• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Interaction/Walking Pokemon

blue

gucci
Years
  • Seriously as awesome as this would be, I just can't see this happening. We've seen no indication or proof of this as of yet, none of the screenshots show Pokémon following the player either. ;(

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I would love it had there been a way for them to incorporate both walking Pokémon and Amie together. My idea is to perhaps have your first member of your party follow around behind, just like usual, and once you click, you would be taken to Pokémon-Amie directly. Either that, or perhaps there could be a prompt to let you decide if you do wish to use the feature or not. If you select no, nothing will happen, and you'll continue doing whatever that you happen to be doing.

Is walking Pokémon going to make a return here, though? I don't know, it's kind of hard to say. They probably won't make it available here, I'm guessing; if they were planning to, then by now, it likely would have been revealed already. Wish this weren't the case, but sadly, it does seem to be.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Is walking Pokémon going to make a return here, though? I don't know, it's kind of hard to say. They probably won't make it available here, I'm guessing; if they were planning to, then by now, it likely would have been revealed already. Wish this weren't the case, but sadly, it does seem to be.

I have to agree, since they are already showing us how the overworld looks and since we would always be traveling with a Pokemon behind us, it would be weird to not have them in the trailers. I would have expected them to reveal it alongside Amie as a returning feature from previous games.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I would be very (but pleasantly) surprised if we got this in ORAS. HGSS is different from the 6th gen games - they'd need to make higher quality models for one to match what the overworld looks like now. Factor in that they'd have to make these for 700+ Pokemon, on top of all the forms out there... that's a lot of work.

This is certainly doable, but that's on top of a bunch of things like Secret Bases, Contests and stuff we haven't yet seen (like Battle Frontier). Amie is already quite extensive too, so I'd be surprised if this comes up. Plus there's the point already made above that it hasn't been seen in trailers as of yet. It's something they would like to show off, I bet.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I would like if walking Pokémon was an option for players to use, and not hoisted upon you like in HG/SS.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I loved having my pokemon follow me in HGSS. My Ninetales looked so cool behind me.

However, I feel like it would be far too complicated now with the current graphics and think they are better off putting time and effort into other parts of the game instead of bringing this back.

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    I have a feeling that they probably won't re-introduce the walking pokemon.

I'd be willing to bet that there are some technical limitations that prevent this from really happening - a complex pokemon model (think something like White Kyurem) has a lot of polygons and it would most likely create problems with performance, especially in areas with a lot of things going on already. They'd have to make dumbed-down lower-poly models (not to mention walking animations) for all the 700+ pokemon and that sounds like a huge waste of time and resources, regardless of how cute the feature would be. :C

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2022
    I liked the way they did it in pokemon ranger tbh. Always thought it was a shame we couldn't have something like that in the regular games.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I fully expect walking and ride-able pokemon (of your own) to be a feature in Pokemon Z version, as opposed to ORAS. ORAS already has a lot of hype and reasons to be bought, whereas Z probably needs more upgrades from XY. Kalos routes were designed with ride-able Pokemon in mind, and I could see this as the opportunity to reintroduce all overworld pokemon as traveling companions.

Of course I wouldn't complain if it was re- introduced in ORAS! :P Traveling with my Pokemon was one reason why I loved HGSS.

Lauren92

#pokemonforlife
    Years
  • I really loved that feature in HGSS! I don't think they'll be able to realistically do it on the 3DS though. I'm glad they're keeping amie though, it's adorable!

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I don't think walking with Pokemon will be in ORAS bit I honestly wish It would be reintroduced and become a main feature in every game at some point.

Back