• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Minecraft Server - Join the fun!

Will you be a part of the PokeCommunity Minecraft experience?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 73 97.3%
  • Minecraft's for little kids, pfff no!

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    So it's way too much effort to get back so I'm just gonna live on an island now lol. Wobbu and I are poking around another monument and we've got a nice base set up but it'd be nice to get home easily so if anyone wants to go build me a nether shortcut... :3c Calculator says put it at nether coords 195, 63, 166 to show up on my beach. Actual coords are 1565, 63, 1332.

Do you want me to teleport the both of you back to Verdanturf?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    So it's way too much effort to get back so I'm just gonna live on an island now lol. Wobbu and I are poking around another monument and we've got a nice base set up but it'd be nice to get home easily so if anyone wants to go build me a nether shortcut... :3c Calculator says put it at nether coords 195, 63, 166 to show up on my beach. Actual coords are 1565, 63, 1332.

I actually built a portal to the monument I conquered, it's actually a really useful strategy. I will see if I can gather enough obsidian to help you, but I can't find much lava lately.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Do you want me to teleport the both of you back to Verdanturf?
    Nah we do wanna hang there; I just really want a shortcut. :P
    I actually built a portal to the monument I conquered, it's actually a really useful strategy. I will see if I can gather enough obsidian to help you, but I can't find much lava lately.
    Thank youuu. :3 I kept intending to have someone tag-team our portal with me- like, me going in and destroying it and they coming back through to generate a new one. Never got around to it oops.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    So what happened today was very eventful.

> Went to the XP farm and got me a decent Power 3 Unb 2 Punch 1 Bow I named Catnip Evergreen
    > GOT MY FIRST DIAMOND THAT I NAMED Gunner's Beloved
    > Made some progress in my base
    > Named my armor

:) and the best part, didnt lag that bad :33

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Well, I've started to get an error which is preventing me from logging in.

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Apparently tearing down my tree farm helps the lag over there a bit so I guess I'm killing that whole idea. Even more motivation to move to the country. :/

Salzorrah

Years
    BREAKING NEWS

So the server is currently down. Apparently Matt is doing something to the server, I don't know if how long will that be, just to let you guys know.

Update: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Matt wiped the items away. No more inventory and chests, Nadah, ALL EMPTY. >.>

Update 2: Apparently all the 1.8 stuff are gone as well. We will look for more as time passes by.

Update 3: It seems to only affect Armor Stands, Fences, and the like. Polished Andesite seems to be stable. We are still looking for more damage to the world.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    So here's the deal. Because of the increase of stealing on the server, I had to revert the world to a 1.7 state, which in the process removed anything 1.8 related (including monuments and stuff earned there.) Because of this action, I hypothesize that the server itself had to reset the item list because all inventory items are gone as well as any items you may have had in chests. However, the world itself - i.e. the town and any buildings you may have had - still stand tall and I believe that's the most important part here.

The server itself was on Vanilla before, which inadvertently does not support any plugins. What this means is that there would have been no way at any point to put in plugins that would have allowed users to protect their items and stuff from griefing and robbery. As such, I took the Beastnode staff's advice and used a Spigot model which on paper should have worked to support 1.8 - as legit, the world name of it is "Mod: 1.7.10 (Build #1647 - 1.8 Supported)" - but for some bizarre reason it only supported the plugins and not 1.8. Hence, the position we are currently in.

As stated, items have been lost. However, I strongly believe that the gains outweigh the losses here. Not only did we gain the ability to lock our chests from theft again, but I gained my admin powers back, which means I can replace every single item that you lost. I don't need legitimacy if you had the item, enchanted or not, I can and will replace them for you. Down below, please create a list of all the items you need and I will place them in a locked chest in your house. I will be providing this service for 2 weeks time until September 27th, so please let me know what you need and I'll get it for you.

For Lockette to work, all preexisting chests need to broken and then placed again with the sign on it. Any chests that you had and aren't replaced are not protected and thus can be subjected to griefing.

Before you ask, I'm not reverting the server back to the Vanilla version. Again, I believe the gains are seriously outweighing the losses here as everything can be replaced once more. I was tired of hearing about people getting robbed left and right and I wasn't going to wait for a plugin that may not ever come out considering the amount of plugins that I've viewed that have been abandoned and not patched for further versions. However, just to make absolutely sure this isn't fixable with the item loss, I have contacted Beastnode to see if this was a glitch in the system and it's possible to get everyone's items back (because on paper, this shouldn't have happened.) If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to let me know.

Last edited:

Salzorrah

Years
    So here's the deal. Because of the increase of stealing on the server, I had to revert the world to a 1.7 state, which in the process removed anything 1.8 related (including monuments and stuff earned there.) Because of this action, I hypothesize that the server itself had to reset the item list because all inventory items are gone as well as any items you may have had in chests. However, the world itself - i.e. the town and any buildings you may have had - still stand tall and I believe that's the most important part here.

The server itself was on Vanilla before, which inadvertently does not support any plugins. What this means is that there would have been no way at any point to put in plugins that would have allowed users to protect their items and stuff from griefing and robbery. As such, I took the Beastnode staff's advice and used a Spigot model which on paper should have worked to support 1.8 - as legit, the world name of it is "Mod: 1.7.10 (Build #1647 - 1.8 Supported)" - but for some bizarre reason it only supported the plugins and not 1.8. Hence, the position we are currently in.

As stated, items have been lost. However, I strongly believe that the gains outweigh the losses here. Not only did we gain the ability to lock our chests from theft again, but I gained my admin powers back, which means I can replace every single item that you lost. I don't need legitimacy if you had the item, enchanted or not, I can and will replace them for you. Down below, please create a list of all the items you need and I will place them in a locked chest in your house. I will be providing this service for 2 weeks time until September 27th, so please let me know what you need and I'll get it for you.

For Lockette to work, all preexisting chests need to broken and then placed again with the sign on it. Any chests that you had and aren't replaced are not protected and thus can be subjected to griefing.

Before you ask, I'm not reverting the server back to the Vanilla version. Again, I believe the gains are seriously outweighing the losses here as everything can be replaced once more. I was tired of hearing about people getting robbed left and right and I wasn't going to wait for a plugin that may not ever come out considering the amount of plugins that I've viewed that have been abandoned and not patched for further versions. However, just to make absolutely sure this isn't fixable with the item loss, I have contacted Beastnode to see if this was a glitch in the system and it's possible to get everyone's items back (because on paper, this shouldn't have happened.) If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to let me know.

"Mod: 1.7.10 (Build #1647 - 1.8 Supported)"

It means, it is running on 1.7.10 server side, and when you play 1.8 client side, it will work.

That probably is the reason why all of our items are gone, since 1.8 items (either new or old) will vanish when you revert back to an older version >.> Some of the 1.8 stuff is still here because it cant be interacted unless it breaks I guess. Like Polished Andesite for example.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Overall, I'm happy that our stuff is safe. I was constantly getting robbed by people. Some people discovered two of my chest areas and decided to help themselves to some of the hard-worked prismarine blocks that I fought to get. I didn't really appreciate the theft. Overall I trust you guys and love playing with you, but I don't like when my museum is vandalized AND my stuff is stolen.

Thank you, Matt, for hosting this fun place for us to enjoy and play together. It's been great and I am excited to see what we can do in the future. I hope everyone else is not too upset and especially that Matt will take the time to replenish any lost stock.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Sorry guys, I think I'm done.
    My animals are loose, my farms are trampled as a result, everything I worked for is gone. The only trees I have left are spruce; all my variant saplings are gone. I spent the last three days being very frustrated in an ocean monument and came back to town four hours ago with my lovely new things that I was going to make pretty buildings with. I spent a while after that organizing all my items into their proper chests and doing new signs for everything. Old signs don't display right. My pretty doors and fences and gates don't exist. Banners are gone. All my wool, dye, food stores, stone, wood, enchanted everything- all the things I had that I was having fun with.

Starting over isn't fun. I started over once voluntarily, when I switched from Craftrum to here. That was fine. I started over again, involuntarily, when the server was lost the first time. I was less okay with that but. Got on with it. Only had half a house anyway. Second loss of the server, not even okay. Had a finished house and all the materials I wanted to get going. Had farms and animals and horses even. At that point, I did say that I didn't think I could deal with that reset. Kept going anyway, because I liked who I was playing with. I wanted to see this project succeed. And I was still having fun, mostly.
    Now I'm not having fun. Losing everything is not fun. This is something I do in my downtime. I haven't really had time for it, but I've made time for it. Because I was having fun doing my own thing and hanging out. I'm no longer having fun. I really was enjoying 1.8 with everyone and the server in general. But I can't take this kind of loss again. It's frustrating and upsetting and I have enough damn stress in my life. It does not interest me to keep trying anymore.

It's kinda sad. I named this town, back when we were on Craftrum. I liked it a lot. In all the versions of Verdanturf I've built roads and farms and decorated and helped with community areas and tried to provide everything anyone would want because that's what's fun for me, is building and accumulating and being a total support class.
    I think it's harder to go from having everything, to having nothing in the same place, for it all to be empty. At this point in the game for me, it would be easier to completely start over, instead of trying to fill what has been lost. But I'm not going to do that, not in this world. I don't feel up to it.
    I kind of feel like I'm going to cry. It was kind of important to me, you know? Hanging out with friends, making pretty things, being mildly useful. But I really, really don't think that the theoretical good outweighs losing everything again. I don't understand why we couldn't have waited for 1.8 plugins. I don't know why we went 1.8 in the first place if plugins would die. I don't know why we couldn't have sussed out the thieves- "this stuff is missing? this person suddenly has this stuff? hmmmm." Well, at this point I can't really care. Only emotion I have is dejection, really.

Hah. Almost comes across as "things getting stolen? well let's not have anything to steal", doesn't it?

Good luck with your buildings and that. Might come back if you decide to host Geoff-style events. As in, give everyone what **** they need for the game. God knows I ain't gonna have anything.

TY

even though it can be regained, losing my **** once again just isn't fun anymore and i just messed up my doors by killing them :/

Also I never had the fun anymore I had when it started which also played in a role in this

Salzorrah

Years
    Well, if you really want to put it that way, and just replace the items, I kinda wish it is 1.8, since it looks like it got reverted to 1.7.10 :x

I'll give a list later of what will I need when you guys give another statement on this debacle :x

EDIT: I have confirmed that Matt reverted the world back to 1.7.10, that's why all the stuff is gone. Tried using the 1.7.10 version, and I could join the server, where you shouldn't if the server is 1.8

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I'm sorry but I'm done also. I didn't even agree to updating the server to 1.8 in the first place, as I knew that the performance issues were gonna come into play. Then I get told that the update was a forced update... which was a lie, as I see now the server is back to 1.7.10. I think I even said to someone to wait for 1.8.1 as 1.x (x being the number) is always the buggiest.

Matthew

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    It was pretty fun but I am out. Tear down my builds if you want. Have fun.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Since Penta and I are both out, feel free to do whatever with the house I guess. Farms in the basement are still set up if you want to tend them, there's a place to grow giant mushrooms, most of the sheep and chickens and rabbits are probably in there though certainly scattered. Ender Chest can be moved with Silk Touch if you get that again. Don't know how villager house is but the farms out there should still have melon, pumpkin, sugar cane, wheat, carrots, and potatoes and there should be trades up for those if you wanna get dia tools and certain enchants faster. Dont let them out the fences if you wanna keep them tho.

Years
    Like others I will now be leaving the server, all the stuff I worked hard to get is gone and some thinks like the Diamonds I had I never got to use.
    All my signs are messed up saying null on them and the town center lag is still as bad as ever, and with other people leaving the server all the time the multiplayer aspect gets worse.
    Of course it was fun whist it lasted and I would be happy to start again on a new server with you guys, but I feel this one has ran its course for me.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    I think many of you are rashly overreacting... He said he would reimburse us for the blocks we lost.

Not only did we gain the ability to lock our chests from theft again, but I gained my admin powers back, which means I can replace every single item that you lost. I don't need legitimacy if you had the item, enchanted or not, I can and will replace them for you.

Not only that, but the new blocks are still intact. The rail station that I built out of the new -ite blocks is still completely in existence, the Villager memorial still has its Prismarine Bricks, and, most importantly, Lord Granite still hails! The monument that Anna and I drained yesterday is still there, and still drained, and still composed of Prismarine. Better yet, I don't have to deal with the annoying Qwilfish anymore. This setback is only temporary until the plugins are updated to support 1.8.

I don't think you should vent your rage towards the server and Matt's decision, but rather towards the thieves and griefers who don't know how to play responsibly. You guys complained about your stuff being stolen, and this was the only way to fix it until the plugins are updated.

Just a minor issue: when you're inside a monument, the game thinks that you are flying and disconnects you from the server because flying is not enabled.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back