• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Professor Oak's Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2020
    loving this hack, Cool screenies and any idea on a beta/alpha release date I WANNA PLAY IT!!!!!!!!!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Yes, the screenshots look really nice. Though, I'm not sure about having two different styles for towns/routes (the snow-styled is fine, I'm refering to the greenie ones), because the darker ones look a bit more realistic while the other ones look more "classic" to the Pokemon games (and in my opinion the darker ones are more unique)
    The difference is quite big, it's as if they were from two different games.

I'm not really complaining, I'm just wondering if it'd work, that's all.

Hermaniac

Donkey Summoner
    Years
  • Hey hey, excellent plot, for once a reason to wander around the country alone on foot.

Seeing as it is a hack of Fire Red, and it is about murder, i would have thought the obvious choice for name would be Pokemon Blood Red.

Years
  • Yes, the screenshots look really nice. Though, I'm not sure about having two different styles for towns/routes (the snow-styled is fine, I'm refering to the greenie ones), because the darker ones look a bit more realistic while the other ones look more "classic" to the Pokemon games (and in my opinion the darker ones are more unique)
    The difference is quite big, it's as if they were from two different games.

I'm not really complaining, I'm just wondering if it'd work, that's all.
    Yea... I'm actually thinking about that. I'd like a little variety in the towns/routes. But, like you said, it looks a little odd. I'm having trouble transitioning... its quite difficult. As they are different tilesets, it appears I need to make a warp to get there, so a building between the routes and changed tilesets. I may need to go through and change some of the tilesets. I may start with all that greenish forest stuff, then that leads to the islands, the islands go through to a desert, then transitions to a forest which transitions to the snowy area, which transitions back through to the jungle stuff. The transitions are hard, and I may redo the tiles and stuff, but I like some of the tiles and don't want to change them. but it may be best to do that. thanks for the input! I'm gonna try hard to figure it out...

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • This hack has a very unique story. It seems to be different from all the rest where nothing bad can happen to the professor yet here, he's murdered. Nice progress regardless of the iPhone 3g release.

sammydabammy

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    This is really dark and mysterious, the stuff I like.
    I really like this hack.
    Great tilesets.
    Gives it a new feel.

Good work :D

Years
  • It all sounds impressive, I assume you given a lot of thought to the plot.
    Good luck with it! I hope it'll be a success!

POKEMAN££

Dragonite power :):):)
    Years
  • No offence Austinia this is a great hack. But the story seems a bit to creepy for kids.
    Well ok pokemon is basically exploring and training a group of creatures then use then to kick ass.
    But this is a bit to drastic just because of the murder part. Maybe just instead of the gunshot part maybe a pokemon battle?
    But still this a great hack so if you want it to appeal to younger people please just erase the murder part. Remember the screenies look Great

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    omg why is everyone saying this story sucks? it rocks!!! and please finish this soon!!!

Years
  • @Pokeman- Its not going to be gory. Most the people on these forums are at least 13. I'm sure they've read some murder mysteries and been exposed to this. Plus the majority thing its a nice idea.

Also.... @ everyone. I am currently working on a snow tileset and have completed a town map, 2 routes, and a mountain (completed most of the cave inside it... which leads to an event to catch articuno ;))

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Read/Watch "Case Closed!". If you like, I can offer you a few tips!

You know a funny fact? In my writing exam, I used a "Case Closed!" episode and changed a few stuff, and guess what? I got very high marks! (Though the bad thing was I wanted to create a cliffhanger situation, so I didn't tell the teacher the murderer and how he did it, and she said she was confused and didn't give me full marks. DUH...)

Years
  • Update 7-20-08:
    I'm sure you guys would expect a big update after about a week. I assure you, much has been added, and I will show everyone the updates when I decide to take more screenshots. So, I was testing out youtube to see if I could maybe make a video instead of just screenshots, and it works. So, I will post one video of MYSTIC WOODS where you catch celebi later in the game.

The actual battle is not scripted, but I have scripted an articuno event and know how to do it, so it will be soon. Also, the grass animation is NOT fixed yet, I know how to change the colors, but I have several grass that use the same animation so that will be fixed soon!

Anyways, enjoy! I will post a video of the articuno event once I finish all the scripting (I will say its about 80% done)

MYSTIC FOREST (catch celebi)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    well, it was a nice vid. =3

though I do think you should fix the heroes Overworld when he walks downwards for the shade of his hat swaps... :\

also, i think it would be a better idea if there are some more trees and flowers behind Celebi. =3

anyways, good luck with this hack project. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    This is one of the top hacks I want to play. It seems very interesting and the graphics are great, I hope to play a beta soon. Good luck on everything!

Years
  • well, it was a nice vid. =3

though I do think you should fix the heroes Overworld when he walks downwards for the shade of his hat swaps... :\

also, i think it would be a better idea if there are some more trees and flowers behind Celebi. =3

anyways, good luck with this hack project. :)
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will add some more trees =) I think celebi is gonna--- opps, I shouldn't say =D but ya. I'll add some. and I accidently screwed up the overworld sprite testing stuff. I'll fix it once I make the actual detective sprite (or find someone preferably who would make me it :p)

Souls1996

The guy who loves Eevees
    Years
  • Im sorry... I killed Prof. Oak... He made me mad because he wouldn't give me a starter pokemon... Anyway great hack!

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2021
    The Screenshots Is Damn Awesome!
    and i mean ALL of them... I Cant wait to play it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back