• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokemon vs. Pokemon Weekly Poll #1] Slowbro vs. Slowking

Slowbro or Slowking?

• Slowbro

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Slowking

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Allllllllllllright, tiiiiime to start the installment of the pokemon vs. pokemon weekly polls; with a Pokemon vs. Pokemon threaaaaaad. [Yeesh, I should stop repeatedly typing out the same letters and stating the obvious. :<] Now, these two pokemon are VERY similar!

...In fact they evolve from the same pokemon. So, in this poll, what would you prefer -- Slowbro, or Slowking?

vs.

Similarities:
    ~ Both are evolved from Slowpoke
    ~ Both stats equal 490
    ~ Both have a pink color scheme

Differences
    ~ Slowbro has a more Defense base stat
    ~ Slowking has a more Special Defense base stat
    ~ Slowbro evolves from Slowpoke at level 37
    ~ Slowking evolves from Slowpoke via trade with a Kings Rock

So, which do you prefer and why?

[Got any ideas for a Pokemon vs. Pokemon weekly poll for Pokemon General? Feel free to contact me, Miss Doronjo, via PM. Any type of comparison is accepted! It'll be chosen randomly by a super special awesome secret science and spooky invention though. (the ideas will be picked from a hat. ^___^)]

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I prefer Slowbro over Slowking because:
    • I don't have to trade to get it.
    • It doesn't have some deflated life saver thingy around its neck.
    • It lives up to its name "Slow"bro.
    • I loved Misty's Psyduck's conversation with it.
    • It's a better staller.
    • I like its appearance better.
    • I could use it in a challenge.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Slowbro
    -You don't need to waste any items on evolving it.
    -It has a higher defense.
    -Its better in battle.
    -And I just like it more.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    Slowking for the awesome tophat. Would hate to sit behind him in a movie theater. Plus he talks.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I like Slowking better for no particular reason. I like them both but Slowking.... just looks a bit better.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    Competitivly, I'd use Slowbro because from what I understand, the top threats in 4th gen OU are physical attackers.

But Slowking will be more useful in 5th gen competitive battles...

Then, Slowbro vs. Slowking will depend on what threats you're more worried about.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Slowbro, because competitively Slowbro is better to use than Slowking. Design-wise, I'd go with Slowking.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    One reason why i like slowking... Special Wall.. Other than that, i don't think i have any other use for him :P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I've never considered either Slowpoke or Slowking when thinking of a potential team, but if I had to choose one, it'd definitely be Slowking. Most of my decision comes down to the cool Shellder hat, but from looking at movesets and the like, Slowking learns most of its good moves earlier, and has a higher Special Defense... which apparently means more to me than a physical Defense!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I've never really been fond of either. Starmie would happen to be my water/psychic of choice. XD

If I had to choose though, I'd go Slowbro. when Slowking lose the dopey look in his eyes, he lost what made his evolutionary family charming. Typical pretentious kingly behavior. XD

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm not much of a fan of any of them to be honest and I second Timbjerr, I also prefere Starmie as a Water/Psychic.

But I voted for Slowking because he's got a better apperance IMO.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I voted Slowking.

Why? Because of this quote:

"Brrr... I could use pants..."

End Of. ^^

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Ugh...this is a bit hard to choose. >.< I'm going with Slowbro. You don't have to trade for it, and it's a bit more..."classic", I guess. Slowpoketail+Shellder = Slowbro! One of the first Pokemon formulas I learned. :D A shame that nothing like this is implemented in the games, though. I mean, at least require a Shellder in the party or something! It would actually be cool if the Shellder were "consumed" upon Slowpoke's evolution.

I voted Slowking.

Why? Because of this quote:

"Brrr... I could use pants..."

End Of. ^^

That quote is indeed awesome. Slowking's name also sounds a bit better as well. The collar frill and helmet shell thing are a little weird. It's evolution method is cool, though. And it's a bit...more quick-witted than its counterpart.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I much prefer Slowbro. While I raised one, and never raised a Slowking, I still kept a preference for Slowbro. Slowbro's easier to get when you don't have the option of trading easily. Also, Slowbro fits into my in-game playing style more.

Slowbro's also just "classic" for me. When it comes to thinking about Slowpoke's evolution, Slowbro is the one that comes to mind first, and fits its earlier form. Plus, the design fits the way I picture the evolution family better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back