• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
    I found a new hint that they might make these games… In Black and White, when you surf west and then north of P2 Laboratory, there is a place where you can dive. Then go straight ahead and you can return to the surface. Once you're back at the surface, surf north and there is a little island with a small building. When you go inside there are four men in lab coats and one in a black suit. If you talk to one of the lab coat guys he says that this is Game Freak's private developing building. If you talk to the guy in the black suit he says that they are "almost finished remaking an old game".
    Oh? You must have a copy with more content because there's no dive spot there as far as the rest of the world is concerned.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Here's what I think of the TMs given after you beat a gym leader:
    Roxanne: Smack down. This or she'll stay with Rock Tomb
    Brawly: Bulk up.
    Wattson: Charge beam. Pretty much this or Volt Switch
    Flannery: Overheat.
    Norman: Giga impact. I think they'll stay with Facade
    Winona: Sky drop. Only if they end up fixing it's problem
    Tate and liza: Calm mind.
    Juan: Scald.
    Comments in the bold. Plus I would rather see Steven as Champion.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    It would be funny if Steven and Wallace would conspire against the player, for example:

- Wallace: He's got a team of water, ground and fire types. He's prepared for you Steven.

- Steven: Okay, so you are the champion now, I'll hide in the Hall of Fame.

After this dialogue both of them make trollfaces.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    It would be funny if Steven and Wallace would conspire against the player, for example:

- Wallace: He's got a team of water, ground and fire types. He's prepared for you Steven.

- Steven: Okay, so you are the champion now, I'll hide in the Hall of Fame.

After this dialogue both of them make trollfaces.
    lol, I think this is what happened in Emerald.

I don't think it's necessary for changing Steven's team before the after game, maybe some level changes.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    People say that Wallace is weak champion because his team is monotype and they prefer Steven as a champion.

Despite that, you have to admit that Wallace did have pretty decent type coverage; although I still found Steven tougher myself.

@ Wombat,

Who knows...maybe he secretly had Keldeo help him out with the Water/Fighting combo... XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    There's another idea I have about R/S remakes.
    Kyogre and Groudon are based on Leviathan and Behemoth - creatures from Hebrew mythology that will be killed and served at the end of the time. Year 2012 is rumored as that end of the time.

Most likely it won't be the end but releasing R/S remakes in that year would be fitting to that apocalypse theme. It was said in R/S/E that Kyogre and Groudon fighting can destroy the world.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    This may make me sound like a newb, and I probably am a "newb" but i never played r/s/e. I played yellow, black, soulsilver in that order. So of course I'd love an RS remake! I'm working my way backwards though, so if an RS remake hasnt been released by the time I am finished with Platinum, I will have to play the Emerald version for GBA. Have to make sure I dont get one of those Emerald counterfeits with no battery!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    lol, I guess it would've been better if Wallace was a girl.
    But for me Steven was weaker than Wallace, maybe because I chose Mudkip.

Here's what I think of the TMs given after you beat a gym leader:
    Roxanne: Smack down.
    Brawly: Bulk up.
    Wattson: Charge beam.
    Flannery: Overheat.
    Norman: Giga impact.
    Winona: Sky drop.
    Tate and liza: Calm mind.
    Juan: Scald.

I agree with this, but I can still see Wattson giving out Volt Switch or Norman giving Retaliate as a couple of possibilities.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Norman could easily give out a stat enhancer like Work Up. I think Wattson will stick with Shock Wave to maintain originallity however.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Tomorrow is jump festa, although it's almost impossible I really hope they announce the game,
    just some informations about it, then in the next Corocoro they reveal some pictures.

Years
    I'm predicting Ruby & Sapphire remakes or Grey whatever it is.

It should be RS remakes since the original RS were released in Japanese in 2002 and 2012 is the 10-year anniversary.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    The spring pokemon game has been revealed:

serebii.net said:
    Dengeki Online has revealed a brand new Pokémon game for release next year. This game Pokemon X Nobunaga's Ambition (ポケモン プラス ノブナガの野望 ) is due for release in Japan in 2012 on Nintendo DS. Not much is known about this game yet but it appears to be an RPG game, similar to the Nobunaga Ambition games set in old Japan which are Turn-Based Strategy RPGs and labelled as a simulation. This game is a crossover between Pokémon and Nobunaga Ambition where you have to take over Japan gradually, but how Pokémon ties in, is not yet known.

pokebeach.com said:
    Breaking news! The Jump Festa trade show has just unveiled a new Pokemon crossover game: Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition. The DS game will be released in spring 2012 and is a collaboration between The Pokemon Company and Koei, the makers of Nobunaga's Ambition. Nobunaga's Ambition is actually a RPG that is on multiple gaming platforms in Japan - according to Wikipedia, "Nobunaga's Ambition is a series of turn-based grand strategy role-playing simulation video games, first released in 1983 by the Japanese video game developer Koei. Nobunaga's Ambition takes place during the Sengoku period of feudal Japan. As the title suggests, the player is tasked with achieving the ultimate goal of warlord Oda Nobunaga: the conquest and unification of Japan. Selecting Oda Nobunaga is optional, however, as the player is also able to choose from a variety of other regional daimyos of the time."
    Obviously, this new DS game will use the above premise but with a Pokemon theme. It seems it will be a sort of Pokemon game that takes place in the past with ancient Pokemon Trainers using their Pokemon, as you can see in the official game artwork below. The fifth image below contains actual screenshots from the game; in the top left screenshot, you can see various stats. From this information, it appears your success as a Pokemon Trainer determines your "military rank" within the game. Gin has translated the screenshot in the top left as "Power: 60, Intelligence: 60, Charm: 65, Containers: 4, Specialty: Normal (referring to a Pokemon's type), Military Power: Full Speed, Tool: Potion." The two bubbles in the screenshot say, "Instant move up" and "20 HP restored." The next screenshot with the girl and Eevee says "Let's go!" and the one below it says, "The water gate opened." You can definitely see that this will be a turn-based strategy game based off these few bits of translations!
    Other than what is posted here, we literally know nothing else about the game at this time, but hopefully more information will be revealed within the next month on Pokemon Smash and in CoroCoro magazine.

Sounds...interesting. Shame its not a main game, we'll get one in september though!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    The spring pokemon game has been revealed:

Sounds...interesting. Shame its not a main game, we'll get one in september though!

Was this the game that was supposed to be shown at Jump Fiesta? If so...LOL no third or Remake info. Kinda expected it to be a new Spin off but man this was interesting.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    Looking over the game it does look okay, it's a change after all and heck I might end up loving it but I'm still adamant for R/S remakes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Looking over the game it does look okay, it's a change after all and heck I might end up loving it but I'm still adamant for R/S remakes.

The 10th anniversary is the PERFECT time for the remakes to be released, but it just seems unlikely we'll see them in 2012. Them releasing the remakes after its over 10 years old seems a bit much considering FR/LG and HG/SS didn't have over 10 year gaps until their remakes.

Gray is more than likely coming to Japan in September due to the Kyurem movie, so the R/S remakes will probably be 2013 for Japan.. which means we may get it in English countries around 2014.

So. Far. Away. :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    F***!
    ugh...Dear nintendo,stop throwing us spin offs and give us Gray or R/S/E Remakes already -.- this looks ok but im tired of spin offs!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back