• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
  • That's awesome, I'm also hoping to get accepted to College for Game Development, though I'm going to have to wait about a year before I start applying, but kudos to you!

And, Neo I can't wait to see more of your work!
    Same here and i also wanna be a mathamatician (i can do year 9 maths)
    But im in year 4 :(

Atomic Reactor

The game wont be completed for a while still.
    So just be patient.

uzeep

NetNavi Battler
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2009
    Yo Dude i like your creation and the progress. If u need anything specific ask me or PM me including for anyone who needs help. I will try since i got too much pokemon stuff and creation.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I haven't been posting because I'm in college now and just haven't had time to work on my game.
    I also am working part time, so when I finish college (around 4- or earlier depending on my timetable), I'm in work at 6. I don't really be home until around 10/10.30 at night.

I'm having a great time in college (studying game development as I said before) and it's so sweet. I'll be using this to help improve Protectors.

I'm always on Calis Projects, so if you ask anything there, you will get a faster reply. Heck, I wrote a blog on my forum about how development will slow down.

But, I am looking to get some help from some guys in college. I'm hoping they can apply what we are learning about in programing (which is mostly variables and conditional branches) into the point and click style of Rm2k3. So, if someone I trust jumps on board, things may move at normal pace.

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
    Years
  • I haven't been posting because I'm in college now and just haven't had time to work on my game.
    I also am working part time, so when I finish college (around 4- or earlier depending on my timetable), I'm in work at 6. I don't really be home until around 10/10.30 at night.

I'm having a great time in college (studying game development as I said before) and it's so sweet. I'll be using this to help improve Protectors.

It's understandable that development slows down. The good news is that all the good stuff you'll learn, you'll be able to apply to Protectors!

By the way, which college are you going to? I've always wanted to go college for video game development. =)

Atomic Reactor

it irritates everybody. especially the creator of the game.
    He'll release it when he thinks it's ready.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Yeah, please don't ask when a demo is coming out. I'm not going to rush it. I want to add as much detail and reply-ability as possible to it, so I'm always going over old code, and adding in ways to interact with newer features.

Since a lot of people have been thinking this game is dead and what not, I decided to post a screenshot of some stuff I've added.
    Pokemon Protectors
    I have been messing around with character sets and tilesets (notice some platinum> Protectors style palm trees, new ground tiles too.
    Since Pokemon Platinum is only out, this kinda shows that this is something I've only worked on.
    So like, it aint a screenshot from awhile ago or what-not.
    Again, just to show work is going on in the game lol.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Sorry to the mods for double posting, I know I shouldn't, but no one replied, and I got a small update.

Got 2 more screenshots for you showing off the new look to Lamos City. This is one of the biggest cities in the Altar Region. This town features a lot of custom or edited tiles (some from Pokemon Platinum), so hopefully you'll find it appealing.
    It (the city) has the usual marts,centers and gyms, but also has another building that is pretty special (which is the purple building in the screenshots). What is in this building? Well, I'm not finished coding it yet, so you will have to wait and see, but for now, here is 2 teaser screenshots.

Please note: The city has NO NPCs in it yet, so it does look a little empty, but in terms of tile work- it's not really.
    Also, credit to Don Patch (alistar) for the roofs of some houses.
    Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors

Last edited:

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • Neo, the images can only be viewed by entering the details for the cPanel of that host or site or whatever. Maybe you can upload it somewhere else or fix that. Everytime a member/guest/staff views this thread, an authentification screen appears.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Sorry. Fixed that. Had them up on my hosting, but in the wrong place.
    Anyways- I've edited the post and replaced the images with imageshack links.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Those screens look great man just real nice looking lol...amd thanks again for those tiles.

Atomic Reactor

are those white buildings the ones i edited?
    just curious. lol. i dont remember if they are or not.

need any more maps?

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
    Years

I'm always on Calis Projects, so if you ask anything there, you will get a faster reply. Heck, I wrote a blog on my forum about how development will slow down.

But, I am looking to get some help from some guys in college. I'm hoping they can apply what we are learning about in programing (which is mostly variables and conditional branches) into the point and click style of Rm2k3. So, if someone I trust jumps on board, things may move at normal pace.
    Well i could help you if you wanted just PM me!
    PS. I am better at custom stuff than the usual stuff

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Hey.
    Thanks for the comments.
    @Atomic_Reactor:
    The buildings with the green roofs? Maybe. I can't remember. It was on my tileset, but can't remember if you edited it or not.
    The Buildings with Alistar's roofs? No.

Small Update
    Hey everyone. I took some quick screenshots just to show some progress is still going on with this game. For those who haven't read my latest blog(do so at my forum), I've now found a way to work on Protectors in College when I get free time, so I'll always try and get something done each day.
    Mostly coding stuff while in college.
    At home though, it's mostly cosmetic updates (such as the last one- now this).

So I got two battle shots.
    One is showing off the fact that I now have added "moving" backsprites from Platinum, the second shows off new colors to the battle commands.
    Enjoy.
    Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors

Atomic Reactor

keep up the great work.
    ill go check out the blog :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back