• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Argentum Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Pokemon Argentum Version

Introduction

The main reason I started this hack was from previous dissapointments, I haven't actually gotten around to the second gym before.
    It was in my best hack that I got to the first o.o, if anyone wants to see it, search IcyBlue or something like that.
    But I also felt like wasting my time on hacking again a bit.
    I first started hacking when I finished playing ChaosBlack, I searched around google for more and stumbled upon PokeCommunity
    and saw they had their own section for Rom Hacking which really interested me.
    And thats how I started, and progressed to this point from many of my other failures. But I hope this one will be different.
    The story came from another one of my hacks I want to continue, I believe it was Opal.

Storyline

"A long time ago, there was peace in the world of Pokemon, mysteries to be discovered, stories to be told,
    history in the making, you are apart of that history."

Hack Information

Hack Of - FireRed BPRE
    Version - 1.0
    Language - English

Features

• 151 New Pokemon
    • Aprikorns
    • Already made PokeBalls rare
    • Historian Aspect of Things
    • New Items to match Time
    • Some New Tiles
    • More Landfeatures (Deserts, Jungles, Mountains, Snow etc.)
    • Boat Travel (New Island Region)
    • Plenty more to be revealed!

Media
    Warning: Screenshots may be old.

Spoiler:

Bugs/Glitches

Bugs:
    • Some borders aren't right, thats because of the mapping, i'll fix it when I can be stuffed.
    Glitches:
    • Pikachu doesn't actually run up to you, you just see the text box.

FAQ

Q: Will you be adding new graphics?
    A: When I feel like it I will, but I might change back to the originals aswell.
    Q: When will the beta be out?
    A: Look in my signature, it's hidden though?
    Q: Can I be a beta tester?
    A: Only beta testers are me and people I ask.

Credits

• Nintendo - for the tiles I edited.
    • Frangking Omega - for the tileset I edited.
    • thethethethe - for helping me script a while back.
    • Christos/Semele - inspiring me, and helping me with my mapping.
    • The Tool Creators.
    • dshayabusa - Thread Presentation Idea.

Downloads

DOWNLOAD COMING SOON
    I will release it quite soon, considering I am close to the second gym.
    But the download may be delayed, my life is important you know ;].

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Looks pretty decent so far. The mapping is quite nice but appears to be empty is some places. The tiles could do with some new palletes, make them a bit brighter and the R/S grass won't look so faded. What do you mean by "Already made Pokeballs rare"?

The storyline is ok, doesn't really reveal much though. It seems like a description of the setting rather than a story. Why does it say Pokemon Xtreme Version in your signature? Did you just forget to change the name, or this is a different hack? Well I hope to see some updates soon.

Tragoedia

Cool Trainer :3
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    What do you mean by "Already made Pokeballs rare"?

I think Visual means that all Pokeballs will come from Aprikons, nice touch ^.~

Good luck with your hack, its looking good so far, can't wait to see some of those new pokemon ^-^

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    hat do you mean by "Already made Pokeballs rare"?

Since the timeline of this hack's where people are just getting used to the fact that POKéMON and humans should be friends and help each other in life, which is, obviously, further in the past, and since the timeline of this hack's in the past, POKéBALLs are truly rare(or not yet in existence), so by this time, Apricorns are used (just like in the movie POKéMON 4ever where Sammy 'Sam' Oak from the past went into the time of Ash and his pokeball was made out of Apricorns)... ;)

If there will be 151 new which ones will you take out?

I think he's gonna replace the original 151 POKéMON...
    The first generation. Since the hack's FireRed, but I guess we'll have to wait for the hacker's response. ;)

Though I have one question related to the 151 new POKéMON...
    are they gonna be custom-made ones or 4th generation ones?

Anyways, the hack is nice, the story is exciting, the presentation is beautiful, a bit bright, but still okay, tiles are simple, but I like it. ^^
    Keep it up though~

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Looks pretty decent so far. The mapping is quite nice but appears to be empty is some places. The tiles could do with some new palletes, make them a bit brighter and the R/S grass won't look so faded. What do you mean by "Already made Pokeballs rare"?

The storyline is ok, doesn't really reveal much though. It seems like a description of the setting rather than a story. Why does it say Pokemon Xtreme Version in your signature? Did you just forget to change the name, or this is a different hack? Well I hope to see some updates soon.

I forgot to change the name in my signature.
    What I meant by Already made Pokeballs rare is that considering your using Aprikorns to make Pokeballs, you won't find many lying around, so there might be 2 or 3 pokeballs the whole game you find. Aprikorns are found around instead.

If there will be 151 new which ones will you take out?

Probably Hoenn, cause I hate those.

Since the timeline of this hack's where people are just getting used to the fact that POKéMON and humans should be friends and help each other in life, which is, obviously, further in the past, and since the timeline of this hack's in the past, POKéBALLs are truly rare(or not yet in existence), so by this time, Apricorns are used (just like in the movie POKéMON 4ever where Sammy 'Sam' Oak from the past went into the time of Ash and his pokeball was made out of Apricorns)... ;)

I think he's gonna replace the original 151 POKéMON...
    The first generation. Since the hack's FireRed, but I guess we'll have to wait for the hacker's response. ;)

Though I have one question related to the 151 new POKéMON...
    are they gonna be custom-made ones or 4th generation ones?

Anyways, the hack is nice, the story is exciting, the presentation is beautiful, a bit bright, but still okay, tiles are simple, but I like it. ^^
    Keep it up though~

They're going to be custom, though later in the game when I get around to it.

----------

I've decided to change the events around a bit, at the start before you go out you recieve your first Pokemon from someone standing there, I'm thinking of changing that to something else. But considering the lab is on route 3 it might be alright. What do you guys think?

Trainer17

Kaizoku-ō
    Years
    We wouldn't the same thing "Oh, fight wild Pokemon, pick a Starter!" thingy, It came out from R/S/E and on Diamond and Pearl. If the Lab is on Route 3, does that mean you have to go through Route 1, Route 2 and possibly a town or some sort before reaching it?

Also a question, does that mean you use Apricon and make into a Pokeball? Rather then the usual Pokeballs we buy in the games?
    Just confused a little^^'

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    We wouldn't the same thing "Oh, fight wild Pokemon, pick a Starter!" thingy, It came out from R/S/E and on Diamond and Pearl. If the Lab is on Route 3, does that mean you have to go through Route 1, Route 2 and possibly a town or some sort before reaching it?

Also a question, does that mean you use Apricon and make into a Pokeball? Rather then the usual Pokeballs we buy in the games?
    Just confused a little^^'

I mean i'm going to have to make up another way of recieving your starter because the lab is that far away. It was just some random guy who gave you a Pokemon.

Yeah, you go to a mart, give him an Aprikorn (no different types) and he will go and make you a Pokeball. You'll see when I start adding more events.

Trainer17

Kaizoku-ō
    Years
    I mean i'm going to have to make up another way of recieving your starter because the lab is that far away. It was just some random guy who gave you a Pokemon.

Yeah, you go to a mart, give him an Aprikorn (no different types) and he will go and make you a Pokeball. You'll see when I start adding more events.

Just thought of this idea, maybe you can make an event, something like this.

Random guy runs into Hero in a certain Route, saying that a Pokemon has stole his food/ anything along those lines. He isn't pretty sure what type it is. Something like the event after you complete E4 + Champion in Emerald and you see the TV [To pick a color, which determines is it a Latias/Latios]

Of course, the random guy gives the three choices "Water, Grass, Fire" and the Hero gets to pick one.

They then, scurry off to this "Tree" and find it there.

I'm not sure what else to add up till here ^^'

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Both the story and the maps seem bland and unoriginal. I like the features though, so good luck with this hack :)

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    This is a great hack!
    Very interesting story line you got there.
    Are you planning on adding DP Pokemon?
    Anyways, I will be glad to assist you in scripting, as in if you want a script done, I will do it for you (you want proof?)if you want.
    Good luck on this hack
    Pokemon Argentum Version

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    Are there any cool events in this hack? You haven't shown any proof. But the mapping is Okay ;)
    Awesome storyline too! Good luck!

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    ...good, but you should change the tiles...

Whats wrong with the tiles?

Are there any cool events in this hack? You haven't shown any proof. But the mapping is Okay ;)
    Awesome storyline too! Good luck!

Expect some cool events soon. In the first cave, which is the only way to get to the next town you will be stopped by someone who will tell you about the markings on the walls, i'm hoping to make that like a map change sought of thing, but all the palettes are grey and have the camera movement script. Of course this will be extremely difficult for me but I will try.

I'm fixing up some of the maps right now in fact :D.

---------

Update: When you go downstairs your mum comes and gives you Running shoes.
    Update 2: When you step outside, a Pikachu will run to you and become your first starter, later you will find out this Pikachu is from the lab on route 3 but I don't want to say much.

EDIT

I got some screenies, one of the running shoes the other of the minor map fillers ill be spriting, possible some grass patches next.
    Pokemon Argentum Version
    Pokemon Argentum Version

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    Wow. This hack is looking really good. I love your mapping. Its kinda Nintendo stylish right?
    I also like new features. So there will be Kurt or something like that?
    Keep up the good work. Good Luck

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Wow. This hack is looking really good. I love your mapping. Its kinda Nintendo stylish right?
    I also like new features. So there will be Kurt or something like that?
    Keep up the good work. Good Luck

Kurt probably wont be born, but there might be some Anime characters that are mentioned ;) ash's dead *cough*

----------------

I finished Unknown Cave, there will be some added events. It'll also show some of my spriting practice before I start the fakemons :D. You can use the tiles as long as I know you are.

New BG (Sprites are still being idealized, if anyone wishes to donate they can)
    Pokemon Argentum Version

A Man who will help you discover the truth about the Pokemon flying around the cave. (Think about the name of the cave)
    Pokemon Argentum Version

The engravings:
    Pokemon Argentum Version

The map fillers (in the next town, remembered about them after the cave)
    Pokemon Argentum Version

Also the preview of the palettes in progress.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Looking good, Visual. Some of those custom tiles look a little out of place though...

The new palletes are nice but maybe you should try going in the other direction, instead of the making it lighter why not make the trees a bit more grundgy and dark? I think that that would offset the new grass tile very nicely. And what about blue flowers? Haven't really seen many blue coloured flowers in hacks.

I think you've got the tree shading wrong in some places, isn't it only supposed to have a shadow if theres a tree in front of it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back