• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Black and White Premiers 12th February

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    According to PokeBeach:
    A press release we just received from TPCi has announced that Black and White will premiere on Cartoon Network Saturday, February 12th at 9:00 AM. The first two episodes of the series will be shown, featuring Ash and Pikachu's arrival in Unova and their encounter with the mysterious Deep Black Pokemon. This is quite an early start for the new series considering the games do not come out until three weeks later (meaning five episodes into the show if they show one new episode per week after the premiere).
    I think it's a bit early, too early. But I think that they may fully start it in March, with the 12th's episodes being early screenings.

Eek! I posted it on here first and I'm currently living with slow internet and unreliable electricity xD

Last edited:

ゼクロム

こんにちは!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Yeah. I think it's too early as well. At least start when the game comes out. Well, I already seen the first 15 episodes, so I know what's gonna happen.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    It's already coming out in Feb 12th? I was suspecting it to come out March or around mid way of March.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2011
    This seems like a really weird time to start the new series. I thought that they wouldn't premier it until around March. Since they only mentioned the first two episodes, maybe it's just a sneak peek at Black and White, similar to how we only saw the first two episodes of AG way back in Kids' WB and then the first three episodes of DP on Cartoon Network. That would make more sense than starting up the new series right after DP ends and well before the games come out.

Though, I would have thought that if they did a sneak peek, they wouldn't do that until the middle of February for some reason. Still, I'm happy that they're showing the new episodes soon. I'm really curious about how Iris will sound and I'm totally hoping that I'll like her more than I've felt about Dawn in the last couple of years.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    This is strange, why so early? I thought they could at least wait until after the games were released. Isnt that what they usually do? Games first then anime? I guess the US is getting fed up with being left behind. I guess I will watch the first 2 episodes and give the dub another chance.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    This seems like a really weird time to start the new series. I thought that they wouldn't premier it until around March. Since they only mentioned the first two episodes, maybe it's just a sneak peek at Black and White, similar to how we only saw the first two episodes of AG way back in Kids' WB and then the first three episodes of DP on Cartoon Network. That would make more sense than starting up the new series right after DP ends and well before the games come out.

Did they do a sneak peek on DP on Cartoon Network? I don't remember if they did but yeah I can actually see it as an sneak peek.

This is strange, why so early? I thought they could at least wait until after the games were released. Isnt that what they usually do? Games first then anime? I guess the US is getting fed up with being left behind. I guess I will watch the first 2 episodes and give the dub another chance.

I can see why they would be fed up with being left behind. We are already on the last two episodes of DP when it ended in September in Japan. They probably don't want to keep the fans waiting for the new series and also the game is coming out around March so they want to prepare the audience the new Pokemon before the game comes out?

TehPsychicTypeMaster

"I See Greatness In You..."
    Years
    I believe it's way too early for the anime to be coming out, I expected it a few days after B/W was released in the USA. I've already watched the Japanese episodes, so I know what's coming ahead. But I don't approve of this release date.

joacen

Starter Pokemon: Oshawott
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    I don't mind this early debut at all. I've been anticipating the new series, and now more information is being released about the games in the U.S. I can't wait for the debut, even if it might just be a preview.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2011
    Did they do a sneak peek on DP on Cartoon Network? I don't remember if they did but yeah I can actually see it as an sneak peek.

I believe that they did. There was a big marathon leading up to the first three DP episodes. Though, I'm not sure if it was big weekend marathon where they had nothing but Pokemon until Adult Swim started or if it was just a one day marathon. Either way, I definitely remember there was a sneak peek for DP on Cartoon Network, so I can see this as a sneak peek instead premiering the series before the games come out.

AshPikastar said:
    I can see why they would be fed up with being left behind. We are already on the last two episodes of DP when it ended in September in Japan. They probably don't want to keep the fans waiting for the new series and also the game is coming out around March so they want to prepare the audience the new Pokemon before the game comes out?

I'm not sure if a lot of fans would be fed up with being left behind. Unless a large portion of the target audience goes on the Internet and look up information about the Japanese version, I don't think that a lot of kids are fully aware that Japan has been airing a new series for months. Besides, we still have a relatively short gap of episodes between both version. The dub is around twenty episodes behind the original Japanese version, which really isn't that much of a wait. I could see them using this time to showcase that there are new Pokemon in the anime so that kids would be more interested in watching it and become more interested in buying the new games.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Wow, that's early. I was hoping that the BW anime would come out a few days after the BW games are released. But I can live with it coming out early.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    That's... early.

Marketing wise... doesn't make sense... but oh well. Customerwise, makes me happy ^__^ Just a few weeks until I find out if TPCi crushed my hopes and dreams of Iris having a cute voice.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    That's... early.

Marketing wise... doesn't make sense... but oh well. Customerwise, makes me happy ^__^ Just a few weeks until I find out if TPCi crushed my hopes and dreams of Iris having a cute voice.
    It does make sense as it gives them half a month to advertise the games! Plus the Zoroark movie is coming out soon, they proably want to built on that and introduce the American public the new mons (well those that aren't on Pc,Pokejungle,Serebii,etc.)

Years
    That's... early.

It's really not that early, it actually makes perfect sense. Kids are going to be begging their parents to get them Black or White the second they see all these new Pokemon. These kids will also tell all their friends about it, who will then tell their friends, until every kid in elementary school is aware of this. Not to mention that Cartoon Network will be frequently advertising both the anime and the new games soon.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'll have to agree with Kirby on this one. Im pretty sure when I see the dub I'll be hyped up even more to buy the games.

The earlier the better for me, that way it fills up time for my wait for the 3DS and Black & White. (Games)

Years
    I was actually pretty surprised to know that BW would be airing that early. I was expecting the air dates to be somewhere around when the games release...
    Anyways, good to have it early. Though I doubt whether I'll be watching them since I follow the Japanese one.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014

Personally, I hope it's at least not to squeaky like her JPN Voice. And if I can enjoy it for all that it's worth, I'm sure that I'll enjoy the over all dub.

Back