• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Vega (and Altair/Sirius) - English Version

Years
How can you get a Magnezone? Is it via level up or stone or something?

(I know that Magmortar and Electivire are obtainable via stones; I'm not sure about the rest of the usually trade evolutions however)

Also, are there any good Grass-types prior to the postgame? I'm thinking about going with the Fire Starter for this run, and I need something to counter the Water-types I'm going to come up against.

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
Lord Comquat said:
How can you get a Magnezone? Is it by level up or stone or something?

It evolves by happiness

Lord Comquat said:
Also, are there any good grass types prior to the postgame? I'm thinking about going with the Fire Starter for this run, and I need something to counter the Water-types im going to come up against

I would recommend getting a Snalo in the Porcelia Forest. It's a great Water/Grass type with decent defenses. However, they are quite rare, and Porcelia Forest is only accessible after you get Rock Smash, so the 3rd gym is going to be a pain if you pick the fire starter with no resistance to water

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
Good hack but I got a huge problem, I rescued the guy on top of Mt.Snowfall and the rival gave me the Old Amber. When I try to receive the meteorite from the Radio Director it doesn't give me so I can't proceed beacuse of those stupid scientists.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 4, 2020
postgame , below the DH building, what's the requirement to go past the girl with unown to reach the teleporter?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 19, 2022
Several people are wondering why the director won't give them the meteorite. I missed a step in the first post's FAQ (but added it now) - you need to talk to the scientists first before he'll know to hand it over.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Wow. Someone translated this hack! I'm really impressed! I hope that we can soon see a 386 version of this hack in the Sideshow Showcase. It's kinda boring to wait until the leage to get the good fakemon. And a balance in the level curve would be great...

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Wow. Someone translated this hack! I'm really impressed! I hope that we can soon see a 386 version of this hack in the Sideshow Showcase. It's kinda boring to wait until the leage to get the good fakemon. And a balance in the level curve would be great...

yeah i agree, the pokemon variety in this hack is really crap in the early/mid game. you can use encounter cheat codes+random number generator to simulate a Randomizer run. I found that much more fun than a regular run, adds replayability

The difficulty is nice for those who want a challenge, but i feel an original hack like this should be made more accessible with separate difficulty patches so more people can play and experience it without being forced into the hack author's idea of difficulty, having to feel frustrated or made to resort to massively grind/cheat/save state.

some ideas to modify the difficulty
-make the normal trainers stronger (right now all of them are just laughable cannon fodder like the original games, its even more silly seeing DH members using X items on their crap mons). also making them stronger will give more XP to your mons reducing the need to grind.
-slightly reducing the level of gym leaders/elite trainers, at least the ones in the early game
- reduce the amount of monetary reward (right now the hack actually rewards you with a ton of $, seems the author of the hack expects one to spam pots/revive to make up for the level deficit forced upon the player, which is not the competitive way)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
hi i'm trying to play the game, i have the download,and a fire red rom but when it starts it doesnt go past the scene with gengar and the pikachu/machoke

anyone have any idea why?

Years
hi i'm trying to play the game, i have the download,and a fire red rom but when it starts it doesnt go past the scene with gengar and the pikachu/machoke

anyone have any idea why?
Wrong rombase (not fire red 1.0) or using emulator other than VBA (NO$GBA seems to have emulating problem for vega)
I can't think of anything aside from that two reasons

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
thank you. i thought i had 1.0 but i guess i didnt, now it won't go past the "your adventure is about to unfold" part then the screen turns black and stays

Last edited:
Years
Is there any lists of how Pokemon that doesnt evolve with leveling around there? and have special ways like stones, happiness etc.

Back