• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile Pokemon Cafe Mix

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • It has been announced that Pokemon Cafe Mix will be both a free to start switch and mobile game. Who's going to be playing the mobile version?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    It's not that bad really. I mean its essentially just another puzzle game but its quite interesting. As of right now I've only played it on my phone. I'm kinda hoping that if I were to play it on my Switch I can move everything over but I highly doubt it will be THAT easy.

EDIT: As I expected it doesn't seem to be possible to play the same account on both at the same time. You either do it on one or the other. Better off started it on the Switch and move to the phone because I had issues moving it from my phone to the Switch.

They would be better off letting you play on either or at the same time per say as long as the game is refreshed on which ever one you play. So if you start on the Switch and get so far and then want to play on your phone as long as you're logged in on the same account you can keep playing where you left off.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Since this was like the only think that caught my interest, I decided to try it. And it was crashing on launch for most of the day. But after few hours, the patch was released and I could try it.

Let me say right from the start that this game looks beautiful. Pokémon are adorable and cute and the dishes are just the best. And really smart. Like there is a Dugtrio made out of three sandwiches. Or Buneary shaped out of Freppé.

But gameplay-wise, it's weird. I don't know how else to describe it. It's the "Connect 3" type of game, but it just plays weird. As you try to connect Pokémon, they will move with your movement. Which destroys any strategy you can prepare to beat the stage. And because of it, you can just randomly circle around the screen to fulfill majority of the objectives. And the rest can be finish off with Pokémon skills. So it's easy and got repetitive extremally quickly. Game also sometimes register different Pokémon from the one you wanted to touch and sometimes it jsut lags and refuse to move, whic can cost you some turns. But I have to say that some levels have fine design

As for the P2W aspect, you can only buy acorns (in-game currency), special powers (like destroy whole row, swap two Pokémon, ...) and new characters so far. The only character put behind the paywall right now is Pikachu. It costs 100 CZK (which is around 3.70 €) in my country and I think this deal is pretty okay, since you also get few acorns and special powers. But I hate the fact that it's only available through paying. Other deals look awful. Acorns packs are in my opinion useless, as you can only buy lifes or turns with acorns. But as I said, stages are easy and you can get acorns just by playing and as daily reward. Item packs that contain special powers and acorns are overpriced and special powers are also pretty useless. Overall, I don't care about this, since I don't play on spending a dime on this game.

So, this game is in my opinion really mediocre mobile game. I don't think many casual players will stick with it, since there are far better alternatives on the market and core Pokémon fanbase isn't really the target audience for this game. I think I'll give it couple more days, to see if there is something interesting later in the game.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I gave the game a go and I like it, but I don't like the fact you only get 5 hearts that take a half hour to recharge. :x That's the thing abt Pokemon Shuffle I found annoying. I'm reminded of Tsum Tsum like games when playing this. I do hope this game does well, but we'll see.

I've played Shuffle and Trozei before this, so I do wonder how many stages there are going to be. Idk how often I'll play though since 5 hearts is not a lot. =/

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I am and I'm loving it so far. It's fun and the art is v cute :why: :why:
    The only thing I hate is the whipped cream, fuck whipped cream.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2020
    Hello newbie here 0_0
    I think that the game is really cute but I agree with the fact that the game gets repetitive. The gameplay was fun but I didn't like some of the gimmicks. The Tomato gimmick in particular because it was difficult to push it into the baskets (might just be me tho)
    But maybe the game will be patched in the future? idk its a cool time waster

Years
  • I haven't played yet
    I've watched a friend play & i adore the art style
    EDIT: There are friend codes in game!!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I gave the game few more days and I have to say that it slowly grows on me. But I also suspect that if it wasn't for the Pokémon theme, I would probably uninstall it long time ago. After beating around 75 levels, I don't think I've found a hard level yet. Or a level that couldn't be beaten just by randomly circling around the screen. Pretty much all the levels so far were build around abilities of few first Pokémon, so I didn't even got to properly use some of the later Pokémon. I also got used to controls. I love little details like Munchlax being heavier than other Pokémon.

But I think I'll stick to it some more, at least until I beat all the levels in the game so far.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    How's everyone been doing with it?

Right now I'm working on getting my orders up and it seems like they're adding more tomorrow.

Years
  • I'm not sure I want to continue :< it's a cute game and I loove the art but...playing for a bit more reminded me of how predatory free-to-play puzzle games like these can be. It took me many attempts to clear certain levels and I'm not even that far into the game yet. they clearly want to tempt you into purchasing powerups. going to leave it for now and try again later to see how I feel!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • welp, i tried it for a bit /months late
    the graphics are adorable but honestly i was bored to death within half an hour :( and no way am i willing to spend money on it

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
  • welp, i tried it for a bit /months late
    the graphics are adorable but honestly i was bored to death within half an hour :( and no way am i willing to spend money on it

Yeah, at first, it's really cute, but then, after ~1 hr it just gets wayyy too repetitive...

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I still find it fun, though I've been playing less of it lately. Its a fun game to spend time on, and the master cafe league thing puts my competitive self to continue lol

Years
  • I ended up deleting it :< the art is so cute and all but I'm just not a fan of match puzzle games like these since they're so repetitive, and it became apparently really early on how much they want you to use power-ups. frustrated me to constantly lose levels over and over.

Back