer with incompetent teammates regularly, as someone who mainly solo queues. People who just don't seem to even want to work together in the slightest, no matter how much I ping the living daylights out of the minimap or try to force myself to follow others on my team regardless if I disagree with where we are headed (lol).

I'm also in firm agreeance on the way Zapdos is setup, especially the whole 'last shotting" him and the opposing team somehow miraculously stealing the buff and all the points for everyone on their team within the last minute of the game. Then rushing to instant drop more points into your team's goal zones then your team might have made the entire game, regardless of how hard your team's crushing the opposing team the entire time. That's just totally heart wrenching to go through when you are destroying them and the decision comes down to that last few moments of the game for a BS kill steal. (It happens far too often. Enough so, I've learned to get good at doing it myself to avoid it happening to me and my team and playing cheap like that isn't really my thing.)

But aside from those reasons, I still believe that Unite has a very solid base for a game and it sucks me back in every time, even after I find myself rage quitting after some games.

If the matchmaking formula could be tweaked maybe, with possibly more options given to players for game choices to play, maybe that could help with the horrible teams solo queue tends to put us into? I don't know, that's a difficult issue to solve I think. If there were more effort on the developers part to separate those of us who want to work together as a team; even in solo queue, and those of us who are more interested in killing level 3 jungle mons all game; even at lvl 10+, then I think that big major complaint I personally find the most upsetting could be fixed to some extent at least.

If anyone is interested in seriously grouping up and playing together. I play a mean Zeraora or Lucario with how broken they still are. As well as a hell of a defender between Snorlax, Slowbro, Greedent, and Wigglytuff (that's right, I said wiggly is a defender instead of supporter. Let's be real here, that's how wiggly currently plays/shines and its ridiculous really.) I can also play a decent enough Eldegoss heals if anyone is looking for some actual support on their team.

If any of y'all are stuck in the same frustration boat of solo q as myself, let's UNITE! (lol)

Honestly, I expected it to be difficult to find teammates who actually understand/respond to the in- game messages and know what they're doing - it's Pokémon and a lot of children are always going to be playing. MOBAs like these are easy to get upset over and need to step away from, so I totally support breaks (and am currently on my own). But I'm not sure what more they can do to encourage better play. People will need to read some guides and do some research to play their roles better and more clearly understand how to play, but I don't expect that from any Pokémon game because of all the children playing. Just how it is, but I can see it being frustrating for the serious players. :x

The Spectre

The Spectre
    Years
    The game isn't hard if you have a fully capable team by your side, unfortunately, I'm always getting stuck with teammates that have no clue what they are doing, they never go for Dreadnaw leaving that to me, they all die before Zapdos, and they hardly score, when I do happen to get a good team, I find the experience to be a lot more enjoyable.

Anyone still playing? I've been on a break for a few months now and honestly not sure if I'll end up getting back into it. Getting paired up with not-so-great players (understandably so since this is a kids' franchise, of course) and the competitive nature of it wore me out pretty quickly.

Gotta say, I love that new Wigglytuff outfit they released not long ago though!

Spoiler:

Too cute!

agravedigger

Fossil Maniac
    Years
    I like sitting back with a MOBA sometimes too, even though my preferred genre is rpg. the diversity of battlers, even though obvious fan favorites are still there, is quite fun. I like running talonflame :)

Back