• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
    Years
    • He/Him/His
    • Earth
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    This is a good mod. I am enjoying it a lot. I had to reset fifteen time to get a Pokémon I liked from surprise me, but now that I have it is quite nice.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hi where to I find the Altarianite? I've already rematched Winona after beating all the gyms and she gave me a TM instead of the mega stone I'm also patched to 1.6.4.1

You need to rematch her about five times to receive it.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2022
    You need to rematch her about five times to receive it.

I think I might have missed something because for the last 3 days I haven't been able to rematch the gym leaders.

I've already cleared all content including rayquaza and E4 twice and I'm still unable to rematch them, I'm highly invested with 20 shinys in my collection so I really don't want to make a new save.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I think I might have missed something because for the last 3 days I haven't been able to rematch the gym leaders.

I've already cleared all content including rayquaza and E4 twice and I'm still unable to rematch them, I'm highly invested with 20 shinys in my collection so I really don't want to make a new save.

That sounds like an RTC (Real Time Clock) issue. Can you check the clock in the players house to see if it's working? If not, you'll need a new emulator. Are day/night Encounters occuring? 5 or 6pm encounters should have a new list of wild mons in most areas.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2022
    That sounds like an RTC (Real Time Clock) issue. Can you check the clock in the players house to see if it's working? If not, you'll need a new emulator. Are day/night Encounters occuring? 5 or 6pm encounters should have a new list of wild mons in most areas.

Now that I think of it, I definitely haven't had any night time in the game in the 80 odd hours of play! I don't really have any other option for emulator because I use eclipse for my iPhone, if there is any other way for me to play I'm all for it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Now that I think of it, I definitely haven't had any night time in the game in the 80 odd hours of play! I don't really have any other option for emulator because I use eclipse for my iPhone, if there is any other way for me to play I'm all for it.

Eclipse, as far as I'm concerned, isn't a compatible emulator. We've had reported crashes with the emulator. The fact that you have 80+ hours and no gamebreaking bugs is interesting. iPhone and Mac emus don't play ROWE all that well.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2022
    Eclipse, as far as I'm concerned, isn't a compatible emulator. We've had reported crashes with the emulator. The fact that you have 80+ hours and no gamebreaking bugs is interesting. iPhone and Mac emus don't play ROWE all that well.
    Well after learning this I have managed to find "DS Player" which has a GBA emu attached and supports RTC.

I've just transferred my save over, but this one doesn't support the "Fast forward" option which I've been using to collect my 23 shinys, so I guess I will just transfer my save back and forth between the emus

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2022
    Is there any way to obtain "master balls" of any description? I have lost 7 shinies to suicide or running effects from Pokémon, it's quite a bummer when they get away.

Edit: if anyone would like to share their teams, or their favourite shinies post them here would love to see them

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Is there any way to obtain "master balls" of any description? I have lost 7 shinies to suicide or running effects from Pokémon, it's quite a bummer when they get away.

Master balls are non existent in game. Even if one got a hold of one, it has a normal PokeBalls effect.

Also feel free to join the Discord. We answer a LOT faster and there's a lot of support for the game.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years

Edit: if anyone would like to share their teams, or their favourite shinies post them here would love to see them

Why not use save states? Save a state as soon as the shiny appears, if it selfdestructs/faints/runs away you can reload it.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2022
    Can you explain how to do this in a bit more detail? I'm using emus for safari so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm unable too and can someone link the discord ?

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2022
    So I decided to give this hack another try, and right after starting the game my pokemon's EV display shows it starting with 1 HP EV (and zeros in everything else), and every time I go to view the pokemon's stats from the menu, the EV display shows it gaining 1 HP EV per view. So if I back out of the pokemon's info screen and go back in, it gains another 1 HP EV. I'm playing on 1.6.4.1 on mGBA. Has anyone else gotten this bug, is it just a display glitch or is the pokemon actually somehow gaining EVs just by looking at its stats?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    So I decided to give this hack another try, and right after starting the game my pokemon's EV display shows it starting with 1 HP EV (and zeros in everything else), and every time I go to view the pokemon's stats from the menu, the EV display shows it gaining 1 HP EV per view. So if I back out of the pokemon's info screen and go back in, it gains another 1 HP EV. I'm playing on 1.6.4.1 on mGBA. Has anyone else gotten this bug, is it just a display glitch or is the pokemon actually somehow gaining EVs just by looking at its stats?

Yeah it's being worked on currently. It's a known bug. At level 90, you can rearrange your mons EV's to your liking. It gains 1 HP EV everytime you go to the summary then move the screen to the right and exit. You can do it as much as you want but it will loop back to zero eventually.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    I don't know if anyone told you this, but there seems to be a pretty major glitch with double battles that seems to softlock your game, or at the very least, make all the Pokemon disappear, stops the text from advancing, and pauses all the animations from working, making it impossible to tell what's going on the battle, if anything is at all. This seems to happen any time you switch out your Pokemon with another, whether it be from your Pokemon being downed, or if you switch them out on your own. I don't know if you're still working on this, if not I'm sorry for bothering you with this. Have a good day.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I don't know if anyone told you this, but there seems to be a pretty major glitch with double battles that seems to softlock your game, or at the very least, make all the Pokemon disappear, stops the text from advancing, and pauses all the animations from working, making it impossible to tell what's going on the battle, if anything is at all. This seems to happen any time you switch out your Pokemon with another, whether it be from your Pokemon being downed, or if you switch them out on your own. I don't know if you're still working on this, if not I'm sorry for bothering you with this. Have a good day.

I play on doubles mode. That has NEVER happened to me. Make sure you're playing on a compatible emulator and that you did not use a pre patched rom, because those are MUCH buggier.

How do you find hidden pokemon (ex: Galarian Ponyta in Petalburg Woods)

You have to walk about 100 steps (anywhere within that map, with or without repels) and then they have a chance of occurring. Your dexnav will activate itself saying something is nearby. It may take a bit to find it though. If you have seen the 'mon you're looking for, just manually search it.

Back