• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
considering the spriter shortage that consistently plagues the pkmn hack realm, and i'm inability to sprite as i've said b4, i welcome mistersmeargle to the position of lead spriter. Welcome aboard.

Update time (I guess?)

Myself: lead designer, map touchups/finalizing, concept and story
Link119: co-mapper, secondary designer, approvals
Teh Blaziken: co-Mapper, sprite indexer
Mistersmeargle: Lead Spriter

• MS (if u dont mnd the shortening) pm, im msn me for info on an assignment i have for you.

• also there will be color changes to certain pokemon to adjust their colors to suit the enviroment better,
    bright colored ones may be toned down to give a better feel to the grim atmosphere ( think naranja if you will)
    currently there's only scizor who has gone from bright red into a very evil & updated look more suiting for him. sprites will be demoed in screenies in due time. :)

• the list of cuts from current pokemon gens has gone through finalizing, and 4th gen approvals are pending.

• major maps hve been completed and after small touchups may be posted afterwards.

• Thanx are due to blaziken for helping spur on major movement in my other mapper and my own scripting speed. He is a major asset to the team. (no pressure MS lol jk jk ;) )

ALSO: I hope to include a new interesting concept in this game as far as gameplay goes, details are highly classified atm but all I am willing to devulge is that i need confirmation on weather or not i can hex more than 5 evos to a given pokemon, as that will influence this idea slightly in it's execution.

Kk I have a few things to outline far ya'!
  • I would like to help with scripting if it is needed.
  • Don't forget to give me credit for the Scizor;) lol! Jk, Jk!
  • Thank you so much for all that thanks! it really means alot! More than you think!
  • BOL!

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
wow! Awesome story, it kinda sounds like a reverse Full Metal Alchemist story, I love it! I really do hope you can implement all the idea you have, 'cos they sound good too. :D

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
kebbles:

I don't usually help new hackers, but I'll map for u if u like.
I created Mystical Glacier, check out the thread, and yeah just PM if you want me to...
Best of luck.

thanks, and your help is welcome :)

Teh Blaziken:

Kk I have a few things to outline far ya'!

* I would like to help with scripting if it is needed.
* Don't forget to give me credit for the Scizor lol! Jk, Jk!
* Thank you so much for all that thanks! it really means alot! More than you think!
* BOL!

why not? i really do love your willingness to help me out. i was going to credit you when i revealed some of your work in the coming week. but *credits to tb for custom palletes and updated sprites for select pkmn (sizor currently only one)

Darthatron:
wow! Awesome story, it kinda sounds like a reverse Full Metal Alchemist story, I love it! I really do hope you can implement all the idea you have, 'cos they sound good too.

wow, the amazing darth. thanks for the support, your tools are sublime. as if you needed another person to tell ya that. :P

I wasn;t thinking specifically of fma, but that works out lol.

another day another update:
well music hacking has stumbled into the realm of alliance.

I have successfully managed to create midis of some song files i liked and currently messing with sappy to try to get it sounding right as well as get the right length for the songs, cause i woudl rather replace the old music, instead of just adding new stuff into it clogging the rom.

I hope these tracks'll help to add a unique flavor to the hack and give it differentiation from the rest out there.

Also in the market to add new tiles and palletes to the game, this is up in the air still as to when i'll get round to it. But most likely it'll be sooner rather than l8r.

still looking for an answer to my question that i said b4, got desprate enuff to toss into simple questions thread lol... if ANYONE can answer my question please do...

maps are on the way for display sumtime this week along with other media. stay posted.

Rock ON !!

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2016
Sounds pretty cool even if borrows a bit from digimon plots. Ya know the whole getting transported to the digita.... er pokeworld. But I cant wait to see when this gets made.

Neither can my cat, he is purring and staring at the computer.

Antwhan

Years
What's this? I've been able to force myself away from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, long enuff to provide an update after the hiatus it's been on.

As far as music goes....not so good....countless failed attempts mean it's a no go as it stands....

I got some work in the mapping department, but it's nt fixed w/ the new tiles/palletes. Speaking of those, we are going w/ the d/p base found on pho w/ pallete changes by the infamous TB PRo! I feel that they looks fantastic. Using this base means i need to remap some of the stuff now cause well the d/p trees are bigger and such. no biggie. I'll find time.

Moving on......Sprites! yes yes yes... We got a few to show off now dont we? Mistersmeargle has given us these Gorgeous sprites to use. now i've been faced with the bug of getting them inserted/indexed. also on the to do list. let's show off the sprites shall we?

Hero
malehero.png

Heroine
femaleheroine.png

Army Private
armyprivate.png

NOW....about these ingame....we need overworlds for these guys and the main probelm i've been running into is changing the palletes of the overworlds to wrk and making good ones @ that, sprites @ least. So, consider it a request for anyone w/ good overworld skills.

they need to be indexed and set up for insertion so unless anyone else wants to do that i'll take care of that someday soon.

well did i cover everything....alsmt i guess

Tanro:

Sounds pretty cool even if borrows a bit from digimon plots. Ya know the whole getting transported to the digita.... er pokeworld. But I cant wait to see when this gets made.

Neither can my cat, he is purring and staring at the computer.

I wasn't thinking about them actually. But know that i do think bout it it is similar to the plot of the 1st season at least.

Casting call is open as always: overworlds needed for those sprites, and to index them properly

anyway, progress has slowed mainly due to skool and BRAWL so pardon the speed we're just changing gears atm. :)

Rock On,
Antwhan

ajg.dude

Just a simple Hack lover.
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2009
off topic: (to 4fetter) buddy, I dunno what your trying to achieve with the above post, but your spamming. And your not only doing it on this thread. If you want to stay a dignified member of PC, I suggest you smarten up.

On topic: this is beginning to take shape and look like a good hack. And good luck with the music inserting, I have struggled with it in the past also.

Antwhan

Years
thanx for some imput about it. i love the critisim....

feel free to say at least what u think about it, not just post a line giving no remarks other than "idk aobut this hack."

well i guess there's no time liek the present for an update...

preview1.png

well as you can see, there has been work going on for the hack, and here's some proof of an in game screenshot...

as you can see, I'm using the d/p rombase i got on PHO, quite a nice base, i like the different tree sizes myself. Some custom overworlds to go with the hero(es) atm only the male is working ok.

Pallete changes are being made to numerous things, they've alrdy been applied to the overworlds for the mst part.

1st showing of hack will go up to the 2nd town, to help get the story's prologue out of the way and get you ready for the 1st story arc.

Something i plan on doing that i have not seen done before in a hack is a wide open area, like those in games such as zelda and dragon quest. Such an expanse may seem overwhelming to get used to but the exploration aspect i think will make it a very cool addition for it will give the world a much larger feel than other games have done as well as provide for many secret areas.

Fear not, the prologue will be ready for enjoyment in the coming weeks after some scripting is finished up and i feel confident with how it plays....

updating the 1st post with the banner and screen in a few....

anyway....we're goign to keep on truckin here on the Alliance Alliance ( see wut i did there >.< lol) Be ready for the unexpected as there are more secrets to this hack that will be revealed in due time.

Antwhan

Years
The hair is a little close to the grass in color so i may need to play test it 2 c if it gets bothersome or annoying to people.

also thanx for the comment on that.

Antwhan

Years
Well my friends, the time is nearing that o so faithful of ocasions.

the 1st showing. Some call it an alpha. Others, pre beta. Other's still, preview.

I call it the most important showing you can make.

The gravity of showing off hard work to your peers is daunting. Even moreso when you go little to no notice amist the sea of remakes and facepalming ideas some people try to implement. No offense to the hardworking creators of the these hacks, but stop with the remakes/rehashes or old ideas. Everytime i see some of the ideas that get huge attention, i look at it myself, only to lose a little bit more of hope for originality out there shown by the brave few who try to work for it.

Although the media shown is minor in comaprison to others at the moment, a major overhaul will be taking place w/in the following week or so, in which the Prolouge of my so called hack shall be shown off. This will give a taste of the game and ease you into the storyline.

While I cannot show you at the moment what you will eventually have, I can promise you Freeroaming expanse akin to those seen in the Legend of Zelda series. Yes such a thing i have not yet seen in any game out there. Why would I want to travel around a vast open area? you may ask. Well i feel it gives a sense of freedom and choice unlike the routes of old have given you. There will be some areas that are route like in that they are bound to a path, these however are not part of the expanse and vast land you will be given to explore. The diversity of such an area will mean that high risk early could lead to great prizes while those who play it safe and stick to the path will only see a fraction of the land and it's wonders.

Another thing I hope to provide is a true narrative, that is still lacking amidst much of the scene. I cannot vouch for some hacks out there, because i've been busy with my own. So this is in an effort against the offical games them selves. I hope to bring the most cinematic experience a pokemon game built on fire red can bring you.

For those who actually read all that, thank you for reading and you all get a prize of 1 piece of cake.
For the rest you get a brand new banner:

Code:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f55/Antwhan/development/28642339mj4.jpg

28642339mj4.jpg

It was made in collaboration with my one friend who doesn't come here so the credit falls to him.

So media dump tomorrow to accompany this very wordy bump of great justice for all.

UPDATE: Screens for the masses. Enjoy the preview.

openingfield1.png

openingfield2.png

Here we have some shots of what looks like a field, I wonder who that girl is over there. hmm... *wink*

cave1.png

I wonder what's inside this cave.

cave2.png

cave3.png

Odd cave... Seems different somehow...

base1.png

This... isn't where i came in....

base2.png

I wonder what's down those stairs? Hmmm....

route1.png

So confusing.... this isn't where our bus stopped...

So that's it.... The screens and all for now. I have been aflicted with the cursed pokescript that can not compile so dont expect videos of stuff anytime soon... things hopefully will work out well....

Last edited:

maximum911

Beggining Scripter
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2009
I can hel. I don't have any experience but at least I could make some banners, advertise on other forums.
I've got to start my hacking career somewhere don't I?

Last edited:

Antwhan

Years
Thanks for the banners. They are not the most flashy ones out there but they are good for a neophyte ot the general scene.

Anyway an update. Due to a miracle, I've found a way to compile scripts now myself. So things are going to be moving quicker.

Antwhan

Years
Attention to all.

I am going to release the prolouge sometime within the week and was wondering how everyone feels about the look of the game so far from the screens. Last minute changes to the graphics can be done fairly quickly and scripting is moving along nicely. The hair has been a worry for me, i was thinking about making it a darker green, but tell me how you all feel about it.

And an open request to mods here. I feel the time is right for change, don't you? If someone would be so kind as to move the thread on up to the showcase now i'll be eternally grateful. Sorry about this psudo-2x post

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Well the screenies look nice;) It all looks nice, And you're coming close to a release! Well, I think this thing is ready to move onto the Showcase, myself. Well, BOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back