• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Roleplay Discussion

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Sooo ... it's just another word for Godmoding?
    No. God Modding usually means auto-hitting/dodging someone in a fight/whatever. That is, not taking control, but not letting them do anything. God Modding, does tho, include Bunnying in it. So.. hope that helps.

Last edited:

KaraC

Champion Wannabe
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011

No. God Modding usually means auto-hitting/dodging someone in a fight/whatever. That is, not taking control, but not letting them do anything. God Modding, does tho, include Bunnying in it. So.. hope that helps.

... *sigh* I'm sorry. I'm still not quite getting it. So Bunnying is overtly taking control of a character belonging to someone else? Putting words into their mouth, making them do something ect ...?

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    IM gonna ask again what is it thats wrong with my RP that no one has even posted yet, last time i did it I got enough SUs.

KaraC

Champion Wannabe
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    I'm working on an RP. I've got the bare bones of it, but I need a little help ironing out the details. Here's what I've got so far.

The pokeworld the trainers come from is the idyllic one in the anime. The world they end up in is very much like our own, except it's darker. This RP will have a PG-13 rating because the new world is a very ugly place.

The story begins in a largely unexplored region of northern Sinnoh. Ten trainers find themselves in a cave hiding from a savage blizzard that's gone on for almost two solid days. Supplies running low, the trainers venture deeper into the cave in the hopes it exits somewhere they can get supplies. Eventually they find a chamber with a glowing orb and a disturbing story carved on the walls. Somehow a trap is triggered, the sphere glows and they are transported to a new, darker world. But they are not alone, they have a very unlikely and somewhat unwilling guide to warn them of the many dangers as they attempt to find a way home.

They are now outside, but there's no snow. The sun is blazing overhead, their phones aren't working, their maps aren't working. They must now find out where they are and how to get home. But this world is a darker one than the one they know. One that, if they aren't careful, will prey upon their naivete and eat them alive.

Edit because no one else has posted yet: BTW, does anyone know how long the approval process takes for a new RP?

Last edited:

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • I'm working on an RP. I've got the bare bones of it, but I need a little help ironing out the details. Here's what I've got so far.

The pokeworld the trainers come from is the idyllic one in the anime. The world they end up in is very much like our own, except it's darker. This RP will have a PG-13 rating because the new world is a very ugly place.

The story begins in a largely unexplored region of northern Sinnoh. Ten trainers find themselves in a cave hiding from a savage blizzard that's gone on for almost two solid days. Supplies running low, the trainers venture deeper into the cave in the hopes it exits somewhere they can get supplies. Eventually they find a chamber with a glowing orb and a disturbing story carved on the walls. Somehow a trap is triggered, the sphere glows and they are transported to a new, darker world. But they are not alone, they have a very unlikely and somewhat unwilling guide to warn them of the many dangers as they attempt to find a way home.

They are now outside, but there's no snow. The sun is blazing overhead, their phones aren't working, their maps aren't working. They must now find out where they are and how to get home. But this world is a darker one than the one they know. One that, if they aren't careful, will prey upon their naivete and eat them alive.

Edit because no one else has posted yet: BTW, does anyone know how long the approval process takes for a new RP?

Depends on how busy Alter is. If exams are over, you might count on it getting approved in a week.

I'd be interested in joining this RP if there was a good explanation of how these ten trainers ended up in the same cave. I was thinking - maybe they're all skiers and they were out on the slopes when the blizzard hit. But you say that this part of the region is largely unexplored. So why would ten different people be wandering around in the wilderness at the same time? I hope you don't say that it was chance or fate.

Another thing: ten trainers may be a bit much. If the different characters have to work together, a group of four might work better. Otherwise, it'll take them a few months just to get to the part with the orb. It's also easier to explain how four people ended up in the same cave. They might even be acquainted with each other.

And lastly...maybe it's just me, but if I was trapped in a cave and running out of food, it wouldn't really cross my mind to explore the cave for another way out. Most caves don't have a second entrance, and even if this one did, there would still be a blizzard on the other end. If the characters are looking for supplies, they should have some reason to believe they're there, eg. a belief that previous explorers left a stash of canned food somewhere.

I hope that's the kind of help you're looking for. Or did you want some ideas for the way the other world is structured? Because you could do "darker and edgier" in a lot of ways. They could end up in a fascist dictatorship, an alien invasion, a nuclear wasteland, a zombie infestation, or a post-apocalyptic survival world.

KaraC

Champion Wannabe
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    Wow ... where were you a week ago? *palmface* You just brought up several significant points that will, probably, make Alter Ego reject the RP.
    *sigh* Well, if by some longshot it is approved I'll make those changes.
    It sounded so cool in my head!
    *Goes to leave Alter Ego a message not to approve the RP and make some plot adjustments*
    Rabbit, Can I PM you to look it over before I submit it again?

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • Hm...a lot of the RPs that get accepted have somewhat illogical plots, so that might not be a problem. But sure, mail me. I'd be pleased to help. :) -rubs palms- Bwa ha ha ha...

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I'm making an RP, and I was wondering if 4 characters (Pokemon) are enough for an exploration team? Or do I need more? (I'm asking just to make sure)

Also, I posted it a week ago. I know that maybe AE is busy, and I'm not complaining about anything or being impatient, I was just wondering if there's something wrong with my RP.

KaraC

Champion Wannabe
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    Like in Mystery Dungeon? Well, in the game only four pokemonper team are allowed in a dungeon at a time. So I'd say four characters are enough.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Like in Mystery Dungeon? Well, in the game only four pokemonper team are allowed in a dungeon at a time. So I'd say four characters are enough.

Alright, but now that I think of it, it needs some semi-side characters, like Dusknoir or Grovyle.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2010
    New idea: Pokemon Heroes. Not to be confused with the Latias/Latios movie.

In the NBC TV show, Heroes, a group of random individuals either discovers or reveals that they possess extraordinary abilities via genetic mutation. They then try to save the city of New York when they're warned from an Asian who can travel time that the city would be destroyed. (I was only half-focused when I saw the episode, but I'm pretty sure that's what's up.)

But anyway, I saw potential in the series as a roleplay thread, so I thought I'd just throw Pokemon in and call it RP.

There's one problem here, however, and it's that I don't really know enough about the show to come up with a logical plotline. I do have a vague idea, but I need someone who knows the series better than I do to judge it or come up with a better one of their own. If you happen to be able to help, then you can co-own this roleplay if it takes off.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Amberjack: I have watched every season of Heroes and I would be very open to reading what you have down for the RP and giving you ideas and plot lines.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Well, good news for anyone who's been moping about the moderation times. My exams are now over and done with, so my schedule is open again and we should be back to regular updates.

The approval process is really entirely dependent on how many submissions I have to go through. I always pass the approval and decline decisions on threads in one go, this after I've read through the lot.

Hm...a lot of the RPs that get accepted have somewhat illogical plots, so that might not be a problem. But sure, mail me. I'd be pleased to help. :) -rubs palms- Bwa ha ha ha...

Well yeah, I have yet to figure out a way to make any objective measure of how stupid or contrived a plot is so I can't really judge by that, unless it's completely incoherent.

That being said, a reasonably conceived plot DOES weigh in positively in the moderation process, take that as you will.

New idea: Pokemon Heroes. Not to be confused with the Latias/Latios movie.

In the NBC TV show, Heroes, a group of random individuals either discovers or reveals that they possess extraordinary abilities via genetic mutation. They then try to save the city of New York when they're warned from an Asian who can travel time that the city would be destroyed. (I was only half-focused when I saw the episode, but I'm pretty sure that's what's up.)

But anyway, I saw potential in the series as a roleplay thread, so I thought I'd just throw Pokemon in and call it RP.

There's one problem here, however, and it's that I don't really know enough about the show to come up with a logical plotline. I do have a vague idea, but I need someone who knows the series better than I do to judge it or come up with a better one of their own. If you happen to be able to help, then you can co-own this roleplay if it takes off.

So you're honestly saying...

"Hey, I half-watched this one episode of a series, and I think if I just put pokémon in there somewhere it will be an RP"

...really?

If you want to roleplay Heroes, just roleplay Heroes. The Other Roleplay section is there precisely for this sort of thing. That being said, I'd honestly suggest getting properly acquainted with a series's canon and plotline before trying to adapt it for your own use. With a premise that vague, you'll have trouble meeting plot requirements...or keeping it alive for more than a week for that matter. A bit of planning would go a long way in making things work out better for you, but really...if you're thinking of slapping pokémon on there just so you get to call it a pokémon roleplay? Don't. That's precisely the kind of thing that I can and will decline in PRP.

Last edited:

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Hmmm,

after many days of pondering and holding back, I have finally decided to consider starting up another Role Play, yet I am still unsure...

So, here's how the storyline goes:

Spoiler:

Still rough after much planning, which is why I would like your input on it!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I wonder something. How do you illustrate the move Absorb in pokémon RP? The same problem is in fanfiction. I've always imagined it to be something where the attacker needs
    to touch the opponent to suck life out of it. Mega drain or Giga drain I guess could work from a little distance, just because they're more powerful.

What do you think?

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    Absorb is a special type move, that means it works from a distance. In the anime it is a red beam shot from somewhere on the pokemon that envelopes the opponent and drains its energy.

Thats the best I can give you I am afraid, if you need more you might have to find some videos.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, well Spark is a special type, isn't it? And isn't Bonemerang (or Bone Club or what's it called) a physical attack? Or maybe not.

Back