• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Poke-peeves or things that bugged you throughout D/P?

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2008
    it really mad me angry when some if the gyms were over leveled and the wild pokemon before those gyms were under leveled

like at the second gym, people had high teens low twentys and the wild pokemon before that gym were like level 10! how do you expect me to train against level 10 people

D:<

dr00

「ちこく」君
    Years
  • the text speed.
    and like others have said, the surf speed was really slow.

also trainers that spam things like hypnosis, hydro pump, iron tail, dragon rush etc. and hit EVERY SINGLE TIME DX

3. What is this "Fire" type of which you speak? I have never heard of it.

ah, so true. what were they thinking?
    i mean really...

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Just a few things that come to mind:
    - No more Dive or Whirlpool HMs.
    - Not enough regions accessable.

You've GOT to be kidding me you like those HMs? I've always hated HM moves... they're so annoying, because if you want to go somewhere, you make the long treck out there, and lo and behold, all of a sudden you need to have Cut, up-up-up You can't go there, you need rock climb... where do you think you're going without Rock Smash? Everyone knows Surf is the only useful Hidden Move simply because you can actually use it in battle without looking like a complete moron.

And the regions thing, that's true for every game except GSC which seems to be, by law the only Pokemon game you're allowed to love entirely, I have TONS of gripes for the 2nd generation, many things pissed me off about it, but everyone loves them so much, then you have the people who want remakes and keep saying "Nintendo is hinting at it because the B in Bidoof points to the fact that they're making a new game about Johto because I saw it coming and stuff and that's why it's happening." I did like GSC, I still do, but the game is extremely over rated... Unless you like trying to level up on level 20 somethings for Pokemon that are in the level 40 range. Yeah I'm looking at you Clair... and if you like abridged versions of a reigion just so you can go there with your now level 50 somethings and fight all their level 30 something trainers and the occasional Gym leader who is the only true threat, but at this point in the game you'll own every one of them.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • D/P bothered me in many ways, I'd rather not complain so much and focus on the positives, but here are a few. Level rate, one of the highest, but they should have made it higher, gosh, you could train just your starter and tear everything apart. They need to divide level rates, aka hard or easy option in the beginning. The lack of side quests bothered me, you followed the storyline, you did that extra island with very little, and bam you're all done folks. =/ I didn't like how short it was. Surf speed bothered me a tad.

I'll just leave it at that.

Hero_of_Time

The Hero of Time
    Years
  • My main ones?
    Island above Pkmn League in general.
    Combee and Cherrubi (I had a line of trees from Canalave to Sunnyshore and had to wait two days till i caught one)
    How the Battle Tower had to be fair and cut my 100s down to 50s stats and all.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Things i hate about the game so far, as i have just started.
    Encounters in caves/ while surfing. i am trying to get somewhere.
    Surfing speed
    Pokemon cries. make some new ones for the first gen. it bugs me to here the crappy sounding audio in a new game. The new ones sound cool until you've heard them five hundred billion times in a row.
    The safari zone. these pokemon are not rare you can go out side and catch these things for free.
    The Fact that you can not delete an hm move unless you find one guy in all of the land
    Game seems to have been slapped toghter realy quickly, lacks quality.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • You've GOT to be kidding me you like those HMs? I've always hated HM moves... they're so annoying, because if you want to go somewhere, you make the long treck out there, and lo and behold, all of a sudden you need to have Cut, up-up-up You can't go there, you need rock climb... where do you think you're going without Rock Smash? Everyone knows Surf is the only useful Hidden Move simply because you can actually use it in battle without looking like a complete moron.

And the regions thing, that's true for every game except GSC which seems to be, by law the only Pokemon game you're allowed to love entirely, I have TONS of gripes for the 2nd generation, many things pissed me off about it, but everyone loves them so much, then you have the people who want remakes and keep saying "Nintendo is hinting at it because the B in Bidoof points to the fact that they're making a new game about Johto because I saw it coming and stuff and that's why it's happening." I did like GSC, I still do, but the game is extremely over rated... Unless you like trying to level up on level 20 somethings for Pokemon that are in the level 40 range. Yeah I'm looking at you Clair... and if you like abridged versions of a reigion just so you can go there with your now level 50 somethings and fight all their level 30 something trainers and the occasional Gym leader who is the only true threat, but at this point in the game you'll own every one of them.

I can't even begin to explain how much I love this post.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • It annoys me how Zubat/Golbat constantly pop up in caves every 4 steps. I also hate getting confused. But it's part of the game, so I deal with it.

Guitar God in Training

Glam Metal Rules
    Years
  • I hate when you're trying to sneak past a trainer who looks in random directions, and right when you think you know the right time to move, they turn and engage you in battle...

Damn them all. :pirate:

I haven't really noticed any cries since I play without sound to conserve battery life.
    I hate some of the new sprites for old pokemon. Mainly Suicune and Groudon, Suicune looks awful compared to gen 3 and Groudon just looks out of proportion now.

Also the surf speed and the low encounter rate in water are really annoying. Especially when EV training Sp. Attack, Defense and Sp. Defense against Golducks, Pellipers and Tentacruels.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2008
    What really annoys me is walking through mt coronet and geodude appearing every few seconds :@ . Also bidoofs and bibarels are just plain annoying.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2009
    Wow, reading this thread really points out the negatives. It was a hard choice to click into this thread, now I know why. XD

D/P bothered me in many ways, I'd rather not complain so much and focus on the positives, but here are a few. Level rate, one of the highest, but they should have made it higher, gosh, you could train just your starter and tear everything apart. They need to divide level rates, aka hard or easy option in the beginning. The lack of side quests bothered me, you followed the storyline, you did that extra island with very little, and bam you're all done folks. =/ I didn't like how short it was. Surf speed bothered me a tad.

I'll just leave it at that.

Sadly, I couldn't agree more. The difficulty wasn't as near comparable as to the first and second generation titles. Also the length of the game was slightly short with only fifty or so hours taken to complete the storyline. <_< Go figure.

Years
  • This is really just a stupid pet peeve, but I hate how they changed the spelling of certain attacks so they have a capital letter mid-word. SolarBeam. SonicBoom. PoisonPowder. DynamicPunch. ThunderShock. It just ... doesn't look right.

Also, I hate how the rival team's members always select from the same basic group of pokemon. In R/S/E, they used too many poison types. In Diamond/Pearl, there's too much Glameow, Golbat, Beautifly/Dustox lines, Croagunk, and Bronzor. I mean... why can't a Galactic Grunt have a Luxio? Or a Finneon? Or something of the starters' lines? Why are there certain pokemon that are almost exclusively reserved for Team Galactic? Eh, oh well, they were ludicrously easy anyway.

Shiori-Hikaru

Classy Pumpkin Cutie
    Years
  • This is really just a stupid pet peeve, but I hate how they changed the spelling of certain attacks so they have a capital letter mid-word. SolarBeam. SonicBoom. PoisonPowder. DynamicPunch. ThunderShock. It just ... doesn't look right.

Same here, I hate the stupid move capitalization.

Surfing speed..
    Ugh.

The stupid eveloutions of old Pokemon.. Electabuzz and Magneton..
    and don't forget Nosepass! It looks so freaking stupid after it evolves..

EndGame

Knower of things
    Years
  • can someone please tell me as to why there are so many geodudes and zubats all of a sudden? started the game over and i spent about 2 hours in one cave because geodude decided that i didnt whip him good enough the first 200 times so we had it out again EVERY THIRD STEP! and why, why oh why, why is shaymin a legendary? not to mention its a legendary you cant get by "legal" terms unless you go to some crazy little event where they are just handing the cute lil bugger out to anyone with a ds system and an IQ slightly higher than the number of times they have picked up a woman by mentioning that they live with about 200 cats.

i feel better after getting that out.

Back