• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon General Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    From a event collectors perspective these are not rare what so ever. They take the wonder card and keep getting every possible out come date, characteristics, nature(even though this one is static). Or if they are not that hardcore they just clone it. Since I don't collect any more I got 5 of each plus Ash Pikachu which I place little too no value in. Outside of the fact that they active Zoroark. Gamestop Celebi though does two things 1. Activates the Giovanni event, and Zorua. So I would hold that in more of a high standing, collecting wise worthless none the less. If we are looking for some unique pokes or fresh ones. I am curious as too what Wifi Events or too the extent of how much Pokemon Co. will use wifi for events like Victini. Or if they will have special moves pokemon via wifi.

Ayselipera

Well I know they're nothing special since just about anyone can get them, but I'm more likely to get a trade to go through with a shiny legendary then say any regular Pokemon. I often put up level 1 Pokemon for legendaries or other decent Pokemon and at the latest I've had to wait two days for someone to trade with me. So I'm guessing the process will be a little bit faster as it usually is for me when I put up legendaries.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    By put up you are referring to GTS? If so they cannot be traded there due too the Classic Ribbon they have.

Ayselipera

What!! Wahhh D: Why doesn't anyone tell me this stuff before hand?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    LOL it has been like this with DS events for years now xD. That is why they didn't add Darkrai and Shaymin too GTS until they officially released Member Card and Oaks Letter. Because the ones at Toys R US and other places had Classic Ribbons which maybe then untradable on GTS.

Ayselipera

I was never able to get event Pokemon until the Latias/Latios event with Soul Dew because I didn't know how to set up my wifi and so I just ignored it for the longest time. Then I found out I just needed to find an access point so it's only been set up for the past couple months. So I'm still semi new to all this trading stuff. I only traded on the GTS for a few Pokemon to complete my Pokedex on Diamond.

I never go to events held within stores because I'm ashamed. ;o;

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I have been too almost all the US ones outside of TRU Manaphy cause my parts were out of town and wouldn't let me drive. I don't find it too embarrassing. When I went to Toys R Us last Monday there was literally almost no one there(this was the middle of the day though). And then I went to Gamestop and talked too the guy about the 3DS while I downloaded it. Guy was all yeah you can reserve it for $50 and was trying to get me to reserve Black and White as well. Which is the main reason they are holding the event is to get people in too pre-order. Or at least promote it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I wasn't able to get any event Pokemon outside of cheating until I got the Secret Key for Platinum to get the 5 Rotom appliances (if that counts). I lost them, however.

Recently, I downloaded the event missions for Heatran, Shaymin and Deoxys for Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs. I transferred Heatran and Shaymin over to my new Platinum game, but I didn't do Deoxys yet.

I also missed out on the shiny legendary beasts event.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    By put up you are referring to GTS? If so they cannot be traded there due too the Classic Ribbon they have.
    Damnit, I forgot about that! That kinda sucks, but at the same time I was on the edge about trading them and I guess this makes my mind up for me.

Also, I've never been to a physical Pokémon event before. I do plan on going to one in the future, though.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I've only gotten my hands on the Gamestop/Toys 'R Us/Wi-fi events since there's no way I could afford to travel out to actual Pokemon events unless one was somehow held right in my boring hick town of less than 4,000 people...

Ayselipera

I guess I'm just the weird one who finds these things embarrassing. I just have a fear of being in one of these stores while trying to get the event and a friend walks in. I would die. D:

I wasn't able to get any event Pokemon outside of cheating until I got the Secret Key for Platinum to get the 5 Rotom appliances (if that counts). I lost them, however.

That and the Celebi/Giovanni event or maybe it's the notched ear Pichu/Giovanni event in HG/SS are the only ones that I've ever really had an interest in. Unfortunately I missed them both. :(

I've only gotten my hands on the Gamestop/Toys 'R Us/Wi-fi events since there's no way I could afford to travel out to actual Pokemon events unless one was somehow held right in my boring hick town of less than 4,000 people...

I thought they just stopped throwing those. I mean I never see them advertised or mentioned anymore anywhere. Maybe they're just not as frequent anymore, idk? Not like I would attend anyway! xD

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Since I don't have any Wi-Fi at home, I'll be paying Pizza Hut a visit tomorrow to download my Raikou. I'll be at my dad's for Entei (the one I really care about) and I'll see if I can do something for Suicune.

I think I'll be able to get all three beasts.

Years
    I've yet to figure out how to set up my wi-fi, but since I don't care much about trading and battling it's not much of an issue for me.

Actually, these events and now this dream world thing all have me a little disappointed. When I buy a game I want it all contained in the game itself. I don't want to have to go through all this bother to get one thing here and another thing there.

Ayselipera

Well if you have a router at home then all you have to do is find the access point for it. Although I ended up having to go through Nintendo's support website to figure it out because my router had a security password and such. If you don't have any shame though (unlike myself :D) you can always go to a local store that has free wifi. Places like Starbucks and McDonald's usually have that.

I don't like event Pokemon either way since I find them an extra pain to get and the fact that I've missed out on tons of events until recently. :(

Also today is the first day you can get Entei over wifi if you didn't already get them altogether for those who might have forgotten!

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
    I got em all during the Gamestop distribution. And now that they've been given out over WiFi, I really need to rub it in to someone somewhere else because I predicted that they would, and he laughed at me.

I only trained up Raikou though. All EV'd and with great IV's too!

I may train up one of the others, I'm not sure if I'll bother though. I'm breeding Togepi right now.

Ayselipera

For now I'm going to leave them untouched until I trade them over to my future Black or White version. Togepi! I haven't used one of those in a long time now that I think of it.

From what I can see the Celebi download is only at GameStop which is really unfortunate. D:

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
    Well, you never know. They may offer Celebi over WiFi too, the same as they did with the three beasts.

Then again, maybe not.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I have one chance to pick up Celebi, the first day it comes out (21st). It better be at our local GameStop. Otherwise I can't get it until I can get wi-fi access again.

I'm only getting it to unlock the Giovanni event in SS. I was never interested in training it, not even back in G/S/C.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back