• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon GO EEVEElutions

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
  • I can confirm the nicknaming mechanic as well. Not for myself since I'm short on Eevee candies, but I asked four of my friends to test and they all confirmed their success.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Yeah I renamed an Evee to a Sparky and I got a Jolteon. People just recommend you restart the app after renaming your Evee to ensure that the name change went through the servers, due to the occasional instability of them.

Diarkia124

The Jack Master
    Years
  • Also tried the name of Sparky with my Eevee and got Jolteon as a result. I didn't restart my app but it's probably preferable if I do on future evolutions.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I already have a Vaporeon and a Flareon due to nothing but dumb luck, so I'll definitely have to keep this method in mind the next time I have enough Eevee candy to evolve.

Need that Jolteon to add to my PokéDex...

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Hey, so I had recently heard that depending on what you name your Eevee for the first time before evolving, you can set what you want it to evolve:

Sparky = Jolteon
    Rainer = Vaporeon
    Pyro = Flareon

If you name it Sparky, Rainer, or Pyro, it turns out to be one of those three from what you choose. However, I haven't tested it and I'm not sure if it's accurate.

Worked so far with Jolteon, maybe this is true! If so, this is such an awesome refrence :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I need to start evolving mine but don't have enough candy yet. I really need to work on that lol

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Throwing in more confirmation that the nickname trick does indeed work, I tested it with Jolteon and Flareon and it worked for me!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Also confirming the nickname thing, got my Vaporeon :)

Back