• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I forgot to mention. I saw this game on GBA. My friend has it. He got it from china. He's been playing it alot too. Why is it on GBA? Did you publish it or something?

well the game has bin stolen by some guys zel calls them Pirates xD
    That game is unfinished and should never be bought ;)
    tell him its a worth of crap and i could better download the game from here :D

Years
  • Just wondering,will Kanto have more things other than getting another 8 badges? because in the original Gold version all you did there was getting the missing part to the power plant,awaking Snorlax and retriving the badges,I was wondering that because thats the part that bothered me the most,and if it wouldve more events it could be the best Pokemon game ever (At least for me)

I dont only just agree, but I also want to add some things. There were some parts which dissapointed us at Pokemon G/S/C.

-Safari Zone
    -Silph Co
    -Perhaps more Rocket people in the 1st and 2nd bullets?
    -Giovanni (maybe)?
    -Celadon City Under Game Corner
    -Pokemon Tower

And some things else I dont remmeber :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2008
    ^^Thats because Kanto was rushed in G/S/C. Same music in almost every city and a lot of events were removed. Either they didn't have space or it was rushed.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2022
    Things like Cinnibar who were erased or replaced (Such as the Pokemon tower) also should be,at least for my opinion and of course if you can do it

SR - theres a download button,i think its in the top left of the site

Kronos1000

Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    A suggestion for the Safari Zone: Make it closed at first, but when you reach a secific area aflag can be set to activate the Safari zone. There was a Safari Zone planned for Gsc it's only reachable via a gameshark see this site for info glitchcity.info/docs/gscsafarizone

You can make the first area like that but you'll have to improvise for the other areas.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • Victory Road... Interesting. Well, when I play Shiny Gold all my Pokemon (except starter) are HM Slaves. That's Because I don't play hacks to train Pokemon, but to enjoy the hack itself, to visit hacked places and see hacked features. So, I can live with it.

About tileset - Will this tileset be used in the entire game, or just Kanto?

The Amanda girl is still there, well.

And Will's sprite is OK.

Zel, plese, don't expand Kanto. It's fine the way it is in GSC. I know you like alterations from original, but please don't bring Kanto back to its FR/LG state. Don't bring Cinnabar back, don't reopen Safari Zone, don't change Viridian Forest into dungeon. I play GSC Remake to see GSC places.

I know it's just me, you can do whatever you want, it's your hack. But I can say my opinion, can't I?

Good luck, Zel.
    I support you.

Tommy

Crazy Diamond
    Years
  • I must say, I've been playing ShinyGold for about 2 days and it is wonderful. I have been looking for something like this for ever and ever, and finally you answer my prayers, Zel. Thank you very much. I really like Carlos, great addition.

I have a few questions too...
    1) I found a Mudkip in Union Cave (awesome awesome awesome), was this meant to happen?
    2) When I save my game state on my VBA, can I load it up on future versions of ShinyGold beta?

Cheers,
    ~Tommy

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I must say, I've been playing ShinyGold for about 2 days and it is wonderful. I have been looking for something like this for ever and ever, and finally you answer my prayers, Zel. Thank you very much. I really like Carlos, great addition.

I have a few questions too...
    1) I found a Mudkip in Union Cave (awesome awesome awesome), was this meant to happen?
    2) When I save my game state on my VBA, can I load it up on future versions of ShinyGold beta?

Cheers,
    ~Tommy

Yes, finding a Mudkip is very rare. You are lucky! Now try to find treecko :P And, about the second question...
    Yes, you can keep your save files from the last beta, but you should re-start it to see it properly.

Years
  • I have just downloaded it today and it is an AWSOME hack.

One question; can only Togepi hatch from the egg which is obtained at Violet City? Or is it like the system in Pokemon G/S/C ?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Well, here's the rest of the screenshots of the E4 (boring if you saw the video... But at least, the next set starts with the interesting stuff, till I reach Vermillion, then, if you saw Went's videos, you would get a bit bored again... XD)

Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold

By the way, I don't intend to modify the basic structure of the original Gold's Kanto mapping, if there are changes, they are just minimal changes, or adding extra events. If I add extra locations, they will end up being small islands (as Nintendo always does... :\)

I'll take care of answering properly later today.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • Well, here's the rest of the screenshots of the E4 (boring if you saw the video... But at least, the next set starts with the interesting stuff, till I reach Vermillion, then, if you saw Went's videos, you would get a bit bored again... XD)

Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold

By the way, I don't intend to modify the basic structure of the original Gold's Kanto mapping, if there are changes, they are just minimal changes, or adding extra events. If I add extra locations, they will end up being small islands (as Nintendo always does... :\)

I'll take care of answering properly later today.

Well, will you rework KAREN sprite? It doesn't look good.

And the Trainer class is supposed to be ELITE FOUR not ELITETRAINER. ELITETRAINER is Japanese name of COOL TRAINER.

Ivysaur

Years
  • I'm sure he said why did he call them elitetrainers some (or a lot of) pages ago. Maybe I will search it later...

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Well, will you rework KAREN sprite? It doesn't look good.

And the Trainer class is supposed to be ELITE FOUR not ELITETRAINER. ELITETRAINER is Japanese name of COOL TRAINER.

Zel had to name them ELITETRAINER because if he gave them the name ELITEFOUR I think it gave them the origanal names from fire red. I think...

Ivysaur

Years
  • Oh, yes, I found it on page 99. The search option is very useful.
    Well, just two things: the name "Elite Four" has been replaced so I can rename common trainers as "EliteTrainers" and they would get a different music.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2022
    Victory Road... Interesting. Well, when I play Shiny Gold all my Pokemon (except starter) are HM Slaves. That's Because I don't play hacks to train Pokemon, but to enjoy the hack itself, to visit hacked places and see hacked features. So, I can live with it.

About tileset - Will this tileset be used in the entire game, or just Kanto?

The Amanda girl is still there, well.

And Will's sprite is OK.

Zel, plese, don't expand Kanto. It's fine the way it is in GSC. I know you like alterations from original, but please don't bring Kanto back to its FR/LG state. Don't bring Cinnabar back, don't reopen Safari Zone, don't change Viridian Forest into dungeon. I play GSC Remake to see GSC places.

I know it's just me, you can do whatever you want, it's your hack. But I can say my opinion, can't I?

Good luck, Zel.
    I support you.

Look,for me at least,GSC is a great game series the only thing that bothered me as that you get a 2 regions in one game (something that you dont have in any official Nintendo Pokemon game except GSC) so wouldnt you think it deserves alot more than 2 little events and collecting badges? If it was only a Gold Remake with no actual changes,I think it'll be a little boring but with some new stuff this game can easily be a good compete to to the original Pokemon games

Tommy

Crazy Diamond
    Years
  • Yes, finding a Mudkip is very rare. You are lucky! Now try to find treecko :P And, about the second question...

Very awesome, thanks a lot. The Mudkip (now a Marshtomp) is female (what are the chances of finding one, then its actually a 1/8th chance of being female) and her name is Violet. I don't want a Treecko, man, I already have an awesome team so far, and I'm planning on making it better...

Oh, and Zel, still looks awesome, man. Keep it up, we're with ya.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back