• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Orange Islands

Years
  • Nice Hack! I beat it but can someone create a guide (or maybe already exists and i just can't find one) on legendaries? I have Mewtwo, articuno, moltres, and zapdos

there's probably no need for a guide or walk through. game is pretty straightforward and I too enjoyed playing it (I played it on my Win10 PC a few months ago using latest versions of mGBA and VBA-M with no problems)
    those are the only 4 legendaries available in this game - you got them all 😃

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Just hit credits on this game, excellent work Kalarie! The tilework for the world is my favorite of any rom I've played so far.

Can I get a list of those games you recommended in the credits. I didn't get time to note them all down.

Years
    • Seen today
    @GamerGrant

Thanks;) The ones I noted were Gaia, Fire Red Rocket Edition, Dark Violet, Sienna, Unbound, CrystalDust (unfortunately discontinued), Orange (GBA, unfortunately discontinued), Pokemon Coral (GBC) and Pokemon Orange (GBC).

I'd also recommend Saffron (still in progress).

Years
  • I'm a bit late to the bandwagon, but I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work and for sharing this with us all! I loaded the ROM onto my 3DS and have been enjoying it immensely for the past couple days, my friends are tired of me rambling about it already XD The sheer amount of detail and attention and passion you've poured into this is blatantly clear--it reads like a love letter to its respective season in the anime.

I was very excited to find that I could bring Muk (one of my underrated faves) along on the journey :)
    dbFqVFx

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2021
    Hi everyone from Spain. This hack is amazing!! But I have 2 problems:

I have finished the game and I dont know how to evolve my Bulbasaur and Squirtle... Bulbasaur is at level 50 jajajaja. Squirtle is in a box on pc...

I have Ash's Pikachu at level 50 too, and it doesnt want a thunderstone, but I caught other Pikachu and this other one doesnt accept a thunder stone neither!!! Is it normal???

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    @Stormadriel

Thanks! Always happy to hear when people like the game:)

@enfermo

In the English version (my original version), Ash's Pokemon evolve in the same manner as in Fire Red. Which means Squirtle and Bulbasaur evolve between level 14-16 and Pikachu evolves by using a Thunderstone on it.

For some reason, the Spanish translators decided it was a good idea to remove these evolutions and make Ivysaur and Wartortle (and probably Raichu as well) directly catchable in the wild. I found this a bad idea and suggested to change it back (also for consistancy's sake). Apparently, they didn't decide to change it back though.

Years
  • On the topic of translations: Almost 2 months ago, I found a Chinese translation:
    orangeislands-chinese1.png
    orangeislands-chinese2.png
    orangeislands-chinese3.png

orangeislands-chinese4.png
    orangeislands-chinese5.png
    orangeislands-chinese6.png

Not everything is translated though. The title screen, the Pokédex entries, item descriptions, some signposts and various menus are still English. The ROM was also expanded to 32 MB.

Years
    • Seen today
    @Green Jerry

I've never seen the Chinese version before. Where did you get the screenshots from?

Unfortunately, they translated an older version (from what I can deduce out of the screenshots).

Last edited:
    Years
  • @Green Jerry

I've never seen the Chinese version before. Where did you get this screenshots from?

Unfortunately, they translated an older version (from what I can deduce out of the screenshots).
    I found it on one of these Chinese sites that puts the ROMs in .apk files, and took the screenshots myself.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023
    Hi, I've been playing and just loving this game, tho i do have a couple questions....just a few thinks i need a lil assistance on

1. Does tangela evolve?

2. Where can i find moonstones? Cause i have three pokemon that need those to evolve...

3.....i kinda missed some trainers...and i can't remember who.....so does anyone know which routes i can find Hitmonlee, Kahgaskhan, dratini and charmander....also Krabby.. Like the pokedex says i can find Krabby everywhere...but no matter what method i use ( surfing, diving or fishing) and no matter where i am...i can't find Krabby anywhere...is it just a low encounter rate or am i doing something wrong?

And last but nit least

4. What do o need to do to get a mystic ticket?....so i can get Ditto...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    @Starchic

Glad to hear that;)

1: No, only Gen I is available.
    2: There are a few as (hidden) items on Pinkan Island, Route J and New Island. Also, wild Clefairy can carry one.
    3: Hitmonlee: Rare encounter on Route M, Kangaskhan: Rare encounter Route N, Dratini: Water Route N, Charmander: Route N, Krabby: Good Rod.
    4: Catch more than 100 Pokemon and talk to Tracey in Pallet Town.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023
    Omg, thank you so much 😊 your game is so awesome btw...i've actually been getting bored/burnt out from other roms ( so many are so similar) but yours has been su h a fresh rom with a new feel to it

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Hi!:) Can u pls tell me what are the level caps for the gym trainers? (I would like to play it totally blind, and just to have some helping notes about the levels...) Thank u in advance!

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    @elikiraly

There are no level caps.

I believe they mean the leader levels; some people prefer not having their Pokemon a higher level than the gym itself, or perhaps want to do a nuzlocke without getting obliterated accidentally :D

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2022
    The last time that I was here was in October 2020. I got demotivated and quit playing, but now I've returned. I started over, but am already past where I had originally reached. I didn't notice that this received some updates ever since! I'm not being able to apply the updates... These technical things... "Lunar IPS," "Squirrels"... They need me to do research, troubleshooting and to get to know them... It's just easier for me to continue playing with what I had already previously set up in 2020, which I got working. I tried using the IPS patch on two files that I had laying around: "Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).gba" and "Pokemon - Fire Red Version (U) (V1.1).gba." Both apply successfully, but then give a white screen when trying to play. I don't know, it requires too much work to look into all of this and get to know exactly what needs to be done... I'm just continuing with my old working files from 2020 for now.

As I'm playing, I continue to come across a few spelling errors, let's say.
    Spoiler:

I shouldn't bother with this one... Anyway, here, I met a new character, so we didn't know each other. They then called me ASH right away, not suiting how we had just met for a supposed first time.
    Spoiler:

And, perhaps more importantly... I'm stuck too. I barely tried to solve the puzzle of what to do next, but, regardless, I'm stuck, alright. Three guys playing a game of sitting on the stairs are blocking Moro. On Navel island, I cannot go up the mountain to reach the gym, which is the second one, as there's no visible way to reach the snowy area up next. However, now editing this post with an update, I've actually already figured it out. Of course that I knew that Rock Climb is a little hard to see, but it just had to be there... :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    The last time that I was here was in October 2020. I got demotivated and quit playing, but now I've returned. I started over, but am already past where I had originally reached. I didn't notice that this received some updates ever since! I'm not being able to apply the updates... These technical things... "Lunar IPS," "Squirrels"... They need me to do research, troubleshooting and to get to know them... It's just easier for me to continue playing with what I had already previously set up in 2020, which I got working. I tried using the IPS patch on two files that I had laying around: "Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).gba" and "Pokemon - Fire Red Version (U) (V1.1).gba." Both apply successfully, but then give a white screen when trying to play. I don't know, it requires too much work to look into all of this and get to know exactly what needs to be done... I'm just continuing with my old working files from 2020 for now.

Can't recommend that. Not any form of support is provided for dated/previous versions. Not even sure whether the version you're playing is even completed. As with pretty much any ROM hack, use an English version of Fire Red 1.0 as base ROM (Squirrels being one of those). The process of patching should be very simple, check out this thread if you need help: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=458595.

As I'm playing, I continue to come across a few spelling errors, let's say.
    Spoiler:

Noted.

Spoiler:

I'm neither British or American, so as far as I know both artifacts and artefacts should be fine. I should probably make it more consistent. Noted. The part you mention about the new character you meet is not true. In the scene prior to the possibility of seeing this text box, she introduces herself.

And, perhaps more importantly... I'm stuck too. I barely tried to solve the puzzle of what to do next, but, regardless, I'm stuck, alright. Three guys playing a game of sitting on the stairs are blocking Moro. On Navel island, I cannot go up the mountain to reach the gym, which is the second one, as there's no visible way to reach the snowy area up next. However, now editing this post with an update, I've actually already figured it out. Of course that I knew that Rock Climb is a little hard to see, but it just had to be there... :)

You can use the climb kit to reach the top of Navel Island. After you've beaten the gym leader, you should be able to continue to Moro Island.

Last edited:
    Back