• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Lugias Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    Can't wait. By then I might post my hack, so watch out. I will be right behind you once I get back up.

Ill, look for it don't worry, im pretty sure judging by your pride about it, your hack will be awesome!

*Another Anouncement*
    Im out of school for 7 days after tommorow Due to the thanksgiving holiday. So everyone expect Alot of updates!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Oh, I will expect a lot(two words) from this hack! ;)

Best of luck and expect that when the Beta's ready, I'll be lurking in the shadows to snatch it! :D

As always, keep it up! ;)

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
  • My only criticism would come in the way you are doing your scripts.
    It all looks too familiar to the basic layout of every pokemon game.

It's as if you aren't changing the scripts at all, rather just editting the text of the scripts that are already there.

Remember to be creative and you'll be succesful. Your maps are decent and the palette is nice.

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    Oh, I will expect a lot(two words) from this hack! ;)

Best of luck and expect that when the Beta's ready, I'll be lurking in the shadows to snatch it! :D

As always, keep it up! ;)
    Thankx, I can't wait to here what you think of it.

My only criticism would come in the way you are doing your scripts.
    It all looks too familiar to the basic layout of every pokemon game.

It's as if you aren't changing the scripts at all, rather just editting the text of the scripts that are already there.

Remember to be creative and you'll be succesful. Your maps are decent and the palette is nice.

Actually im using my own scripts i actually, deleted the scripts in the first town.

Anouncement
    I need someone who can hex edit trainers, or can use pet? i really cant do that good.

Last edited:

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Hex Editing isn't that hard, and it's the most safest way, guarenteed. One, because Pet is glitchy and because two, it is actually changing the data within the hack. All you need is Thingy32, just find the values of the trainers Pokemon and edit them. It goes in this order: Trainer/Pokemon/Level/Item.

Anyways, as someone said previously you should have a look at the mapping tutorial. Your maps are too square, make sure you take note of the borders, because if you don't they will interfere with the background and you might end up with half a tree then a normal tree.

Also, I don't beleive you should release a beta just yet until you've changed a few more maps, and alot of scripts have been inserted. Plus your palettes need changing aswell. The shades of green you used don't match with the other colours. Try to get the original colours and change them a bit. Anyway, don't give up on it. Good luck.

Rebel Charizard

The flames are waiting
    Years
  • Thankx, I can't wait to here what you think of it.

Actually im using my own scripts i actually, deleted the scripts in the first town.

Anouncement
    I need someone who can hex edit trainers, or can use pet? i really cant do that good.
    I might be able to do that but use me as a last resort im sure there are way better people out there but im still okay with PET.
    speciesfanxp6.png

userbar_orosole.gif

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • I don't believe you should release a beta just yet .
    Actually, it's pre alpha, which I believe is a good idea to judge the hack better, since it's not very easy to judge a hack by the screenshots only.
    So how long is the alpha?

Last edited:
    xray, as I stated in the beginning of my last post, I wasn't trying to be rude, even though constuctive critism often sounds like it. My advice was sound, and I've been around the PokeCommunity hacking scene a bit longer than you, so countering by saying you are ahead of me in scripting is a foolish statement seeing as you have no basis to come to that conclusion. I gave you my thoughts on how to help you improve. I had no ill feelings toward you or your work until you began an arguement. I just wanted you to realize you needed improvement. That's all. As for my "history" of being a critic, if you read more carefully you would have seen that I gave advice, not insults. I tried to be helpful, not counter-productive on every occasion. You seem to forget that the best ideas and inventions never got off the ground without feedback, good and bad, that holds true for hacks as well. You should have taken my critism and considered the advice I gave you before getting angry and starting an arguement.

On a more ontopic note, your first town does look empty. You have no paths, every grass tile is the same, your map is quite square and there are large amounts of wasted space. Again, my advice is to read the Mapping tutorial found in the Documents and Tutorials section and try it again. Also, I've written a small guideline on an easy way to map that makes maps with empty space look better in a previous post, I'll link you to it here. Perhaps it can help you improve.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Hex Editing isn't that hard, and it's the most safest way, guarenteed. One, because Pet is glitchy and because two, it is actually changing the data within the hack. All you need is Thingy32, just find the values of the trainers Pokemon and edit them. It goes in this order: Trainer/Pokemon/Level/Item.

Anyways, as someone said previously you should have a look at the mapping tutorial. Your maps are too square, make sure you take note of the borders, because if you don't they will interfere with the background and you might end up with half a tree then a normal tree.

Also, I don't beleive you should release a beta just yet until you've changed a few more maps, and alot of scripts have been inserted. Plus your palettes need changing aswell. The shades of green you used don't match with the other colours. Try to get the original colours and change them a bit. Anyway, don't give up on it. Good luck.

I've used Thingy32, I can barely EDIT my hackthat load of garbage. Guess I'll try again... :\

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012

Ill try to use thingy, I like my palletes, and i'm releasing a pre alpha.

Actually, it's pre alpha, which I believe is a good idea to judge the hack better, since it's not very easy to judge a hack by the screenshots only.
    So how long is the alpha?

Pre alpha will be about 30 min.

hey xray, can u hack ds pearl?

NO.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I hate Thingy... again. Jeez, why do people like it? I know russian, not spanish.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • xray, as I stated in the beginning of my last post, I wasn't trying to be rude, even though constuctive critism often sounds like it. My advice was sound, and I've been around the PokeCommunity hacking scene a bit longer than you, so countering by saying you are ahead of me in scripting is a foolish statement seeing as you have no basis to come to that conclusion. I gave you my thoughts on how to help you improve. I had no ill feelings toward you or your work until you began an arguement. I just wanted you to realize you needed improvement. That's all. As for my "history" of being a critic, if you read more carefully you would have seen that I gave advice, not insults. I tried to be helpful, not counter-productive on every occasion. You seem to forget that the best ideas and inventions never got off the ground without feedback, good and bad, that holds true for hacks as well. You should have taken my critism and considered the advice I gave you before getting angry and starting an arguement.

On a more ontopic note, your first town does look empty. You have no paths, every grass tile is the same, your map is quite square and there are large amounts of wasted space. Again, my advice is to read the Mapping tutorial found in the Documents and Tutorials section and try it again. Also, I've written a small guideline on an easy way to map that makes maps with empty space look better in a previous post, I'll link you to it here. Perhaps it can help you improve.
    This just echoes what I've said before: He's not trying to insult you. He just wants to give you constructive criticism.

Like at the bottom of his post. he didn't say "your mapping skills suck"
    he told you what he thought was wrong with the map, and what could make it better.

and on a sidenote:
    The 'criticism' thread is not a thread to post about individual hacks and say what is wrong or right with them....it's not a general overview of hacks over the years and what things have collectively improved or gotten worse.
    If Deokishisu randomly posted his thoughts about your game in that thread, it would be spam.

Anyway, I'll be keeping my eyes open for updates. Hope to see some good stuff

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    At least someone (think you did that) deleted that post. Thanks for the person, that was a waste of pokespace.

*Anouncement*
    Pre Alpha Almost ready!!

I got pet to work!

Im really saying this, becouse I have a few places to go tommorow, so I might release Pre Alpha Tonight!

Rebel Charizard

The flames are waiting
    Years
  • Yo I'm glad to see this hack goin good.
    About what EV said (the scriptin) I have an idea it's just some basic things really but why don't you add special trainers like wally from r/s/e and carlos from shiny gold.

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    Yo I'm glad to see this hack goin good.
    About what EV said (the scriptin) I have an idea it's just some basic things really but why don't you add special trainers like wally from r/s/e and carlos from shiny gold.

Brendon from ruby and sapphire is in there, and when you travel to the Hoenn You'll Meet may, Team Aqua will be there, and Magma, you'll Maybe Be able to get groudon, kyogre, rayquaza, and those 3 legendary rocks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Okay, question

will sneasel be in the early route as wild because I want to have him faster(Maybe as starter??)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back