• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Mystic Edition

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    - Pokemon: Mystic Edition -
    Yayz.gif
    Introduction:

• This hack has been on hiatus since 2010 due to various reasons, mainly due to my loss of interest in rom hacking. Over the last few months I have began exploring my flash drives sitting about the house. I came across one with the extent of my hacking tools and roms left behind. Over the last few weeks I have tinkered and relearned some basics and am set to work. As a rom hacker years ago, I had trouble staying with a project. But now, albeit slowly, I plan on putting in work and finishing my last project, Pokemon Mystic. Without further ado, I present my new (old) hack.
    Story:

• To the west of Johto is the land of Lurre (/ˈlo.rə/). This land like its fellow regions is quite the tranquil place for a trainer to start out at. It has 8 gyms throughout the region and a central battle finale known as simply 'the six'. Strangely enough though odd occurrences have been happening through out the land. Abductions of trainers, gym leaders mysteriously vanishing and stories of fright from around the cities. Some say Team Mystic has been snooping around for a while now, others say that the region's central powers, 'the six' have been exterminating competition. But truly no one knows.

Helio Town, present day.

A child whose father is a renowned pokemon professor nears the age of eligibility to gain their first Pokemon. Unaware of the turmoil around the region you start on your journey in to the unknown. How much does your father know of the situation though? Why has he acting so strange recently? Maybe he is just trying to keep it a secret that he is about to give you your first pokemon... Maybe he is on the brink of a huge discovery... Find this all out and more in Pokemon: Mystic Edition!
    Features:

• This game will be packed full of new features.
    • Explore the 'Mystic Realm'
    • A whole new region, full of new tiles and more
    • New pokemon? What lurks in the Mystic realm...
    • New story dynamics
    • Mini-games
    • Become yet another Pokemon master
    • Meet Ash, and others from the manga and anime (Not strict to canon)
    Screenshots:
    Photo_Collage_Mystic_Update.png
    Credits:

• Gas13 - Titlescreen graphic
    • Neslug - Suicune mug art
    • Zeikku - Graphics
    • Kyledove - Overworlds/Tiles
    • ZodiacDaGreat - Help and Inspiration
    • Maniuplation - Storyline helped a bit
    • Zel!x - Overworlds/Tiles
    • TB Pro - Tiles
    • WesleyFG - Tiles
    • Alistair - Tiles
    • Alucus - Tiles
    • More to come as I insert more
    ...Thanks for your interest...

Footnote:
    • Respect the fact that this hack will take time. I plan on working diligently and taking advantage of the time I can work on this which may not be as much as I want. Anyways, it's good to be back, cheers.

Last edited:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Reserving this post for *large* future updates.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Its cool to see an old face coming back to the hacking scene after so long, particularly since it seems that you've still got your skills intact. I'm liking the screenshots that you've released so far. You've obviously made the starting town but have you gone any further than that? Route 1 or anything else?

Anyway, I hope you do well with Mystic and stay with it :D

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    this looks awesome, I look forward for new updates
    love it panda
    Looks sweet! Can't wait to see how it plays.

Thanks, excited to put out a polished product. And thanks Logan ;).

Its cool to see an old face coming back to the hacking scene after so long, particularly since it seems that you've still got your skills intact. I'm liking the screenshots that you've released so far. You've obviously made the starting town but have you gone any further than that? Route 1 or anything else?

Anyway, I hope you do well with Mystic and stay with it :D

So far I have completed maps for the following: Helio Town (starting town), Old Route 4, and Pinecrest City. Scripting has begun for the start of the game as well. I am spriting some tiles for a power-plant area as well as a Silph HQ for the region of Lurre. Hope this information helps. And thanks Fuji, glad to see you again pal.

Last edited:

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • This hack looks pretty cool from the palettes so far, really hope it does get completed within a reasonable amount of time. Too many hacks that fall into limbo because of how long they'll take to complete.

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen today
    This hack seems really interesting! I just hope that you got permission to use that player ow sprite, because it looks exactly like the hero sprite from dark rising 2, except with a darker palette. Anyways, good luck!

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    This hack seems really interesting! I just hope that you got permission to use that player ow sprite, because it looks exactly like the hero sprite from dark rising 2, except with a darker palette. Anyways, good luck!

The overworlds used are public domain (and placeholders at the moment in game), they were sprited by Zel!x. I assume the ones in Dark Rising 2 were edited from these.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    It's cool to see you hacking again after all these years, and I'm expecting really great things from you.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Very nostalgic to see some old members returning, hope you stick around!

If you're continuing work on an old hack you should definitely consider implementing some of the advancements of the past few years. Stuff like the P/S split is almost mandatory nowadays, and of course there have been countless other little improvements and updates too. Good luck.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • This looks gorgeous. Seems like 2018 is the rise of the Veterans in the Rom Hacking scene. First we have Logan (Whom I remember as Manipulation) and now you as well as Diegoisawesome returning. Good luck!

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Thank you for your words of encouragement and it's good to see some old faces around here. I plan on implementing newer features I find interesting and things that will fit the theme of the game.
    [h1][/h1]Minor update:
    Here is a preview of the new professor I designed (your father). Text will be edited to fit new relation in game (of course your father didn't just meet you...)​

OhGodYes.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Really liking the look of everything you have so far! All the best with this project, and welcome back =) x

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Another few edits have been done to the title and bootscreen:
    Bootscreen.png
    giphy.gif

Also, here are a few revisions to some of the maps and some new scans:

Location.png
    NiceSeat.png

OldRoute.png
    Route_Entry.png

Last edited:

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019
    Another few edits have been done to the title and bootscreen:
    Bootscreen.png
    giphy.gif

Also, here are a few revisions to some of the maps and some new scans:

Location.png
    NiceSeat.png

OldRoute.png
    Route_Entry.png

Is the Gym Building going to be changed?
    It seems to stick out to me, because it's a different style.

Other than that, everything looks so good ~

Back