• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Crystal's addition didn't change the main story of Gold and Silver.

Emerald was a complete copy of Ruby and Sapphire with both stories mixed into one. Ruby and Sapphire were the only games in the Pokemon series that are heavily effected by their stories as there is never any mention of the opposite legendary except at two minor excerpt. Aqua played a very minor role in Ruby and Magma played a very minor role in Sapphire. Increase their roles and they become Emerald.

I also never said anything about Battle Frontiers. Post game events don't effect what makes the game unique. Post game events are always the same boring thing so there is hardly ever any reason for them to pop up when discussing the main story.

Emerald's lump Plot completely trumps Ruby/Sapphire individual plots. If they remaking Ruby/Sapphire there won't be much change to the original story, not that there was anything in the story that needs to be changed.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Emerald's lump Plot completely trumps Ruby/Sapphire individual plots. If they remaking Ruby/Sapphire there won't be much change to the original story, not that there was anything in the story that needs to be changed.

Yes, it improved the plot greatly, so I doubt they would go back to having one team(causing all the mishap). I mean...I guess they could go back to having one team doing it all, but imo that would be a step back to what they'd want to achieve.

I still imagine that we'll see both teams wreaking havoc, just with one playing a (much?) bigger role than the other, depending on the version(Ruby- more Magma, Sapphire- more Aqua). They could make the difference considerably bigger now also(so they could still feel more 'separate', like the originals), seeing as how much more the 3DS can handle than the GBA.

Wow are we really going to get people going super pedantic over what classifies as an "Such-and-such Remake".

HG/SS included Eusine's story, unique themes for the Legendary Beasts, Beuna's Password and many many more things that were only in Crystal. Game Freak does not care in the slightest about trivial things like remakes including features from games that don't share the exact same name. Stop bringing this issue up.

Well there wasn't really as much to care about in GSC(story-wise) due to them being nearly identical, so I'm sure they probably will give some decent thought on how to go about remaking RSE, which is pretty much what we're thinking about, ha.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Ruby and Sapphire individual plots with one evil team just can't be used because they would skip Rayquaza's role and cutscene with all three legendaries. It'll be technically Emerald's remake. The only reason they would split that into Ruby and Sapphire remakes is to sell more units.
    I think the main difference between plots to make them more feel like Ruby or Sapphire would be that after the "meeting" in Sootopolis, version's mascot will wait to encounter player, while other mascot and Rayquaza would escape.
    They could plan those remakes while creating Emerald, so maybe that's why there is no Rayquaza encounter in Sootopolis. Thanks to that they simply left plot open for Groudon or Kyogre encounter in remakes without changing Emerald's plot.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I'll see if I can comment on earlier posts later, but let me comment on this one for now.

Ruby and Sapphire individual plots with one evil team just can't be used because they would skip Rayquaza's role and cutscene with all three legendaries. It'll be technically Emerald's remake. The only reason they would split that into Ruby and Sapphire remakes is to sell more units.
    I think the main difference between plots to make them more feel like Ruby or Sapphire would be that after the "meeting" in Sootopolis, version's mascot will wait to encounter player, while other mascot and Rayquaza would escape.
    They could plan those remakes while creating Emerald, so maybe that's why there is no Rayquaza encounter in Sootopolis. Thanks to that they simply left plot open for Groudon or Kyogre encounter in remakes without changing Emerald's plot.

Crap; I forgot about the "Weather Trio crisis" cutscene - that's one event that I'm really hoping gets featured in Ruby/Sapphire remakes...that would be astounding to see rendered in 3D, possibly with a better depiction of Groudon and Kyogre actually "fighting".

One thing bothering me about said cutscene is that it shifts focus to Rayquaza, and that you can access Sky Pillar (thus knowing about Rayquaza's existence/whereabouts) prior to defeating the Hoenn Elite 4 and the Hoenn Champion. Depending on version, I guess your remake version's mascot could be found in the Cave of Origin after the fight, leaving Rayquaza to flee to Sky Pillar (I guess the writers will have to somehow come up with an excuse if they want to temporarily block it off with rocks again after the Weather Trio fight, and then reopen it once the Elite 4/Champion has been conquered).

So many things to work out plot-wise... >.>

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    One thing bothering me about said cutscene is that it shifts focus to Rayquaza, and that you can access Sky Pillar (thus knowing about Rayquaza's existence/whereabouts) prior to defeating the Hoenn Elite 4 and the Hoenn Champion. Depending on version, I guess your remake version's mascot could be found in the Cave of Origin after the fight, leaving Rayquaza to flee to Sky Pillar (I guess the writers will have to somehow come up with an excuse if they want to temporarily block it off with rocks again after the Weather Trio fight, and then reopen it once the Elite 4/Champion has been conquered).

So many things to work out plot-wise... >.>

That's not so much to work out. Writers can simpy say that storm caused by Kyogre and Groudon made those rocks blocking the path to Sky Pillar. After beating the league, they can say that local people moved those rocks. Or maybe player will be able to move those rocks with help of caught mascot.
    That would encourage player to catch it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I'm not sure as to whether this or Gray is coming out this year. I was certain it was Gray, and its still more likely to be Gray but if Kyurem doesn't get a new forme in this years movie I don't see Gray being released this year.. but they would have to release a main game this year since the biggest gap between main games is 2 years, which would obviously be the R/S remakes.

Theres still time for Kyurem's new forme to be shown though, but Id much rather have R/S remakes this year and then Gray next year.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    What I think would happen is after the fight between Groudon and Kyogre, depending on what version you have Groudon/ Kyogre would be in the Cave of origin, then after the elite four you can get the other one in Terra cave/ Marine cave.

Rayquaza is accessible in the sky pillar after the elite four, maybe rayquaza will come and stop the fight between Groudon and Kyogre by itself so you wouldn't have to go to the sky pillar.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Rayquaza is accessible in the sky pillar after the elite four, maybe rayquaza will come and stop the fight between Groudon and Kyogre by itself so you wouldn't have to go to the sky pillar.

But player is supposed to awake Rayquaza, also Wallace is supposed to help with getting to Sky Pillar. Every champion has to help player with something during the storyline.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
    I'm totally hoping for this....I haven't bought black or white and posted a fourm (in the wrong place >_<) because of it.

But I had one bad thought that might screw things over (if someone already said this, ignore me, my eyes were burning from reading all the text >_<)

The timeline....with both remakes, they were occuring at the same time (Gen 1 and 3 happened at the same time, as did 2 and 4). 5 Is a couple years after 24 if I recall. Tis may not seem important, but what about the trading/battling? You either be fighting an older experinced trainer or go through a time warp or something >_<

This may screw the remake over, prevent trading and stuff with black/white, or cause a plothole 0_o

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    ...I really doubt that'll happen. It's Pokemon. Even games that actually have outstanding plots have plotholes, so Pokemon having one is not a big deal.

Years
    I have no idea if this has been mentioned, but I just noticed this yesterday.
    In pokemon Rumble Blast there seem to be a lot of Hoenn pokemon around. I just got the game two days ago and man are they everywhere.
    Could that be construed as a hint? >u>

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I'm totally hoping for this....I haven't bought black or white and posted a fourm (in the wrong place >_<) because of it.

But I had one bad thought that might screw things over (if someone already said this, ignore me, my eyes were burning from reading all the text >_<)

The timeline....with both remakes, they were occuring at the same time (Gen 1 and 3 happened at the same time, as did 2 and 4). 5 Is a couple years after 24 if I recall. Tis may not seem important, but what about the trading/battling? You either be fighting an older experinced trainer or go through a time warp or something >_<

This may screw the remake over, prevent trading and stuff with black/white, or cause a plothole 0_o

What about the Poke's that get migrated from Emerald, etc. to the 4th gen? They would have to move forward in time somehow, wouldn't they(since they arrive as the same level, etc.)? People take this timeline stuff a little too seriously, imo; I'm sure "keeping things from ruining the so called timeline" is the least of Gamefreak's worries, tbh.

Even then, since the 4th gen has passed already, can't Dialga just help us with this 'time' problem? Haha.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
    I think we could be expecting something RS remake related within the next few months and if not then next year.

My guess is either a September 2012 or March 2013 release in Japan, if we do get them. America though will probably have to wait about a year, though. :/

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Pokémon Black/White director, Junichi Masuda said during a Q/A session said 'keep an eye on Pokemon Smash'. So as early as this Sunday we could know about: Gray, R/S remake, Mystery Dungeon or some other Spin Off game.

blue

gucci
    Years
    If Grey is this year then 2013 will be the remake's year. That's going by the announcement on Pokémon Smash this Sunday either that or we'd be in for a very unexpected surprise if they just unveiled RS remakes.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Pokémon Gray is so expected! I'm hoping that Pokémon Smash will give us the least expected just knowing that we would be thinking a third game, but really surprise us with a Ruby/Sapphire Remake. It would the perfect thing to do!

Though really, the more I think about this the more my head spins. I will literally go around my house running, screaming in joy if RS remakes are announced instead of a third game and I can't say that enough. What will you guys do the minute you hear the news if it were to be RS remakes???

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I would be irritated if all they say is "RS remakes are now confirmed" and leave it at that. If they are really to be on the 3DS, I would LOVE to at least see one pic of how the game would look with the transition to full 3D, then I would jump for joy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back