• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokegen coming to 6th Gen! Yay or Nay?

Will you use Pokegen for Gen 6?

• Yay

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Nay

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Idk lmao

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    I don't have a problem with Pokegen for making certain legends with IVs/Natures for Hidden Powers, getting 6 IVed Ditto (I did this for myself, should have made loads of them in hindsight, I have completely corrupted my BW2 sav/game from using Pokegen incorrectly in some cases), and transfer only moves such as Defog Lati@s.

People using it to make fully legal pokemon to save time isn't something I am against either but that is about it. Using it make things that are not "legal" is something I am against especially if you start trying to trade that stuff to someone online, possibly causing corruption of sav files

Crady

It ain't even bright in here
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    DAAAAAANG i cant get it to work!! The only thing i think is wrong is that i have a 3DS XL... should that be a problem? I got it for christmas in 2013 so i hope its not

Don't worry, I got mine @ 2013 too so that shouldn't be a problem.
    Your firmware needs to be 9.0-9.4 I believe.

Also if it doesn't work try clearing your 3DS' Browser history/cache. And if it still doesn't work try "initialize save data" (which is what I did last time it didn't work.)
    What doesn't work though? Is there a specific issue? You can try google "PCEdit" Look at my main post and you'll see what it does.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    This is awesome if it really sticks around. I love using PokeGen for my previous games. I hate breeding.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
  • I'm pretty indifferent to cheating devices in Pokémon. While I probably won't ever use anything like Pokegen, I don't have an issue with other players using it. Even if it'd be easier to simply make my pokemon, I love the process of breeding and training my pokemon in game too much. :)

Years
  • What really confuses me is the SD card reader part. I'm planning on trying this later today but that SD card reader part is really screwing with me :/

Edit: So I just tried downloading the software and I have a mac, which means I can't run it. I guess you do actually need a type of windows computer to use it.

Last edited:

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • So this is legit. Huh.

I don't know if I want to attempt this. If I do it would mainly to regain all the event Legendaries that I lost for the novelty (due to unfortunate circumstances but that story is for another time). At the same time I have this worry that my game save could be utterly ruined from missing certain steps or something.

I'll stick to the OG method of breeding and training though, thanks.

Crady

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    What really confuses me is the SD card reader part. I'm planning on trying this later today but that SD card reader part is really screwing with me :/

Edit: So I just tried downloading the software and I have a mac, which means I can't run it. I guess you do actually need a type of windows computer to use it.

Sorry, I'm not really following what you're saying.

Are you confused how to use an SD-Card Reader or...?

Pryze

Straight chillin
    Years
  • I'm no doubt going to be using this. Between work and school, I'm far too busy to breed Pokes, especially considering they'll just be obsolete after a few months or so.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • I'm gonna see how my Shiny Metagross fairs in competitive without breeding and if it fails me I'll give one of these deals a shot. I do not have the patience to breed one with 5 IV's from my 6IV-less Ditto pool.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Can't say that I would ever use Pokegen as I can obtain anything suitable through the easy rng/breeding methods.

Pokebank and GTS have some terrible filters, so I'm not surprised when there becomes a surplus of hacked Pokemon.

Clacla

karp karp karp
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    So for those who have actually tried this...

Will said Pokemon go through Pokemon Bank/GTS/Random Trade legitimately?

I just checked and as long as the Pokemon seem legitimate to the game, there aren't issues. Pokemon like Hoopa and Diancie for example, however won't trade because they are seen as events. They do save in the bank though.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • I just checked and as long as the Pokemon seem legitimate to the game, there aren't issues. Pokemon like Hoopa and Diancie for example, however won't trade because they are seen as events. They do save in the bank though.

Ah ok.

I never used Pokegen so I don't know whether or not how specific certain values are because honestly I rarely ever look into that so I think I may pass on attempting this anyway. I was just curious if this does pass through the Bank.

althoughifanyonewantstodoacoupleformeIwon'tmindheh

Clacla

karp karp karp
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    Ah ok.

I never used Pokegen so I don't know whether or not how specific certain values are because honestly I rarely ever look into that so I think I may pass on attempting this anyway. I was just curious if this does pass through the Bank.

althoughifanyonewantstodoacoupleformeIwon'tmindheh

The only checks I know of are IVs =< 31, EVs =< 510 (Individual =< 255), and no illegal moves, like Hydro Cannon on Magikarp.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I honestly don't want to use it. Maybe to transfer my old partners from previous gens since most of the Pokemon games here pre-Gen VI are bootlegs anyway and I want to bring them over to Gen VI? That's probably what I would do anyway. :/

Or get a bunch of breeding Dittos or maybe Synchronizers 'cause I'm too lazy to actually try and grab Synchronizers of every good nature. But yeah, that's the limit on what I would do.

I used to use Pokegen anyway 'cause I wanted to bring over my Gen 4 partners to Gen 5 haha. I honestly never used it to create competitive Pokemon. Plus, with the new breeding mechanics making it much, much easier, I'd prefer not to use it to make one.

Also, Showdown's a good way to test out teams in the making. :P

Crady

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    Basics then. Fair enough.

In addition to this, Hatch place, Egg recieved place and level met must be legal too. You can't meet a level 4 poke egg that came from an egg, you know that stuff.

You also can't have a starter in a dream ball (pretty obvious) Haven't really tested this one though.

Also egg moves needs to be legal too + Moves that pokemons can remember.

Crady

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    I honestly don't want to use it. Maybe to transfer my old partners from previous gens since most of the Pokemon games here pre-Gen VI are bootlegs anyway and I want to bring them over to Gen VI? That's probably what I would do anyway. :/

Or get a bunch of breeding Dittos or maybe Synchronizers 'cause I'm too lazy to actually try and grab Synchronizers of every good nature. But yeah, that's the limit on what I would do.

I used to use Pokegen anyway 'cause I wanted to bring over my Gen 4 partners to Gen 5 haha. I honestly never used it to create competitive Pokemon. Plus, with the new breeding mechanics making it much, much easier, I'd prefer not to use it to make one.

Also, Showdown's a good way to test out teams in the making. :P

Agreed. Well sorta anyway lol. We all have reasons, sometimes just because of our... morals I guess.

I really like your sig, most people should make anime sigs that actually loop and not take long to load - Usually they're pretty obnoxious anyway since the thing is either too short or too long.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • imo these kinds of devices are only useful for acquiring maybe movesets that require a GBA, original DS, and a handful of games to transfer up. Same with Pokéballs. I like the Pokémon I breed, though... Not a lot of time to do that nowadays, though.

I already have 6IV Dittos of most natures, so no need for me to use this :P

Back