• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokemon Unite announced for Switch and mobile devices

Pokémon Unite revealed in Pokémon Presents stream

Pokémon Unite revealed in Pokémon Presents stream

Tencent Games and Timi Studios is developing the game.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    As a player of League of Legends, this excites me. As much as I was hanging onto a glimmer of hope for Sinnoh remakes, I knew it was not going to happen this year. Especially with Crown Tundra coming in roughly 3-4ish months.

Years
    Man, they got us fooled with all the Johto stuff in the background last "presents" video. This video was basically a 10 minute ad for one game. I'm never going to play it probably and I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work on my android anyway so there goes 10 minutes of my life.

Speaking of mobile games, I can't find Masters on Android. Can someone tell me why?

I know there's a Switch version of Unite too, but I don't want to waste space on my SD card for my Switch. So uh....yeah.

Years
    The main reason the announcement was such a disappointment was because it was hyped up with its own presentation. If it was thrown in the first one along with Smile and Cafe Mix, then I might be a little more receptive. As it stands, I only made it about half way through the announcement video, and didn't bother with the rest, since MOBAs aren't my thing.

Might give it a try at some point, but aside from GO and Magikarp Jump when it first came out, mobile Pokemon games have never really got my attention, and probably won't until they make one with a more traditional battle style.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I'm inclined to believe that the actual big announcement from yesterday was that we were able to download Pokémon Café Mix now, Pokémon Unite was just filler.

Also @ everyone saying "GF really hates us 😭😭😭", this isn't Game Freak's project, just The Pokémon Company and Tencent

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I don't like MOBAs. It has just never been something I wanted to play. I tried Heroes of the Storm and just didn't like the game play. So I will never even try this unless they link it some how to the main series with special rewards or something.

I wasn't really disappointed because I knew it wasn't going to be anything major. I will say that it is a bit annoying that we still haven't gotten anything about Pokemon Sleep, which was one of the two things I was kinda expecting.

Detective Pikachu 2 is the second, but I can understand why we aren't getting much info about it. Especially since it is completely based around exploring and mystery, so they can't show much without spoiling the game. But it be nice to get a trailer.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Lol they just took LoL's Dominion mode and made it Pokemon (which is amusing given that LoL is going mobile with Wild Rift too).

I'm interested to see how the gameplay will go and see if it is just a mere reskinned MOBA filled with micro-transactions.

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
    I'm thrilled about it, not only because it wasn't Sinnoh remakes but because it generally looks like it is going to be a lot of fun. Then again, I've never once been disappointed by an announcement from the Pokemon Company.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2020
    As an old classic MOBA player and pokemon die-hard fan. I'm really excited to play it once its released. Been a pokemon fan since 2008, I was a kid back then and my first game was Pokemon Fire Red playing on an old GameBoyA. But I dont think this is gonna fail, its a good game mechanics for those MOBA lovers but ihate that its going with the style of LoL Dominion mode which is the most hated game mode of LoL. I think they should add more to the game for sake of those MOBA players, maybe add roles like tank, support, mage(mage not really for this), marksman... Assassin(?).For a more strategic and better gameplay. My first moba was Warcraft back then, but now I've moved to mobile and currently on Mobile Legends. For those haters of Moba, why don't you play some MoBa game first and then you'll understand(don't play for just one week and stop, play for one month at least, maybe play Mobile legends if u prefer mobile as a start and reach all the way to Epic-Legend rank, or Mythical Glory-u wish), you'll start loving the idea and eventually you'll get used to it. Instead of giving all your hate.
    And that last part of the trailer most people hate(including moba fans), the Tencent Partnership and that free-to-start, what does that mean? Does that mean they give you only starters? From Gen 1maybe choose Charmander, Bulbasaur or Squirtle and the rest is paid. That sux then.

LoL I bet the best Pokemon they could add for those toxic feeders, trollers and afk would be Wobbufet having Destiny Bond, truly useful for Support! I hate those trash toxic players, I don't wanna be one of them. Its like a 1v9 which you mostly meet and having a hard time playing a match. The only thing you could do would be to report them and done playing for the day.
    Respond what you think about my reply regarding Pokemon Unite.
    I want: someone who atleast know Moba and have been playing for At least 1 month,knows the basic roles of moba characters/Champs, knows the strategies 1-3-1, 1-2-2, and not just some basic player, no strategy, no fundamental just noob ASF, I beg u stay out of Moba.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2020
    I don't like MOBAs. It has just never been something I wanted to play. I tried Heroes of the Storm and just didn't like the game play. So I will never even try this unless they link it some how to the main series with special rewards or something.

I wasn't really disappointed because I knew it wasn't going to be anything major. I will say that it is a bit annoying that we still haven't gotten anything about Pokemon Sleep, which was one of the two things I was kinda expecting.

Detective Pikachu 2 is the second, but I can understand why we aren't getting much info about it. Especially since it is completely based around exploring and mystery, so they can't show much without spoiling the game. But it be nice to get a trailer.
    Heroes of the Storm? That sucks? It doesnt have the usual 5v5 MoBA map and neither is it good to start for a MOBA, try playing other MoBA like LoL or if you prefer handheld or mobile, try out Vainglory or MLBB(they're the trending MoBA on the app market currently), and youll change your opinion:D

generally not into LoL style games.... :( i mean, maybe i'll try this briefly when it comes out, but definitely isn't the type of game for me. a very disappointing direct for me (and a lot of others haha), but i'll not dwell on it too much.
    Nah, dont try this as your first MOBA. It doesnt have the main game mechanics for a MOBA(towers, minions, and the objective to destroy the enemies base) I prefer playing some real game MOBA mechanics for a start.

As an old classic MOBA player and pokemon die-hard fan. I'm really excited to play it once its released. Been a pokemon fan since 2008, I was a kid back then and my first game was Pokemon Fire Red playing on an old GameBoyA. But I dont think this is gonna fail, its a good game mechanics for those MOBA lovers but ihate that its going with the style of LoL Dominion mode which is the most hated game mode of LoL. I think they should add more to the game for sake of those MOBA players, maybe add roles like tank, support, mage(mage not really for this), marksman... Assassin(?).For a more strategic and better gameplay. My first moba was Warcraft back then, but now I've moved to mobile and currently on Mobile Legends. For those haters of Moba, why don't you play some MoBa game first and then you'll understand(don't play for just one week and stop, play for one month at least, maybe play Mobile legends if u prefer mobile as a start and reach all the way to Epic-Legend rank, or Mythical Glory-u wish), you'll start loving the idea and eventually you'll get used to it. Instead of giving all your hate.
    And that last part of the trailer most people hate(including moba fans), the Tencent Partnership and that free-to-start, what does that mean? Does that mean they give you only starters? From Gen 1maybe choose Charmander, Bulbasaur or Squirtle and the rest is paid. That sux then.

LoL I bet the best Pokemon they could add for those toxic feeders, trollers and afk would be Wobbufet having Destiny Bond, truly useful for Support! I hate those trash toxic players, I don't wanna be one of them. Its like a 1v9 which you mostly meet and having a hard time playing a match. The only thing you could do would be to report them and done playing for the day.
    Respond what you think about my reply regarding Pokemon Unite.
    I want: someone who atleast know Moba and have been playing for At least 1 month,knows the basic roles of moba characters/Champs, knows the strategies 1-3-1, 1-2-2, and not just some basic player, no strategy, no fundamental just noob ASF, I beg u stay out of Moba.

Yeah, they should add some roles(you forgot fighter) and I can already see Snorlax good enough for a tank(including his shield defence skill) maybe they could add fighting-type pokemons as fighters. But seeing the Tencent Partnership really gets me shivering, like," What if this game ends up dead like another AoV game" and I hope this wont suck like Marvel's MoBA(marvel's really does)

This was not what I expected, but it was better(especially for the Moba fans) and has its bad reasons too. For those of you complaining just because its a moba and nothing else, you dont deserve a right( trashing this idea without even trying out the gameplay first), I was one of those MoBa haters until I tried out the gameplay and regretted my opinion.

@Kentachi, I dont think one month of experience is a good enough of experience for a MoBA, make it atleast one MoBA season or five months or maybe 1 year will be good enough.

And I hope they really have a good penalty system for those Toxic players. I feel the sad life for those solo q players (always a 1v9).
    And maybe when this comes out, I'll try rankin to the highest and hope seeing those other veteran MoBa players in matchmaking. And speaking of Matchmaking, I hope they have a good Matchmaking system that pairs you with players similar to your rank and not just some Newbie who has no basic knowledge or idea of a MoBA( like those NOOBs who play almost every hero like fighter, MM like fighter, mage like fighter lol)

Other than that, I just hope to see this rising up as a MoBA and not ending like another AoV.

(And yeah, i created an account on this forum just to reply to this thread)
    Peace out.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2020
    I hope they add a similar Pokemon like Fanny(from MLBB)(like how I see Snorlax having the Shield skill similar to Lolita's shield), she is my main hero and i know she is the hardest difficulty hero in the game and requires atleast 5months of practice for the hero, i doubt any kind of Newbie can master her in one day. Blastoise has a good CC skill(maybe that was his ult) which controls all surrounding enemies nearby.

And I hate those Noobs who hate the no type Advantages idea, they dont know that MoBAs should be a balanced kind of Gameplay, not some kind of unbalanced kind of trash game.

And I hope they add Draft Selection/Pick, bans and picks for Pokemon on Higher Ranks(maybe top 3 tier rank) for Ranked Mode.

They should also add skill terms definitions for those newbies 'CC, Physical PEN, Magic PEN, AoE, Spell Vamp, Lifesteal..etc.'

From what i Think.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    mobile MOBAs are really popular in Asia and a lot of my Asian friends here play these types of games. They enjoy the competition but it's also doesn't take 30-40 minutes like a traditional MOBA.

As an Asian from Singapore with friends from Taiwan, HK, Malaysia, sorry, but nope I don't stand by this.

Honestly if you're an Asian, you'll well known Tencent as a piece of rubbish, no offence.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    As an Asian from Singapore with friends from Taiwan, HK, Malaysia, sorry, but nope I don't stand by this.

Honestly if you're an Asian, you'll well known Tencent as a piece of rubbish, no offence.

I mean of course, I would agree that Tencent does some bad/shady stuff. Though I don't think that's directly relevant to what you're disagreeing with me on, which is whether mobile MOBAs are big in Asia or not.

Also, you do realize that the Chinese version of Arena of Valor is pretty big in China, right? Surely you can at least agree that China is part of Asia, no? Of course, China doesn't equal Asia, but the sphere of influence of AoV/HoK and similar mobile MOBAs like Mobile Legends is also pretty huge in Asia.

EDIT: What I wanted to say with all of this (as in my original post) was to provide some insight on why Nintendo/TPC would be releasing a game like this. The market is huge in Asia.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2020
    I mean of course, I would agree that Tencent does some bad/shady stuff. Though I don't think that's directly relevant to what you're disagreeing with me on, which is whether mobile MOBAs are big in Asia or not.

Also, you do realize that the Chinese version of Arena of Valor is pretty big in China, right? Surely you can at least agree that China is part of Asia, no? Of course, China doesn't equal Asia, but the sphere of influence of AoV/HoK and similar mobile MOBAs like Mobile Legends is also pretty huge in Asia.

EDIT: What I wanted to say with all of this (as in my original post) was to provide some insight on why Nintendo/TPC would be releasing a game like this. The market is huge in Asia.

Who said Mobile MoBAs were a big thing in Asia. The people in my country dont know a thing about MoBA unless they've tried it. All they know is PuBG and FreeFire even if they havent tried it and know that they are Battle Royale Games(the two main Mobile Battle Royale, and for PC, PuBG and Fortnite-they prefer Fortnite on PC).
    The only countries which i know is a big fan of MoBA and includes lots of MoBA eSports and having a huge Influence are China and "Indonesia" (yep, its very popular especially in Indo),
    AND maybe when Pokemon Unite release, I bet there will be a ton of those Indonesians joining the MoBA and making the servers experience problems like your teammates would be from different countries (somehow it cross-server?)(1 Malay, 1 Vietnam, 1 Singapore, 1 Thai and even 1 Indian)[this mostly happens in Asia-especially in the SAR-SouthAsianRegion and SEA] and the whole Enemies from Indonesia(5 man team yes). From what Ive experienced on Vainglory and MobileLegends.(but that doesnt mean they have the advantage, especially when they noob and have no tank, no CC hero, they ban/pick the wrong counters and its easy to counter them and win-but not on most cases)

So what Im saying is, MOBa isnt a kind of gameplay that is popular only in the SEA. Even N.A players are into this(the top leading mobile MoBA streamers on Youtube-"Assasin Dave", "Gosu Hoon, Gosu General, Gosu Basic and Gosu Zero(its a squad)" and "Ask Vell" they're on the top Mobile MoBA Youtubers( there are more but from what i see, those others for some are noob and toxic streamers pushing Solo Que and Rank to the Highest, having wr similar to losses) but from those list only the 3rd one has actually made a video about Pokemon Unite and the others dont really care and see Wild Rift more as a suitable Rival for Moba.

That's what you should understand.

(-POKÉMON SNAP is my most hated pokemon game that Ive ever played-but I can understand why some others liked it.)

Last edited:
    Years
    Okay I'm late but was shocked when this was announced haha. Surely they knew the fans would be expecting a main series game and the backlash would be overwhelming? Easily could have been announced in the first livestream, we got baited so hard lmao. Also I think the audience for this will be really niche, like serious MOBA players aren't gonna pick this up, and with it not releasing on PC I can't see it being very successful imo. But hey, I'm not into MOBAs, so I hope this game at least turns out well and is enjoyable for those fans!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I was so exited about this that I completely forgot they announced it, and when I saw this thread on PC, I thought "Omg a game I missed!"

Then I clicked it and realized it was the MOBA that I casually forgot about..

I might try it, but MOBAs aren't usually my thing. Hmmm.

Back