• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon General Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayselipera

My excitement has seemed to left for some reason, but either way I'm still getting one of them! It's just I haven't decided yet which one I want. D:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • are you talking about missingno? it was there?

Yup; our most famous Good Bad Bug was in there (not Chikorita; sorry about that). I'm actually glad they counted it somehow in the quiz. :)

WHY ISN'T IT A REAL/OFFICIAL POKEMON ALREADY GOSHDARN IT?!?! :cer_pissed: Ugh...it has a way better design than dumb ripoff Pokemon like Phione that have to unnecessarily clog our PokeDex listings. :cer_cry: Heck, it even teaches kids a lesson akin to the movies on why they shouldn't necessarily go around bagging every Pokemon you see.

I'm going to try the Generation 3 Quiz later on, and I will smack myself silly if I don't complete it. I've replayed Emerald so many times and that's the Generation that I freaking grew up with that hooked me back into Pokemon.

Gilgαmesh

I'm pretty sure Nintendo doesn't see Missingno as an official pokemon rather than it sees it as a glitch. I mean...Missingno doesn't even have a face really...nor a type, nor anything. D:

...To be honest, it could be the ??? type..but I dunno..you'd have to think of some pretty deep concepts when it comes to Missingno. What moves it would learn, the type, stuff like that. :(

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Ah, I love those quizzes. :D I can usually get all of gen 1, most of gen 2, and most of gen 4 by myself. And when my roommate and I do them together, we uuuuusually only miss maybe 10-15 Pokémon overall which isn't too shabby.

Unfortunately, Missingno is not a real Pokémon and never will be. :( As far as I know it's never even been acknowledged in any sort of official documentation.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure Nintendo doesn't see Missingno as an official pokemon rather than it sees it as a glitch. I mean...Missingno doesn't even have a face really...nor a type, nor anything. D:

...To be honest, it could be the ??? type..but I dunno..you'd have to think of some pretty deep concepts when it comes to Missingno. What moves it would learn, the type, stuff like that. :(

Faces do not matter when it comes to Pokemon!
    Exhibit A: THIS..THING! Furiijio!

But yeah, I always envisioned Missingno. being the first and only ???-type Pokemon, having no natural resistances and weaknesses - everything hits it for normal effectiveness under normal circumstances. It could have a signature offensive ???-typed move...maybe 70-100 Base Power... I actually considered starting a thread on how Missingno. would be constructed if it were implemented in the games as an actual Pokemon. Maybe I might actually put forth the idea. :)

Ah, I love those quizzes. :D I can usually get all of gen 1, most of gen 2, and most of gen 4 by myself. And when my roommate and I do them together, we uuuuusually only miss maybe 10-15 Pokémon overall which isn't too shabby.

Unfortunately, Missingno is not a real Pokémon and never will be. :( As far as I know it's never even been acknowledged in any sort of official documentation.

Well, we have this official Nintendo document that dismisses it as a programming quirk... :cer_pissed: Apparently, it caused a minor heated discussion on its Bulbapedia article because some users couldn't agree on whether the article title should have been rendered as Missingno., MissingNo., or MissingNO.. The official article itself by Nintendo gave two different contradictory capitalizations for Missingno.'s name, so that only worsened the whole matter.

If I ever become a Pokemon developer, one of my goals will be to campaign for Missingno.'s inclusion as an actual (possibly Legendary) Pokemon in a future Pokemon game. Seriously...why do we keep on getting non-evolving (and herpderp fishies *coughMaggyocough*) Pokemon that are unsuitable for battle, yet we have that menace of corruption waiting in the wings to unleash nightmarish, devastating attacks upon its foes? T_T

Heck, the developers even bothered to put in textual "Emerald PokeDex information" for the Generation 3 glitch Pokemon Decamark (??????????), when there was really no justification for it (AFAIK). Numbered it and everything:

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    But yeah, I always envisioned Missingno. being the first and only ???-type Pokemon, having no natural resistances and weaknesses - everything hits it for normal effectiveness under normal circumstances. It could have a signature offensive ???-typed move...maybe 70-100 Base Power... I actually considered starting a thread on how Missingno. would be constructed if it were implemented in the games as an actual Pokemon. Maybe I might actually put forth the idea. :)
    The ??? type has apparently been removed as of generation five. I agree Missingno or any of its relatives would make an interesting Pokemon, but they've probably already considered the idea more than once in the past.

Also, Arceus has a ???-type sprite.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • The ??? type has apparently been removed as of generation five. I agree Missingno or any of its relatives would make an interesting Pokemon, but they've probably already considered the idea more than once in the past.

Also, Arceus has a ???-type sprite.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the removal of the ???-type in BW. -.- And I recall Arceus having a ???-type, but apparently it was only coded so the game didn't crash if players tampered with Arceus's ability and type with cheating devices and such... AFAIK, there was/is no way to obtain a legitimate ???-typed Arceus in normal play, since the plate corresponding to the ???-type doesn't exist. So I guess Missingno. could be the first ???-type Pokemon to appear in actual gameplay, then. Kind of a shame that the developers removed the ???-type, but then again it was hardly used for anything in normal gameplay... :o

SonicTH

Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    Guys, maybe someone knows where I can download manga "Electric Tale of Pikachu"?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • We are not allowed to link you too those places, because the places that offer the download are not licensed by the company. Just google it and you find something on it.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • have they released the new generation's shiny forms yet, i'm dying to see confagrigus shiny form

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I thought the shiny forms have been out since all the Sprites were ripped back in September.

There you go Shiny Cofagrigus.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Nope, nor have I seen any; and to be honest, I'm not into Shiny hunting.

But...

If I happen to come across one, I'll definite nab it right away. Just knowing that I have a shiny Pokemon is cool despite what it is. xD

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I don't really care about shinies. They're just disrupted. But I do like collecting them, though. :3

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    I've never had a shiny Pokemon in my life. I have, however, contracted Pokerus before. Twice.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    As far as fifth generation goes I haven't found any shinies. I'm kind of hoping I get one while hatching a million Solosis but that's not likely. XD;

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • So I just got my White version today (had to delay my purchase a couple of weeks for financial problems), and I've been playing nonstop. :D

While I haven't encountered a shiny, I can't help but enjoy this feeling of everything being a new experience to me. I haven't had that experience since R/S came out (I spoiled everything about D/P before they came out XD).

How would you guys describe your experience playing B/W for the first time?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Weeeeeellllllllllll....

I'm too lazy to write a long paragraph on why B/W is awesome...again, but! FIrs ttime I'v eplayed it, its been a wondrous experience. <3 Especially the bridges and scenery! They are just magnificent! The battle style is pretty detailed, and the pokemon there are amazing; I have not had don't have any pokemon from the fifth gen that I didn't like; they're all just really incredible. <3

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Has anyone bothered to catch a shiny in the new games yet? I haven't spotted any yet :X
    It's actually in White that I found my first shiny since Silver. So yes, I caught one. Didn't go out looking for it specifically, but I'm glad that the shiny Pidlove I caught came along.

As for B/W as a whole, I was excited for them since they were announced. When I first played them, it felt like a brand new experience because of what changed, and there were new features, Pokemon, and a world to get used to. It kept my interest for a while (real life got in the way now). I still enjoy what B/W have brought to the franchise, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back