• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Mega Power (Completed Beta 5.71 Released)

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2023
    Nice hack and I think the graphics are looking awesome.
    By the way, could the graphical glitch when using Confusion/Psybeam/etc be caused by the background?
    Is Froslass obtainable?

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2017
    Is there someone who can tell me the locations of the Mega pokemon so i dont miss them? I missed Pinsir in a cave and didnt even think to look in the wild for one as i didnt know at first thats how you get them. Can someone be kind to leave a location guide for them?

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2016
    Introduction:
    Neil/Tyra, the genius scientist who became a professor. He/she has a dream. He/she want to make the strongest Pokemon by himself, he did so many experiments. However, he/she doesn't have enough money. At this time, a business man called Kasper tell the young professor that he would contribute for the projecct, but the professor must share the achievement with him. To reach his/her goal, he/she accepted Kasper's contribution without hesitating. As the young genius gradually know that Kasper is the leader of a secret team called "Team Delta", he/she begins to think about whether he/she should keep up. Why Kasper needs the project? What will he do? The young professor must make a decision, keep it up, or not?
    Features:
    New region,new gyms(Of course)
    All mega evolutions
    Some 4th gen, 5th gen and 6th gen Pokemon
    Some new tiles(Maybe a bit rough,it's not easy to draw them...)

Screenshots:
    pokemon_mega_power_pics_by_wind1158-d7h3dy4.png

mpb1_by_wind1158-d81fycb.png

Tools Used:
    ADVANCE MAP 1.92
    ADVANCE TRAINER V0.9
    UNLZ-GBA Beta1
    CrystalTile2
    YAPE 0.9
    OverworldEditorRE
    FSF
    XSE
    ...and some more tools(I cannot remember if there's any other tools used)

Support Bar:
    pokemon_mega_power_bar_by_wind1158-d76u5oy.png

Download link of the Beta1.5(UPS file):

https://www.sendspace.com/file/vt8589

P.S:This hack is about 40% completed, Demo1 ends after the 5th gym.
    The game is great but I cannot pick up some items and if I pick some items the game will hang

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • You can spell the last message in intro like- After you become successful in completing your goal please remember to share your achievement with us as we are your partners in this project.
    Thanks, I'll add that to the next revision.
    Thanks a lot for your help, I may begin with fixing the grammar later.
    Glad I could help, I'll try to make some more time for playing in the next few days. I haven't had much free time, and I've barely played any games in the last week or so lol.

If someone could take the time to talk to all NPCs in a certain area and type up a document with the text, it would save me quite a bit of time and I could get going more easily. I could probably make a few minutes each day for updating the list.

So far I've only got the introduction done, so I need a list of all text in game from the end of the introduction to the end of the current beta. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated!

I'm looking forward to playing this again, but like I said I don't have much time these days. I'll try to make some time in the next few days to play again and get some more fixes ready for you, 1158. Keep up the great work! :3

EDIT: New version is the same as before, but with the fix given by punkysaur. No other modifications.

Last edited:
    Years
  • There is item ball in spirulina city near Pokemon center . when I try to pick it, the game crashes. Fix it plz. And in a cave where two fossils are placed , if I talk to the black guy the game freezes

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    one of my favorite hack hope itll not be cancel

I'm not going to cancel it, I think.

WOW this hack makes me really nasty :O
    I look forward to play Beta 2 :)

wbr Mr. Niceguy

I need time for the Beta2, but the maps for Beta2 are almost finished now.

Hey which stone should be used to mega evolve pidgeot

You need normal mega stone for mega evolve Pidgeot.

Is there someone who can tell me the locations of the Mega pokemon so i dont miss them? I missed Pinsir in a cave and didnt even think to look in the wild for one as i didnt know at first thats how you get them. Can someone be kind to leave a location guide for them?

You need to mega evolve them, Mega Pinsir shouldn't be found as wild Pokemon, I've fixed it already, so you need mega stone to mega evolve your Pokemon.

The game is great but I cannot pick up some items and if I pick some items the game will hang

I've fixed this in Beta 1.6. Thanks for telling me this.

Thanks, I'll add that to the next revision.

Glad I could help, I'll try to make some more time for playing in the next few days. I haven't had much free time, and I've barely played any games in the last week or so lol.

If someone could take the time to talk to all NPCs in a certain area and type up a document with the text, it would save me quite a bit of time and I could get going more easily. I could probably make a few minutes each day for updating the list.

So far I've only got the introduction done, so I need a list of all text in game from the end of the introduction to the end of the current beta. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated!

I'm looking forward to playing this again, but like I said I don't have much time these days. I'll try to make some time in the next few days to play again and get some more fixes ready for you, 1158. Keep up the great work! :3

EDIT: New version is the same as before, but with the fix given by punkysaur. No other modifications.

I got it, I'll fix all these things in Beta2.

There is item ball in spirulina city near Pokemon center . when I try to pick it, the game crashes. Fix it plz. And in a cave where two fossils are placed , if I talk to the black guy the game freezes

I've fixed the Pokeball event and the bug which allow you to get into the cave before the event in Covellite Ruins in Beta 1.6. What you need to do now is leave the cave for the event in Covellite Ruins, then come back.Don't skip the event, thanks.

Beta 1.6 released for fixing some bugs. You can reach the next town after the 5th gym in Beta 1.6.

Link:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/rz9xtd

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2016
    1158 I was wondering, will there be an update regarding the movesets , new moves and new abilities?

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2017
    Oooh okay i didnt realize i still had the demo downloaded and not the beta haha thanks!

And once again this game is simply amazing. Id love to maybe see Iris in this game with a Mega Char or Mega Raqyaza that would be amazing.

Years
  • 1158 is this going to be your last hack or something because I read a comment asking not to quit are you quitting after this hack or taking a break after this one. love all your hack by the way :D. If your not quitting hack maybe you make one more hack connecting the first three you made.

SidDays

Professional Lurker
    Years
  • Getting stuck from time to time, but I'm still loving it so far! :D I had a few questions (sorry if already asked):

1. Will you be updating the sprites? The new mega sprites have some weird colors, some of the XY pokemon look kinda weird, and Vivillon is missing a backsprite (its name is also misspelled as Vivilion)

2. Out of curiosity I took the liberty of opening up your hack in YAPE to look how you were handling abilities that didn't exist (e.g. many of the megas, Pyroar, etc). Will you be taking suggestions on these? (for example, IMO Rough skin fits better than sturdy on Ferrothorn)

also I noticed Scatterbug and Spewpa don't have second abilities but Vivillon does (that way Vivillon won't ever legally get compoundeyes, right? correct me if I'm wrong.)
    3. Will you be adding the physical/split special icons? It would be really handy if you did!
    Anyway, great work so far, I think yours are the only hacks with megas with some substantial progress!

Years
  • Hey 1158 why does the patch say pkmn mega power 1.6.gba and when I try to play it its a white screen did you mess up oh and when I try to play it before the 1.6 came out every time time i try to talk to the leader of Delta it freezes, i am in the cave when you have your first mega delta battle.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2022
    there are a lot of glitches outside of 1st cave, and in this cave I can't pick up 2 items, yes I have newest beta installed
    2dl43d5.png

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2024
    Hey 1158 why does the patch say pkmn mega power 1.6.gba and when I try to play it its a white screen did you mess up oh and when I try to play it before the 1.6 came out every time time i try to talk to the leader of Delta it freezes, i am in the cave when you have your first mega delta battle.

Try renaming the .gba part to .ups then patch it to a Pokemon Emerald rom

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    1158 I was wondering, will there be an update regarding the movesets , new moves and new abilities?

I think there'll be new moves, but there'll not be any new abilities, I think, sorry.

Oooh okay i didnt realize i still had the demo downloaded and not the beta haha thanks!

And once again this game is simply amazing. Id love to maybe see Iris in this game with a Mega Char or Mega Raqyaza that would be amazing.

Thanks, but I don't think Iris will have mega Rayquazza if she would be in the game. But Mega Rayquazza will be available.

1158 is this going to be your last hack or something because I read a comment asking not to quit are you quitting after this hack or taking a break after this one. love all your hack by the way :D. If your not quitting hack maybe you make one more hack connecting the first three you made.

I'm sure that I didn't talk about anything about this, so I'm not sure if I will work on the next project yet. But I didn't say that I would quit yet. At least, this will not happen before I finish this hack.

Getting stuck from time to time, but I'm still loving it so far! :D I had a few questions (sorry if already asked):

1. Will you be updating the sprites? The new mega sprites have some weird colors, some of the XY pokemon look kinda weird, and Vivillon is missing a backsprite (its name is also misspelled as Vivilion)

2. Out of curiosity I took the liberty of opening up your hack in YAPE to look how you were handling abilities that didn't exist (e.g. many of the megas, Pyroar, etc). Will you be taking suggestions on these? (for example, IMO Rough skin fits better than sturdy on Ferrothorn)

also I noticed Scatterbug and Spewpa don't have second abilities but Vivillon does (that way Vivillon won't ever legally get compoundeyes, right? correct me if I'm wrong.)
    3. Will you be adding the physical/split special icons? It would be really handy if you did!
    Anyway, great work so far, I think yours are the only hacks with megas with some substantial progress!

I tested it out and the sprite of Vivilion is normal, by the way, if I would like to change the sprites of the mega Pokemon, I need to make them by myself before that, I don't know if I have time to do that. I make Mega Pokemon as strong as they had the correct abilities by so many ways like increasing their base stat or use another ability. So I think I can make the game balanced now. About some second abilities that doesn't exist, just ignore them as they'll not be used. As for physical/special icons, if I learn to make them, I'll do it, but not yet.

Hey 1158 why does the patch say pkmn mega power 1.6.gba and when I try to play it its a white screen did you mess up oh and when I try to play it before the 1.6 came out every time time i try to talk to the leader of Delta it freezes, i am in the cave when you have your first mega delta battle.

Why don't you finish the event in the ruins before that? You shouldn't be able to enter the cave before you finish the event in the fixed beta. Get out of the cave and finish the event, please.

there are a lot of glitches outside of 1st cave, and in this cave I can't pick up 2 items, yes I have newest beta installed
    2dl43d5.png

These bugs are fixed in the newest Beta 1.7, thanks a lot for reporting.

Beta 1.7 released for fixing some bugs, the game ends after the first battle with Trevor.

Years
  • I think there'll be new moves, but there'll not be any new abilities, I think, sorry.

Thanks, but I don't think Iris will have mega Rayquazza if she would be in the game. But Mega Rayquazza will be available.

I'm sure that I didn't talk about anything about this, so I'm not sure if I will work on the next project yet. But I didn't say that I would quit yet. At least, this will not happen before I finish this hack.

I tested it out and the sprite of Vivilion is normal, by the way, if I would like to change the sprites of the mega Pokemon, I need to make them by myself before that, I don't know if I have time to do that. I make Mega Pokemon as strong as they had the correct abilities by so many ways like increasing their base stat or use another ability. So I think I can make the game balanced now. About some second abilities that doesn't exist, just ignore them as they'll not be used. As for physical/special icons, if I learn to make them, I'll do it, but not yet.

Why don't you finish the event in the ruins before that? You shouldn't be able to enter the cave before you finish the event in the fixed beta. Get out of the cave and finish the event, please.

These bugs are fixed in the newest Beta 1.7, thanks a lot for reporting.

Beta 1.7 released for fixing some bugs, the game ends after the first battle with Trevor.

What ruins i am in the flaut cave and i am at the boss it just freeze when i talk to him

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2014
    Great Work .. The Game iz interesting ... Forests really look real
    8)
    how can i evolve RIOLU is it by Happiness or level?? Is it possible to have more than one megas in the team...just lyk many other of our challengers have..afterall it is MEGA POWER 8)

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Downloaded the patch but i won't work. I tried to patch it but it just says: "Failed! Input checksum is invalid."
    Is their a specific patcher I need to use or something?

Back