• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Rogue

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So far for me this is an amazing ROM hack but I have a problem where I only find Gen 1 to 3 Pokemon only in EX. Are the other gens unlockable or something? Please help me
    At first, you can only find Pokemon from the first 3 generations. To unlock later generations, you need to finish a run.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    At first, you can only find Pokemon from the first 3 generations. To unlock later generations, you need to finish a run.

Or find the secret room to activate the features earlier than intended, can even do it before your very first run.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2023
    Just wanted to report a potential bug. I had a trainer spawn immediately before a legendary, and I (like an idiot) accidentally ran to the left and kept going up, which led to the trainer permanently blocking my path after I defeated him.

Overall, my disappoint was immeasurable, and my day was ruined, but it was my own fault.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2023
    HEY!
    loving this hack sooo much, great work! I have a problem where my slowpoke wont evolve into a slowbro. its currently level 45, what am I doing wrong?

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2023
    I know this has been brought up many times so I apologize for sounding like a broken record, but how do you get legendaries to spawn in the safari zone? I beat the game once and even chose specific gens in the safari zone but I still can't find a single legendary. Am I missing something or am I just extremely unlucky? Thanks for any help in advance!

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    Hey, the mediafire link is down. Can you fix it please? Or give alternative download link?

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2023
    I have the ex version patched but Pokémon after gen 3 don't appear in my game, do I need to beat the game once for them to appear? Anyways most fun I've had playing Pokémon in so long

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    @Idaho-oh You have to catch legendaries in the adventure first and then they'll show up in the safari zone

@Realkiks
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2023
    Hi, first of all I love the ROM, it's my new favourite way to play Pokémon!

I don't know where else to post bugs, as I can't accept the discord link without it saying the invite has expired.

I just lost my Machamp because it missed two Mega Kicks (75 accuracy) despite having No Guard :'(

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2023
    I found an Aron and grew emotionally attached to it. It then died to Glacia's Lapras and im still grieving. Good rom though, fun stuff.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2023
    Found a new bug in my last Water monotype run. Protean and Libero seem to break the monotype quest challenges. I completed a Water monotype run, and did not receive credit for it. I have to assume this is due to Protean Greninja.

List of Pokemon used in the run:

Greninja
    Vaporeon
    Corsola
    Binacle
    Seismitoad
    Walrein
    Swanna
    Whiscash
    Ludicolo

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2023
    Just out of curiosity, what are shinies like in this game? Is there a possibility of getting them randomly?

Years
  • Why can't you and all the other 14 year old idiots on this site try reading the posts before asking stupid questions?

And why do you feel it's OK to speak to someone like that for what is frankly a trivial annoyance.

If you feel the need to say something like this, next time keep it to yourself.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    These replies clutter up threads all over the site to the point where it is genuinely irritating attempting to sift through mountains of junk to find the response to a legitimate question not answered in the initial body post. I don't like doing so, and I can't imagine anyone else does either. To me, it's not such a trivial annoyance when it happens in every single hack post, major and minor, old and new.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2023
    for some reason I don't have access to any of the new gen Pokémon. the items, move pools and typing's are all good. but I can only find Pokémon up to gen 3

EDIT: I figured it out. I like it. its fun. maybe I skipped some dialogue that would have hinted about how it works. I thought that I had messed something up when patching.

Game is so cool thanks for all your hard work :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2023
    So I understand why it was done, but forcefully ending a run if a save is loaded twice is a bad design choice.

I'm playing this on an emulator, and there are COUNTLESS times where for whatever reason, due to the emulator resetting or being closed, a save file is loaded twice. It's really frustrating to lose a strong run because of technical issues.

The thing is it doesn't even stop cheaters really. You can just use save states to circumvent the system entirely. I don't use save states because I don't want to cheat, and I'm being punished for that.

If people are going to cheat, they're gonna do it anyway. There's no reason to police that within the game itself.

Back