• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Hey there. So I started the hack at Lilycove and loving it so far, however an hour in I noticed as soon as I came out of the Safari Zone my name changed from "Kori" to "0pri". I didn't notice until when I was saving as I exited, because of course I didn't expect my name to change and I caught good mons. I am playing on a Analogue Pocket on a Everdrive GBA of that matters. Just wanted to say I was loving the hack and wanted to report the bug, thank you for your hard work on this.

Edit: just to be clear I see the workaround in the notes, just wanted to give a heads up still.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hey there. So I started the hack at Lilycove and loving it so far, however an hour in I noticed as soon as I came out of the Safari Zone my name changed from "Kori" to "0pri". I didn't notice until when I was saving as I exited, because of course I didn't expect my name to change and I caught good mons. I am playing on a Analogue Pocket on a Everdrive GBA of that matters. Just wanted to say I was loving the hack and wanted to report the bug, thank you for your hard work on this.

Edit: just to be clear I see the workaround in the notes, just wanted to give a heads up still.

Yup. Name change is a common issue. It seems to be related to dexnav.

HosawaSume

{Aurora}
    Years
    • Seen today
    - (+)(-)Type x4 is not displayed, instead is x2

- sometimes move will show wrong Type

- in double battle, when the right pokemon faints and the default move targets the left pokemon, the move still shows (+)(-)Type of the right pokemon

- can only see (+)(-)Type of right pokemon if using wide area move.

- the Freeze-Dry move shows (+)(-)Type Ice move normally instead of x2 with water

- Mimikyu gets a Bug: Mimikyu's ability nullifies an attack on self once. But if Mimikyu attacks the opponent, the opponent will run Mimikyu's ability animation. The opponent still takes damage but the ability will be consumed

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    should add a confirmation alert when resetting the EV to avoid accidentally pressing

Not a bad idea. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to add a confirmation on stats page. Maybe he can adjust it to a dual button press.

- (+)(-)Type x4 is not displayed, instead is x2

- sometimes move will show wrong Type

- in double battle, when the right pokemon faints and the default move targets the left pokemon, the move still shows (+)(-)Type of the right pokemon

- can only see (+)(-)Type of right pokemon if using wide area move.

- the Freeze-Dry move shows (+)(-)Type Ice move normally instead of x2 with water

- Mimikyu gets a Bug: Mimikyu's ability nullifies an attack on self once. But if Mimikyu attacks the opponent, the opponent will run Mimikyu's ability animation. The opponent still takes damage but the ability will be consumed

Regarding your first four, the type weakness/resistance thing is still fairly new. It'll probably get a few tweaks.

For your last bug, I haven't personally tested that, but I remember one using Shadow Sneak to attack first and it didn't use it up. Nonetheless, I'll test that when I get some time.

Riolu's a busy man, taking on multiple projects at once. :P

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Hello everyone, today I would like to bring you an update focused on adding a sort of Online support where you can get mystery gifts, roamers and hordes in real time without having to update your game using mgba on a Windows Pc and an Internet Browser along with some bugfixes and changes that people may or may not like
    Changelog 1.9.1
    Spoiler:

Download link and Patcher:
    https://belialclover.github.io/Rowe-Patcher/

Download R.O.W.E. Companion:
    https://belialclover.github.io/Rowe-Patcher/files/ROWE_Companion.lua

Documentation
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KLZzrJXDfLtjz7LQKneX0y6b42z8GKOC8DfBNxYqMM0/edit?usp=sharing

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2023
    Are you able to get Hisui forms? Also, I've been searching for Zorua on the cave of Origin for a while. Is it just low odds or is there a badge requirement?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Hello, everyone, I just want to tell you all that a new Companion update just released, this contain optimization for people who had problems before and remove the need to take steps in game, the companion page also updated with an option to send all the data at once so you don't have any problems sending multiple stuff.
    You don't need to update your game and only need to update the companion app, the companion page now tells you what type of outbreak, mystery gift and roamers are available and what you need to obtain them or where to find them this way its easier for users outside the discord server, I will try to create a guide so people here can use the companion app without having to join the discord to ask other people, you can also ask here btw

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Are you able to get Hisui forms? Also, I've been searching for Zorua on the cave of Origin for a while. Is it just low odds or is there a badge requirement?

The closest thing to Hisuian forms you'll see will be obtained with an Exiolite. Example: Bisharp, Primape and Ursaring will gain their evos stats once it hits a high enough level, but they won't gain any new types/abilities/moves.

Sand Spit (Ability) of Silicobra and Sandaconda doesn't work :(((

It's one of a few that don't unfortunately. Maybe it'll be fixed in a future update.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Good afternoon everyone, today I would like to bring you an update focused on 2 big things, the first is the fix of a really critical bug that caused save corruption after playing for a while and the second is a Companion related feature, this will let you create and share passwords of your team so other users can battle your trainer in-game this was a really big task so I hope you like this feature and use R.O.W.E. companion if you haven't already since there are some neat features coming in the future related to it
    Changelog 1.9.2
    Spoiler:

Documentation
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KLZzrJXDfLtjz7LQKneX0y6b42z8GKOC8DfBNxYqMM0/edit?usp=sharing

Since this is a big feature I still need you to test the update so I called the update 1.9.2 beta and will update it if there is any big issue with it

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    A new batch of stuff just came to the companion, the past stuff can still be accessed in the same page using the past options of outbreak, roamer and mystery gift if you missed any of it you can use these options, I plan to keep at least 2 of each at the time so its easier on the players that are busy and don't want to miss stuff, I also added a password trainer for everyone to battle, this week its the Discord user @STINKY who shared its password in the Discord Server, if you want to be the next week trainer be sure to share your trainer password in ⁠trainer-password-discussion, if you don't want to be added to the companion page just add that to your message

New Outbreak:
    A new outbreak was found on route 103, its a Psyduck with the exclusive move Petal Dance, you don't need any badge to get it and has a 30% chance of appearing

New Roamer:
    A new roamer Pokemon was found, its a completely normal level 5 Magikarp, you don't need any badge to get it (This was the result of a poll made in the discord server)

New Mystery Gift Re-run:
    A new Mystery Gift Pokemon was found, its a Battle Bond Greninja, you need 6 badges to get it

New Password Trainer:
    This week Password trainer is Tsukki_dreams from the same server

You can connect to the companion here:
    https://belialclover.github.io/Rowe-Patcher/companion.html

HosawaSume

{Aurora}
    Years
    • Seen today
    Bug report:
    - Mimikyu will lose Disguise if she attacks first
    - Rayquaza can't Mega even after learning Dragon Ascent
    - Rayquaza can enter Battle Frontier but other legends can't
    - Ferrothorn will Self-Destruct if it comes out first even without that move
    - Nidoqueen does not lose health while holding a Life Orb
    - Imposter Ditto shows a new ability instead of Imposter when active
    - Girl character without BW Costume
    - Girl character is sometimes changed to Boy character when exiting Oldaler Town Center
    - bottom of Entei's stairs go close to the top right corner. 2 steps left, 1 step down will see a strange arrow
    - From the entrance to Berry Forest, go down and swim to the bottom left corner, you can go through the rock near the wall
    - Articuno will sometimes respawn (perhaps after defeating Steve or the Elite Four)
    - Level ball should be increased catch rate according to player's Pokémon level instead of level difference. You can't go more than four times the level while you are limited and the wild pokemon level up
    - The price of Power Candy is not reasonable compared to Feather. Candy can add from 6->36 IV = 6->36 Feather = ->1,800->10,800 Money. In the maximum case only Candy is better than Feather. But Candy is prone to IV overflow. Although not very short of money, but in terms of price and performance Feather is much better.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Bug report:
    1. Mimikyu will lose Disguise if she attacks first
    2. can't Mega even after learning Dragon Ascent
    3. can enter Battle Frontier but other legends can't
    4. will Self-Destruct if it comes out first even without that move
    5 does not lose health while holding a Life Orb
    6. Imposter Ditto shows a new ability instead of Imposter when active
    7. Girl character without BW Costume
    8. Girl character is sometimes changed to Boy character when exiting Oldaler Town Center
    9. bottom of Entei's stairs go close to the top right corner. 2 steps left, 1 step down will see a strange arrow
    10. From the entrance to Berry Forest, go down and swim to the bottom left corner, you can go through the rock near the wall
    11. Articuno will sometimes respawn (perhaps after defeating Steve or the Elite Four)
    12. Level ball should be increased catch rate according to player's Pokémon level instead of level difference. You can't go more than four times the level while you are limited and the wild pokemon level up
    13. The price of Power Candy is not reasonable compared to Feather. Candy can add from 6->36 IV = 6->36 Feather = ->1,800->10,800 Money. In the maximum case only Candy is better than Feather. But Candy is prone to IV overflow. Although not very short of money, but in terms of price and performance Feather is much better.

#'s 1 and 2: These two are known and may be fixed next version.
    #3: Not a bug. This was intended.
    #4: Can you expand on this? I use Ferrothorn and it's NEVER done this.
    #5: Sheer Force. It's supposed to be that way.
    #6: There seems to be some errors with Imposter. Sometimes, it will activate on the other Pokemon.
    #7: That's because it doesn't exist yet. Not a bug.
    #8: I've heard reports of this. I don't think we know exactly what causes this.
    #9: That's a visual bug. No harm will come from it.
    #10: Probably just a movement permission oversight. I'll let Riolu know.
    #11: Expand on this, if possible. I'm not sure if Riolu added a check in case it was knocked out and not caught so it will respawn.
    #12: Agreed. Also, Nest Ball as well.
    #13: Probably not a bad point.

Years
  • Hi, so I have searched google. I have searched reddit. I have asked on reddit, and am getting nothing. So this game will not open on my Nintendo DS emulator TempGBA. It does open on my VisualBoyAdvance emulator on my computer, however I want to play it on my DS. Can someone help me? The error it is displaying is the "1M Circuit board is not installed" error, but no other games display that error, and the clocks work fine for all my other games.

Days
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    This has been an incredibly fun rom. However, is there a reason you can't get leftovers before the elite four? If there is a way I do apologies for being dumb, I just can't find anything about if anywhere.

Thank you for any help in advance

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hi, so I have searched google. I have searched reddit. I have asked on reddit, and am getting nothing. So this game will not open on my Nintendo DS emulator TempGBA. It does open on my VisualBoyAdvance emulator on my computer, however I want to play it on my DS. Can someone help me? The error it is displaying is the "1M Circuit board is not installed" error, but no other games display that error, and the clocks work fine for all my other games.

Yeah, unfortunately NDS emulators are all incompatible. GBA flashcards can run on NDS but that's the closest you'll get to playing it on an DS.

This has been an incredibly fun rom. However, is there a reason you can't get leftovers before the elite four? If there is a way I do apologies for being dumb, I just can't find anything about if anywhere.

Thank you for any help in advance

You can get one after fighting the Snorlax close to Lillycove. It's holding one. Either defeat or catch it for its item. You'll need a Blue Flute to wake it up though. (Can be obtained via the Soot Sack in that A
    ash route)

HosawaSume

{Aurora}
    Years
    • Seen today
    #11: Expand on this, if possible. I'm not sure if Riolu added a check in case it was knocked out and not caught so it will respawn.
    I tried creating new and defeating Steve and Red after catching Articuno but that doesn't seem to be the cause of the respawn. Suspected fault due to tidal mechanism. It doesn't seem to respawn after the 2nd one.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Good afternoon everyone, today I would like to bring you an update focused on one thing, it's something a lot of people may have been waiting for but finally Cry support it's finally a reality, I was searching for a way to add it while feeling fine for the player and did some prototypes but I think this is the best approach that I can get, It needs a custom fork of mgba that I had to do so you need to download it directly from the patcher site, also, please make sure you are using mgba or the fork before using the "normal" or "anime" cries in the options since it may cause issues with other emulators if you have those options enabled so if you are on myboy! or other emulators please use only the generic cry or the mute option
    Spoiler:

I plan to merge the companion and this mgba fork in the future when I get more used to the mgba code, and I will probably release a linux version later this week

Download the custom mGBA fork:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/qrvgn32d9z5gach/mgba-rowe-fork.zip/file

Documentation

Back