• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Amie

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Pokémon Amie was so much meh. I didn't really see the point of it, other than getting some ribbon wizard of an Eeveelution. But down there is the PokéNav hands down. Obviously, they would add the Dowsing Machine and the features that are staple in the devices so far, and Amie could be one of the applications of it, but I don't really see more than that.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I hope they place Pokemon Amie into the PokeNav, personally. I really do hope to see it make a comeback. Being able to play with my Pokemon in my Secret Base while sitting on a pink chair watching shows on a Skitty-shaped TV sounds like the most amazing thing in the world, to me.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • That could work. I always thought it would evolve via Moon Stone so it would be neat if they were to change it to evolve via Moon Stone. Though evolution via Pokemon Amie works well too so why change it?
    That'd be cool, yeah. That'd make it too easy, though, so I'm hoping that Amie makes a return. Though by "easy" I mean the hardest thing in the world because somehow there were never enough Moon Stones in RSE... :|

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Pokémon Amie was a big fan favourite. In X&Y, it was one of the most enjoyed features by players. Nintendo tend to hold onto things that do well, and assuming that we have a game in the same full 3D style as X&Y; it won't be too much bother for them to bring Amie into the new games. I imagine that if these games are set further on in the timeline than the original Ruby/Sapphire games, then we might see a new version of the PokéNav with some of the new features from the more recent games.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I definitely hope they turn the bottom screen into a menu with tabs that allows you to have things. Contest stuff such as your Pokemon's stats, Pokeblock storage, ribbon list, Pokemon Amie, etc. I just hope they use the bottom screen to their advantage. Something like the Poketech would be amazing.

Maybe they could use Pokemon Amie for contests as well?
    I just hope the contests won't be useless like musicals. They were the biggest disappointment of my life in gaming.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2014
    I would definitely love to see the Amie feature in these new games, as it was one of the things that made me most enjoy X and Y. :)

Katunei999

Katunei
    Years
  • I'll be really disappointed if Pokémon Amie isn't brought back. For the first time in forever, you could actually interact with your Pokémon. You could feel close to them, and play with them and feed them treats. You could bond. It is one of my favourite features in X and Y, and I think it would be amazing to go back and visit the region of my childhood while being able to interact with all of the Pokémon that I catch.

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~
    Years
  • I hope not. I feel like Pokemon Amie works for Kalos because it's a French pun whereas Hoenn is based off a Japanese region. I'd much rather they either put the PokeNav at the bottom or create something completely new that fits the tone of Hoenn.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Well, in FR/LF you couldn't get Espeon or Umbreon because they didn't add the (then new) day/night feature. Likewise, in HG/SS you couldn't get Leafeon or Glaceon because they didn't bring any Moss or Ice rocks back.

I really hope this doesn't mean no Pokemon Amie, though...
    But you could trade them from games that could! Which means that if Pokemon Amie inevitably doesn't return then one could just get a Sylveon traded from XY.

LiquidForce

The Upper Downer
    Years
  • I think it would be very cool if amie returns in ORAS, but I would like some new features in amie. Maybe something with your character, I mean that your character can play with them. Or let the Pokémon walk with you again like in HGSS, so that you just can talk with them to play.

Years
  • Maybe if they added it as a feature to the PokeNav. Otherwise, I don't see them including Amie, as cool a feature as it was. There might be a new gadget that has the same scheme as Amie in ORAS, though. I think it's worth including, I had a lot of fun with that in X and Y. Felt like I was actually creating a relationship with my pokemon! :]

Years
  • Personally I want the bottom screen to be like HG/SS where it was a tool tab and hotkey station rather than Pokemon Amie taking it up.

Pokemon Amie should be intergrated for Sercret Base / Daycare and Contest activities to boost up your friendship, beauty, and Health/Vitality EVs.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Pokemon Amie should be intergrated for Sercret Base / Daycare and Contest activities to boost up your friendship, beauty, and Health/Vitality EVs.

So I'm not the only one who thought of this!

I'm primarily thinking that Amie will end up making it's return in the Secret Bases rather than anywhere else. (To give them more of a use) Maybe this time in order to feed our Pokemon Pokeblocks we have to do it in Amie, instead of feeding it to them straight from the menu. It would probably contain added effects for the stats you boost too when you feed them a Pokeblock! Like a glow of blue around the Pokemon for increased Beauty, for instance.~

But all and all I really hope Amie makes a return. I'd probably be thoroughly disappointed if it didn't, since that's one of my favorite features from any Pokemon game ever. It's just too adorable and has way too much work put into it for the feature to just vanish.

erisfrost

Rocket in Training!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    The idea of the pokeamie was nice, but I got bored with it after a while. I wish there was more to do in it, more ways to interact with your pokemon in it.

Maybe, they could include brushing them like breeders do in the anime? If contests make a return (which I am hoping they do), maybe you can actually place the ribbons you've one onto your pokemon in the amie?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • @ Antemortem. I hope they don't do that. If OrAs follows in the steps of FrLg and HgSs it would not only lack Sylveon but Leafeon and Glaceon too (in addition to Probopass and Magnezone) seeing how the remakes tend to not have the method to evolve the eeveelutions introduced after those games initial release.

I hope we get the secret base to replace Aime like Honey and Mario said. It will be more interactive that way.

Years
  • I really do hope they can keep Pokemon Amie in OR/AS, since I enjoyed the feature so much and it'd be pretty sad to see it dropped after one game like several other features that had potential suffered.

Back